Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I've noticed that, too. Makes me wonder if they're going to stay in business beyond the books listed.
    Gosh I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    How fast do we think the Inferno omni will sell out on Tuesday? Trying to keep up with all the recent books means I didn't have the funds to preorder this one. I don't care which cover I get so hopefully they'll have enough.
    I am betting within the first 10 to 15 minutes. Inferno has been on lots of people's most wanted list for many years.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Woah, an Ultimates by Al Ewing complete collection?! Now that's awesome. I wish this series continued but I'm glad it's getting a little more attention. 10/10 from me.
    Yeah, there's some great stuff in the new solicitations! I plan on picking up Ewing's Ultimates collection - and about 10 other books! Mostly Epics.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I've noticed that, too. Makes me wonder if they're going to stay in business beyond the books listed.
    I doubt they're going out of business. I think it's just another symptom of the fact they are overloaded and can't keep up as it is, so they're not setting themselves up for failure by advance-advertising books they won't be able to ship in a timely manner anyway...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

How fast do we think the Inferno omni will sell out on Tuesday? Trying to keep up with all the recent books means I didn't have the funds to preorder this one. I don't care which cover I get so hopefully they'll have enough.
    So the Inferno reprint is being released before the Inferno Prologue reprint...? I must've had my dates reversed.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Speaking of wishlists...My IST wishlist is SOOO small! Seems they have stopped adding new collections to their "coming soon" section.
    DCBS also dropped some preorders. Weird. David 90’s X-Factor and Empyre omnis both appear to be delisted. Regular covers are still available for preorder from Amazon, so it doesn’t look like they were cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Gosh I hope so!

I am betting within the first 10 to 15 minutes. Inferno has been on lots of people's most wanted list for many years.
    This is what I'm thinking too. But the Claremont/Lee reprints have lasted awhile now, so who knows. Maybe I'll throw my preorder in now on ToW, but I wanted to order it along with the From Hell: Master Edition and of course ToW doesn't have that listed, for some reason. Decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    So the Inferno reprint is being released before the Inferno Prologue reprint...? I must've had my dates reversed.
    Yeah, I don't know why they release these things "out of order" so much. I already have the Prologue omni but if I was waiting for the reprint of that before reading Inferno proper, I'd be annoyed. The way Marvel releases some of their Epic Collection lines annoys me already.

Yeah, I don't know why they release these things "out of order" so much. I already have the Prologue omni but if I was waiting for the reprint of that before reading Inferno proper, I'd be annoyed. The way Marvel releases some of their Epic Collection lines annoys me already.
    My guess is they knew the core Inferno book was the 'most wanted' of the two, so they solicited/released it first to appease folks, and then once they had everyone all up in a tizzy, they announced the prologue as well. Pure marketing. Cuz if they announced the prologue first, then everyone would just assume the main book would be reprinted. But what do I know... could be totally random and they had the one ready to go before the other one...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

I for one will stick with the Inferno milestone TPB. The omni just has wayyy too much filler and not-good issues.

Totally grabbing that Ultimates epic though!

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qsYRc9REU

Howard the Duck by Zdarsky and Quinones Omnibus is coming in December 2021/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qsYRc9REU

Howard the Duck by Zdarsky and Quinones Omnibus is coming in December 2021/
    This Howard is a pass for me.

Re: Captain Britain Omni
    Why exclude Captain America 305-306? Why is that suddenly "worth" omitting in the collections dept view?
    I'm planning to get this as it was long OOP when I first found out it existed however disappointed that content is being dropped. I doubt those 44 pages really affect the books cost to any real degree.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Re: Captain Britain Omni
    Why exclude Captain America 305-306? Why is that suddenly "worth" omitting in the collections dept view?
    I'm planning to get this as it was long OOP when I first found out it existed however disappointed that content is being dropped. I doubt those 44 pages really affect the books cost to any real degree.
    Size, probably. They’re combining a regular-sized omnibus with two earlier OHCs, so this is going to be a big ‘un. They may have felt like the Cap team-up issues were the least essential material in the collection, or that the extra page count would negatively impact the binding/gutter loss.

That, or the solicitation is wrong and they’ll actually be in there. Could go either way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Size, probably. They’re combining a regular-sized omnibus with two earlier OHCs, so this is going to be a big ‘un. They may have felt like the Cap team-up issues were the least essential material in the collection, or that the extra page count would negatively impact the binding/gutter loss.

That, or the solicitation is wrong and they’ll actually be in there. Could go either way.
    Percentage wise, how much of this new omni is actually written by Moore?

Per Omar & NMC we have...

Excalibur Omnibus Volume 2 in November AND New Mutants Omnibus Volume 2 in December!

SOOO excited for New Mutants! It will fill the gap between the first omni & Fall of the Mutants omni.

Gonna skip the Inferno Omni, as I already have all 3 OHCs (Prologue, Inferno, Crossovers).

I'm all over that Excalibur Omni vol 2 - hope it finishes Davis' run.

*edit* - looks like it will finish up Davis' run, which means that these two Excalibur volumes (along with the Cap Britain omni as a sort of prologue) should make for one of, if not the best, 3-volume set of Omnis you could get. Seriously, Davis's run was SO GOOD!
    Last edited by slop101; 03-19-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Percentage wise, how much of this new omni is actually written by Moore?
    I would say about 20-25%. Note that the original Omnibus had only about 50% Alan Moore material. The remainder was written by Jamie Delano, Dave Thorpe and some one/two-shots/remaining issues by others. People often mistakenly credit the original Omnibus as an Alan Moore written Omnibus which unfortunately isn't correct as quite a bulk of the good stuff (other than the excellent Moore issues) is also written by Jamie Delano and Dave Thorpe. The new costume was also introduced in a Dave Thorpe written issue. If anything, almost all of the original Omnibus was drawn by Alan Davis. Chris Claremont who is credited on the dust jacket of the original Omnibus only wrote 2 issues - the New Mutants and X-Men annuals.