Page 419 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519919 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Edit.

Nevermind. open mouth insert foot
    I was also keeping watch yesterday ready to snatch it up until I realized it was moved back until next week. Picked up and read Vol 1 mid-summer, figuring if I liked it I'd pick up vol 2 and if I didn't I'd flip it. I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed - it felt like I was reading a mix of martial arts with old school pulp spy fiction. Not for everyone, but definitely for me. At that point Vol 2 shot up to #2 on my most wanted upcoming list behind the cosmic stuff.

Side note, the new Bloom County collection also got pushed back :/
    Last edited by Kowfish; 09-13-2016 at 01:20 PM.

So I am almost done with the second Avengers by Busiek & Perez omni & I have noticed 2 torn pages throughout. Now this is the first time I am reading through it and the tears are so randomly placed I cannot imagine I tore the pages myself. In fact the one is a tear in the middle of the page in which it looked like someone tried to cut out half a panel with an x-acto knife.

I have a very similar situation with one of my New Mutants Classics as well. That one makes me more nervous though since its on newsprint paper.

Has anyone had similar issues with Marvel books? Or any other random defects?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So I am almost done with the second Avengers by Busiek & Perez omni & I have noticed 2 torn pages throughout. Now this is the first time I am reading through it and the tears are so randomly placed I cannot imagine I tore the pages myself. In fact the one is a tear in the middle of the page in which it looked like someone tried to cut out half a panel with an x-acto knife.

I have a very similar situation with one of my New Mutants Classics as well. That one makes me more nervous though since its on newsprint paper.

Yes. That is why I always immediately open new omnis/ohcs and do a page by page flip through so I don't miss my return window. I have 2 books (Remender Punisher and Fraction FF) that have horrible defects that I left wrapped and missed my chance to return.
    After I discovered the first one I vowed never again, unfortunately they were purchased around the same time and I hadn't learned the lesson in time to return the second. Since then I have had to return several others for production flaws (1 Dark Horse & 1 Marvel). Anyone who is leaving their books wrapped is taking a pretty big risk IMO.
    Last edited by Brewman; 09-13-2016 at 08:01 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I open most too. I had a printer fold in my ms. marvel masterworks v2 as the most recent problem.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I open most too. I had a printer fold in my ms. marvel masterworks v2 as the most recent problem.
    I have had several small dog ear or miss cut corner issues. I have kept those, do they suck yeah but not a total deal breaker to me. Tears are totally unacceptable though.
    image.jpgimage.jpgRemender Punisher
    image.jpg And that is as far as I can open the end sheet on the Fraction FF.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Yes. That is why I always immediately open new omnis/ohcs and do a page by page flip through so I don't miss my return window. I have 2 books (Remender Punisher and Fraction FF) that have horrible defects that I left wrapped and missed my chance to return.
    After I discovered the first one I vowed never again, unfortunately they were purchased around the same time and I hadn't learned the lesson in time to return the second. Since then I have had to return several others for production flaws (1 Dark Horse & 1 Marvel). Anyone who is leaving their books wrapped is taking a pretty big risk IMO.
    I actually do open all my books upon delivery & flip through them. However those tears that are in the middle of the page are pretty hard to notice until you read through it & unfortunately I don't always get the chance to start reading when the books come in.

I will have to post a picture when I get home.

While the page is still readable, that fact that I know there is a tear drives me crazy. I have to remember to be extra careful when flipping through those few pages around the defect.

yeah same thing, I flip through them when I get them but I don't inspect each page with scrutiny so some stuff can fall through the cracks
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

The exact same thing happened to me with that book... twice! I had to ask IST for a second replacement copy. Of all the defective hardcovers I received throughout the years, Marvel has the highest number BY FAR. Their quality control leaves much to be desired IMO...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Hey guys, been a while. Been a little sick the last few months and reading is still a bit of a drag so I read almost nothing and couldn't bring it up anymore to keep up with the forum. So I was wondering if anyone could tell what bronze age or modern age omni's have been announced for Marvel the past 4/5 months, as I'm planning on reading more again after reading Omega Men in one go recently. Thanks a lot in advanced!

Ps, I'm planning to keep up a bit more in the future, but I can't promise anything
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    The exact same thing happened to me with that book... twice! I had to ask IST for a second replacement copy. Of all the defective hardcovers I received throughout the years, Marvel has the highest number BY FAR. Their quality control leaves much to be desired IMO...
    I concur. As the owner of many Marvel books its obvious thst quality is job 10--not job 1. The printer(s) they use often make print errors or show no quality control.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Hey guys, been a while. Been a little sick the last few months and reading is still a bit of a drag so I read almost nothing and couldn't bring it up anymore to keep up with the forum. So I was wondering if anyone could tell what bronze age or modern age omni's have been announced for Marvel the past 4/5 months, as I'm planning on reading more again after reading Omega Men in one go recently. Thanks a lot in advanced!

Ps, I'm planning to keep up a bit more in the future, but I can't promise anything
    That happened to mr last year. I was sick from Christams Eve to Leap Day. Not fun.

Hope you feel better.
    Cyclops was right

First of all: being sick sucks and hope you get well very soon!

Here is some stuff I remember coming up and might interest you: I'm sucker for B list crap so I'm eagerly waiting for the Byrne Alpha flight omnibus but that's probably not your cup of tea. There is gonna be a Batman Knightfall omnibus and a Len Wein Swamp thing one too.
    Second Peter David Hulk epic and all the Realm and War of Kings omnibuses you could possibly need (road to and aftermath).
    Also JLA bronze age omnibus, Midnighter by Ennis chunky trade, Sandman Mystery theatre v2 tpb, Tarzan by Buscema omnibus (Dynamite), Velvet deluxe (Brubaker), Batman and the Outsiders dlx, Cosmic Odyssey dlx and DCU by Mignola deluxe (I think...these might be downgraded though).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Once again (see DC thread), good to have you back Victor and hope you feel better soon.

Below is a link to Amazon of almost all the Marvel Omnis and a few OHCS listed by publication date, newest first:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n...8613&rnid=1000

I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    It is such a shame! We shouldn't have to inspect every book for defects. The fact that it happened more than once for the same book is unacceptable. Glad you finally got a clean copy though!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Thanks a lot for the well wishes and answers, I did miss you guys. I wasn't really sick though, the disease I have (Lyme disease) had no other consequences than lack of energy (I basically felt like I slept 5 hours a night even though I actually slept 9-10 every day) and after 6 months of that I just didn't have any energy reserves left and spent all the energy on the necessities and I filled my free time with effortless hobbies like listening to music and playing Super Smash Bros Melee. I'm really feeling better though and my doctor says it should be finally over in 2 months.

As for the solicits: oh... My... Daredevil. Is that a Waid and Brubaker omni I spot there? A bit expensive but pretty damn nice. Also, I thought those WoK omni's only existed in my dreams, though it really sucks that I probably can't afford them before they go oop haha. Also, Marvel's really trying to cash in on GotG aren't they? Who could have ever imagined that the Valentino run would ever be collected in omnibus? Again, tganks a lot guys!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47