Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMzdipEy3Ok

Captain Britain omnibus is getting reprinted in a way. The new edition will include expanded material similar to the Squadron Supreme editions. Details in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Hickman's X-Men run has reignited my love for all things X-Men.

I was looking at some of the old TPB of Fatal Attractions and noticed there are some issues that have never been collected:

Uncanny X-Men #301,302,311,314 and Annual #17

The TPB's recapped them but they didn't include them do you masters of all things collected know why Marvel orphaned these poor books?
    Is Hickman's X-men good? I'm rereading his Avengers run finally and I'm still really enjoying it. Waiting on Marvel to hopefully finish the new collection of his FF run. Looking to get into his X-men run but a little intimated. Suggestions? Recommendations? Vouches?

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMzdipEy3Ok

Captain Britain omnibus is getting reprinted in a way. The new edition will include expanded material similar to the Squadron Supreme editions. Details in the video.
    Oh man, it's gonna chap my hide having the old one with less material.
    If I would've known they'd expand it, I would've sold it while the iron was hot.
    Not that I want to make money on it, I just don't want to be stuck with the inferior product when the new version will have more content.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Oh man, it's gonna chap my hide having the old one with less material.
    If I would've known they'd expand it, I would've sold it while the iron was hot.
    Not that I want to make money on it, I just don't want to be stuck with the inferior product when the new version will have more content.
    They’re just adding in the two OHCs, “Birth of a Legend” and “Siege of Camelot” (and possibly taking out the guest appearance in Captain America #305-06). If you already have those OHCs and the omni, you should have everything in the new omni. The only reason I’m considering upgrading is because my Cap Britain omni is only in decent condition.

And with the way things are going, there’s a decent chance the new version will have thinner paper and worse binding. Your call, but you might be better off sticking with the original.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    They’re just adding in the two OHCs, “Birth of a Legend” and “Siege of Camelot” (and possibly taking out the guest appearance in Captain America #305-06). If you already have those OHCs and the omni, you should have everything in the new omni. The only reason I’m considering upgrading is because my Cap Britain omni is only in decent condition.

And with the way things are going, there’s a decent chance the new version will have thinner paper and worse binding. Your call, but you might be better off sticking with the original.
    Exactly!!

It combines the two OHCs and the original Omnibus but will exclude Captain America #305-306. I prefer to keep the two OHCs and the original Omnibus which IMHO are far superior because of their faux leather covers and thick quality paper as well as the two extra issues. Also the original Omnibus was the perfect size, not too thin or too wieldy. They can fit so much in the "reprint" because of the thinner paper. I wonder if they will also include all the additional material that was in the OHCs and the original Omnibus - there was quite a ton of material. The only thing that would entice me to also buy the "expanded reprint" is if they colour the black and white issues from the original Marvel UK Captain Britain run and Marvel UK Hulk weeklies that were in the OHCs, although the latter are probably best left uncoloured. The initial CB run started in colour but due to financial issues, Marvel UK switched to black & white midway through the run.

Btw, this is still great news for those who have been waiting for this reprint and above all to let many know who the true original "legacy" Captain Britain is, character and all. The Excalibur run and Rick Remender in his Avengers and Uncanny X-Force runs carried out quite the character assassination on the good Captain.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 03-17-2021 at 11:57 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Is Hickman's X-men good? I'm rereading his Avengers run finally and I'm still really enjoying it. Waiting on Marvel to hopefully finish the new collection of his FF run. Looking to get into his X-men run but a little intimated. Suggestions? Recommendations? Vouches?
    Oh, I am an unabashed Hickman fanboy, I love all of his work.

His X-Men run feels like a mix between his Fantastic Four & Avengers run.

There's an underlying mystery entwined with universe shattering bombast.

I would suggest just start with House of X & Powers of X and if you really enjoy that then I would recommend picking up the X-Books that are specifically written by him and Howard's Excalibur (I recommend Excalibur because it is integral for the X of Swords Crossover event that took place last year).

The rest of the titles are great universe building, but only pick those up if you really enjoy Hickman's X-Universe.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 03-17-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Oh, I am an unabashed Hickman fanboy, I love all of his work.

His X-Men run feels like a mix between his Fantastic Four & Avengers run.

There's an underlying mystery entwined with universe shattering bombast.

I would suggest just start with House of X & Powers of X and if you really enjoy that then I would recommend picking up the X-Books that are specifically written by him and Howard's Excalibur (I recommend Excalibur because it is integral for the X of Swords Crossover event that took place last year).

The rest of the titles are great universe building, but only pick those up if you really enjoy Hickman's X-Universe.
    I really appreciate you taking the time to reply! I too am a Hickman fanboy (will they ever call us "Hicks"?)

Funny enough, Excalibur peeked my interest the most over the rest of them. I think I will get the House/Powers of X and try it out!

Incredible Member

One thing to keep in mind about the current X-titles is that the best books (Hellions, X-Factor, and New Mutants) are not necessarily the most important to Hickman’s overall story. Of those three, X-Factor probably has the most importance to the overall Krakoa status quo, but as so often seems to be the case with the X-books, the satellite titles eclipse the more central titles for overall enjoyability.

Fingers crossed they reprint the Hickman F4 Omnibuses as we get closer to the MCU reboot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I really appreciate you taking the time to reply! I too am a Hickman fanboy (will they ever call us "Hicks"?)

Funny enough, Excalibur peeked my interest the most over the rest of them. I think I will get the House/Powers of X and try it out!
    Of course, no prob!

We Hicks gotta look out for one another!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fingers crossed they reprint the Hickman F4 Omnibuses as we get closer to the MCU reboot.
    Same for me, plus his Secret Warriors omni.

Woah, an Ultimates by Al Ewing complete collection?! Now that's awesome. I wish this series continued but I'm glad it's getting a little more attention. 10/10 from me.

Anyone else finding it odd some of the newer announced omnibus' are still not showing up on Amazon?

Amazing Spider-Man Volume 5, Fantastic Four Volume 4, Daredevil by Soule, etc...

While I don't actually order my books from Amazon, I do keep a wishlist there to help me keep track of upcoming books.

Speaking of wishlists...My IST wishlist is SOOO small! Seems they have stopped adding new collections to their "coming soon" section.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    My IST wishlist is SOOO small! Seems they have stopped adding new collections to their "coming soon" section.
    I've noticed that, too. Makes me wonder if they're going to stay in business beyond the books listed.

How fast do we think the Inferno omni will sell out on Tuesday? Trying to keep up with all the recent books means I didn't have the funds to preorder this one. I don't care which cover I get so hopefully they'll have enough.