Page 1121 of 1121 FirstFirst ... 12162110211071111111171118111911201121
Results 16,801 to 16,810 of 16810
  1. #16801
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    It's a combination of the above. NearMint said that Excalibur was the starting point when Marvel increased their print run based on the sudden increase in sales 2nd quarter last year. Excalibur lasted about 1~1.5 months at IST so that's good. At least we don't need to scramble for 1st 10 minutes of release to get a book. Phew.

    More popular title like the New Mutants is still sold out fairly quickly though. Moon Knight is a lesser famous character. That Cates Marvel Cosmic Universe Omni is just priced absurdly, and most of the material is already collected in OHC or treasury edition.
    I agree MK is less famous but I believe his Epic Collections, or at least the first one, went OOP and the price jumped sky high. Plus there's news about the MK Disney+ show. And then I know the Cates collection has its detractors, but he's a very popular writer right now and that will probably be the only opportunity to get Silver Surfer: Black in oversized hardcover (even though the paperback treasury edition is a larger format - I'm surprised they didn't do a special treasury sized HC for collectors). Plus I'm only really surprised about the DM editions still being in stock. Although based on the number of omnibuses that are getting DM editions (and sometime multiple DM editions), maybe Marvel is increasing print runs for those as well.

  2. #16802
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    22

    Default

    If they have increased their print run then it's still not enough, at least not so that international customers can get a copy. I had preordered Excalibur and New Mutants with Amazon on day one. Like many books recently Amazon just hasn't bothered to fulfil the preorders, selling through their entire stock on the Amazon US site it seems. Its incredibly unfair to have ordered before others who then get the book simply because they live in the US. Did anyone from the UK experience similar or did you get your copies? Has anyone got recommendations of alternatives to Amazon in the UK? I am trying Forbidden Planet for future orders, don't know if they'll be any better.

  3. #16803
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    If they have increased their print run then it's still not enough, at least not so that international customers can get a copy. I had preordered Excalibur and New Mutants with Amazon on day one. Like many books recently Amazon just hasn't bothered to fulfil the preorders, selling through their entire stock on the Amazon US site it seems. Its incredibly unfair to have ordered before others who then get the book simply because they live in the US. Did anyone from the UK experience similar or did you get your copies? Has anyone got recommendations of alternatives to Amazon in the UK? I am trying Forbidden Planet for future orders, don't know if they'll be any better.
    Fellow Amazon UK pre-orderer here. No sign of Excalibur yet and they have shifted the date again to Jan 19th. Let's see. Uncanny X-men 1 finally came into stock just before Christmas after months of waiting.

    I think Amazon UK use the UK book distributor (Turnaround) to obtain their stock and they have never had it in either. It's listed as reprinting there which is slightly worrying.

    You can't order from Turnaround directly but the largest UK book wholesaler - Gardners - does run a retail operation at hive.co.uk with some fairly hefty discounts. It's worth keeping an eye out to see if it comes into stock there. I've spotted some titles in stock there for weeks before Amazon finally ships my pre-orders.

  4. #16804
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof Travers View Post
    Fellow Amazon UK pre-orderer here. No sign of Excalibur yet and they have shifted the date again to Jan 19th. Let's see. Uncanny X-men 1 finally came into stock just before Christmas after months of waiting.

    I think Amazon UK use the UK book distributor (Turnaround) to obtain their stock and they have never had it in either. It's listed as reprinting there which is slightly worrying.

    You can't order from Turnaround directly but the largest UK book wholesaler - Gardners - does run a retail operation at hive.co.uk with some fairly hefty discounts. It's worth keeping an eye out to see if it comes into stock there. I've spotted some titles in stock there for weeks before Amazon finally ships my pre-orders.
    So far I have managed to get most of what I'd ordered, even through placing late orders with other sites at higher prices. I'm not hopeful for Excalibur and New Mutants and my order of Absolute Swamp Thing has gone completely. I've complained to Amazon numerous times but they honestly don't give a rats ass. Why would they, its not like they need the custom? I think they outsource all of their complaints to India so out of sight out of mind I'd imagine. Their customer services is completely inept unless its something simple like a return and they just stopped replying to my emails after a while. That's one way of dealing with it I guess lol.

    Thank you for the recommendation of Hive. I had never heard of them but will have a look.

  5. #16805
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    So far I have managed to get most of what I'd ordered, even through placing late orders with other sites at higher prices. I'm not hopeful for Excalibur and New Mutants and my order of Absolute Swamp Thing has gone completely. I've complained to Amazon numerous times but they honestly don't give a rats ass. Why would they, its not like they need the custom? I think they outsource all of their complaints to India so out of sight out of mind I'd imagine. Their customer services is completely inept unless its something simple like a return and they just stopped replying to my emails after a while. That's one way of dealing with it I guess lol.

    Thank you for the recommendation of Hive. I had never heard of them but will have a look.
    It looks like the UK bookshop distributor is now listing New Mutants as landing on 26th Jan. Fingers crossed.

  6. #16806
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu-A1fXbFQg

    Another omnibus from Marvel announced for August 2021

    Kull The Destroyer: The Original Marvel Years

    The previously announced Kull The Savage collects the non code approved stories published in the Marvel Magazines. This new omnibus collects the code approved Marvel comics.

    Contents include: Kull the Conqueror (1971) #1-10, Kull the Destroyer (1973) #11-29, material from Creatures on the Loose (1973) #10, Monsters on the Prowl (1971) #16, Kull and the Barbarians (1975) #1-3, Savage Sword of Conan (1974) #9, Conan the Barbarian (1970) #10 and Annual #3.

    This announcement is not surprising given how quickly Marvel has been collecting the Robert E Howard material. I think the only Howard based titles not collected are Red Sonja and King Conan/Conan the King. Red Sonja rights are separate and not owned by Marvel. I expect a King Conan omnibus to come out in late 2021 or 2022.

    It does look like there is enough Marvel material for a second volume. There are also stories published by Dark Horse that Marvel can now collect.

  7. #16807
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Has anyone read Marvel's Asia themed books: Aero, Swordmaster, etc.? Decent?

  8. #16808
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof Travers View Post
    It looks like the UK bookshop distributor is now listing New Mutants as landing on 26th Jan. Fingers crossed.
    New Mutants 1 now in stock at https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Ch...Vol-1/25692021 for @random82

    55.13 with discount code STAYHOME.

  9. #16809
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Was X of Swords delayed? Disappeared from IST.

  10. #16810

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •