Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I'm surprised we're getting a 3rd volume of the Sorcerer Supreme run instead of a silver age volume 2.
    Pleasantly surprised, here! I love this era, and was afraid that the convoluted mapping would leave the series abandoned at Vol. 2. Looks like they just ignored that issue and skipped all of the crossover material that would have made for a more complete reading experience. I'm not bothered though, as the other titles weren't as strong anyway.

I've also had a hard time figuring out how they're going to map the remaining Epic Collections, but seeing the content of this omni makes me suspect that the Epics just might be where we get the full crossovers.

Now I have 10 months to decide which cover I want, because they're both awesome... :-/
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

I hope they release doctor strange by waid directly as omnibus, like they with Daredevil by Soule. Aaron's strange I already own in ohc

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    I hope they release doctor strange by waid directly as omnibus, like they with Daredevil by Soule. Aaron's strange I already own in ohc
    Is it just me or has Waid's current Strange ongoing not shipped for several months??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Is it just me or has Waid's current Strange ongoing not shipped for several months??
    The series ended after 6 issues.

Incredible Member

The series ended after 6 issues.
    Oh wow really? That surgeon premise could've gone on FAR longer.
    Pity.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I'd forgotten about that one! I think I was waiting for that Omnibus to be discounted like the first one. I need to go hunting that Omnibus. I was thinking of his wonderful variant cover for Marvel Comics 1000.

I have the GA Marvel Comics Vol. 2 Omnibus with the Kaare Andrews cover ( I picked it up from Booksetc.co.uk at a very reasonable price). I much prefer it to the DM Variant. The same with the GA Cap Vol. 1 Omnibus in that I prefer the Lee Weeks regular cover. I'll also be on the look out to pick up the GA Cap Vol. 2 Omnibus Paolo Rivera regular cover:

That Marvel Comics #1000 Variant is pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Classic Invaders cover. I've got a glass with that image on it.

Yes, you are correct. I was confused. I thought the Roger Stern Marvel Universe issues were in them, but instead they reprinted all those various MU issues, including the 3 Invaders issues, and named the book INVADERS Eve of Destruction.
    On the Masterworks Forum, they mentioned and wished that the Invaders Omnibus would include a 3 part Fantastic Four, Invaders, Thing and the Liberty Legion story that went through the Fantastic Four Annual and Marvel Two-In-One.

2 new Marvel omnibus coming out in Feb 2022

Makes sense considering the sequel is coming out in March 2022.
    Always exciting to check upcoming Omnibuses in the hope of a favourite run or character getting the Omnibus treatment. On the other hand, after watching this recent video, I breathed a sigh of relief as my bank account will not be coerced into emptying itself. Very happy for all the Doc Strange collectors and fans.

Astonishing Member

Both automatic buy. These plus Knight of Pendragon are 3 of my top 10 most wanted. Gonna have to revise the list now.

I cannot stress how happy I am with Marvel's omnibus releases.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So we likely are waiting on the MMW line to complete the OG run before we see that volume 2 right? RE: Doctor Strange
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Both automatic buy. These plus Knight of Pendragon are 3 of my top 10 most wanted. Gonna have to revise the list now.

I cannot stress how happy I am with Marvel's omnibus releases.
    Definitely pre ordering both of those.

Same! I was just thinking about when volume 2 of both of these series would be released. Very happy the wait is so short

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So we likely are waiting on the MMW line to complete the OG run before we see that volume 2 right? RE: Doctor Strange
    The Doctor Strange MMW are at vol. 9, so they already have enough material for a second (and third) Silver Age omni.

I know re-mapping before a reprint is more of a DC thing to do, but given how thin Doc's first volume was, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel gave us a recut vol. 1 before soliciting vol. 2....
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Contents of the recently announced Omnibuses:

Doctor Strange by Jason Aaron Omnibus - collects Doctor Strange (2015) #1-20 & Annual #1, Doctor Strange: Last Days of Magic (2016) #1.

Doctor Strange. Sorcerer Omnibus Vol. 3 - collects Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme (1988) #60-90 & Annual #4, Strange Tales(1994) #1, Midnight Sons Unlimited (1993) #6, Doctor Strange: What Is It That Disturbs You, Stephen? (1997) #1, Untold Tales of Spider-Man: Strange Encounter (1998) #1 and Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Ashcan Edition (1995) #1.

Thunderbolts Omnibus Vol. 2 (Feb 2022) - collects Thunderbolts (1997) #34-63 & Annual 2000, Avengers (1998) #31-34 & Annual 2000, Thunderbolts: Life Sentences (2001) #1, Thunderbolts: From The Marvel Vaults (2011) #1, Citizen V & The V-Battalion (2001) #1-3, Citizen V & The V-Battalion: The Everlasting (2002) #1-4.

New Warriors Omnibus Vol. 2 (Jan 2022) - collects New Warriors (1990) #27-53 & Annuals #3-4, Night Thrasher: Four Control (1992) #1-4, X-Force (1991) #32-33, Night Thrasher (1993) #1 (A-story only), 11-12, Nova (1994) #6-7, New Warriors Ashcan Edition (1994) #1; material from Marvel Comics Presents (1992) #122 & 159-163, Marvel Holiday Special (1991) #2.

Didn't Aaron's Strange run get two ohc collections? So the omnibus just combines them, right? Or am I imagining those...

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Didn't Aaron's Strange run get two ohc collections? So the omnibus just combines them, right? Or am I imagining those...
    Yes it did and yes it does.