Page 887 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 387787837877883884885886887888889890891897937987 ... LastLast
Results 13,291 to 13,305 of 20730
    Spectacular Member

What is up with Marvel not wanting to release/print the Epic that reprints ASM 273-289 released? I can't believe they chose issues that have recently been re-released in a reprint omnibus.
    Last edited by Avengers1986; 10-31-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Yeah,itīs a tough choice.
    The price of the Spider-Man Michelinie and Tod McFarlane Omnibus is getting more expensive every time i check the price of it.I think the stock is runing low in that Omnibus.Something that is surprising because the reprint edition is new.
    So right now i am thinking of getting that Omnibus before it gets OOP as it seems by the prices getting more expensive.
    But at the same time dunno if the Spider-Man Omnibus 3 or Spider-Man by Roger Stern will not get OOP as well.So itīs nice that there are those great Spider-Man Omnibuses available to buy but is not a easy choice to decide the Omnibus to buy considerating that three of them seem to be getting OOP.
    The Roger Stern Omnibus is already OOP if I'm not mistaken. If you can still pick it up at a "decent" price, I would suggest that you do so, and then ASM Vol. 3. The Michelinie McFarlane reprint may seem OOP at the moment but will probably be back in stock in various online stores. Certain stores are low in stock following the first couple of weeks of release but then they get more stock in. I remember a similar situation with Dr Strange SA Vol. 1 and Daredevil Waid Vol. 1.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Roger Stern Omnibus is already OOP if I'm not mistaken. If you can still pick it up at a "decent" price, I would suggest that you do so, and then ASM Vol. 3. The Michelinie McFarlane reprint may seem OOP at the moment but will probably be back in stock in various online stores. Certain stores are low in stock following the first couple of weeks of release but then they get more stock in. I remember a similar situation with Dr Strange SA Vol. 1 and Daredevil Waid Vol. 1.
    Thank you for the info.
    I ordered Omnibus by Tod McFarlane,because in a very short time i kept seeing the prices of this book going up and currently there were even shops that did not had that book available anymore.So i thought it was going OOP faster that the ASM Omninbus by Roger Stern and ASM Vol.3.Did not knew that these new Omnibuses could go back in stock again.I thought once they were not available anymore in the online stories it meant it was OOP.
    So after seeing the the Spider-Man Omnibus by DM and Mcfarlane by a reasonable price,twenty five euros cheaper that the cover price i ordered it today.
    Apreciated the information.The next two Omnibuses i will buy will be for sure the Spider-Man by Roger Stern and the Amazing Spider-Man Vol 3 Omnibus before it goes OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    What is up with Marvel not wanting to release/print the Epic that reprints 273-289 released? I can't believe they chose issues that have recently been re-released in a reprint omnibus.
    What's not to believe? They solicited a Carol Danvers Ms Marvel omnibus and than followed that up with a Epic trade collecting part of the omnibus

Astonishing Member

^^^
    Maybe itīs because Marvel think that the collectors of Omnibuses are not the same of the Marvel Epic Collection.
    As to me i donīt mind to have different collected editions in my collection of comic books.

Mutant X yay or nay?

Spectacular Member

Is the Mark Waid Daredevil vol 1 omnibus about to go out of print?

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    What is up with Marvel not wanting to release/print the Epic that reprints ASM 273-289 released? I can't believe they chose issues that have recently been re-released in a reprint omnibus.
    Completely agree with your frustration! I have Kravens Last Hunt epic, Michelinie/Macfarlane/Larsen omnis all waiting to be read, but they just keep releasing Epics of that same material instead of filling that gap. So I buy more DC stuff while I wait.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    What's not to believe? They solicited a Carol Danvers Ms Marvel omnibus and than followed that up with a Epic trade collecting part of the omnibus
    I just realized the other day, how "gosh, Marvel REALLY wants to push Capt Marvel" - her movie gets an Omnibus, whereas Ant-Man, and especially Black Panther did not. I think that says something. Granted, Ant-Man, while one of MY personal favorites, doesn't really have a ton of omnibus-worthy material, if I'm really honest. BP? totally does, across MANY eras. But alas, no omnibus. But Capt Marvel? BOOM, instant omnibus. I love the character, don't get me wrong, but it seems obvious that they REALLY want a Marvel equivalent to Wonder Woman, and have decided Carol's it. I think it's not a wild stretch of the imagination that Carol is going to save the day, at least to some degree, in Avengers 4. I'm excited for all of this, it just bums me out that neither Hank nor T-Challa got an omni. I would bet when BP 2 comes out, we'll get 1 or even 2 omnis, but we've now had two AM movies and nothing. dang.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Mutant X yay or nay?
    Personally, I loved it - but it has a lot of naysayers on the forums too.
    It got a bit tired towards the end, but this first volume was the best material from memory.

If you like What If or Exiles, you will probably like it. It has good twists on X-Favourites. Eg.
    What If Storm remained a vampire = Bloodstorm
    What if Beast had mutated differently
    What If Angel never fully recovered from Apocalypse =The Fallen
    Etc

Just nice little dark twists in a 90s style comic

I would pick it up as an Omnibus

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I agree on Ant-Man. I had thought that surely with AM&TW sequel we might get the material that makes up Ant-Man/Goliath MMW+Black Goliath + a few relevant Avengers and/or other issues into an Omni.
    However, nothing.

Come on Marvel Collections Dept, give Hank some Omni love!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection: Assassin Nation

Description: Archenemies, assassins and Inferno! David Michelinie and Todd McFarlane's fan-favorite run continues, as the superstar artist takes on classic Spidey villains Mysterio, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Lizard, Rhino and Scorpion! Plus, the web-slinger faces a brutal rematch with his newest and deadliest enemy: Venom! As Manhattan goes mad, Spidey faces down the demonic threat of Inferno...but Peter's powers can't save him and MJ from a Christmastime eviction! Then, Spidey tackles international espionage when he's drawn into the Assassin Nation Plot alongside Silver Sable, roguish gun-for-hire Paladin and Captain America! But when the assassin is revealed, who will survive? Plus, as Atlantis Attacks, Spidey and She-Hulk battle the Abomination! And a classic graphic novel sheds new light on Peter and Mary Jane's lives!

COLLECTING: VOL. 19: AMAZING SPIDERMAN (1963) 311-325, ANNUAL 23; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: PARALLEL LIVES GN

-------------------------------------------
    Not too surprising, but I was kind of hoping the SSM and WoSM parts of Inferno would be included. I know you can get them all together in the Inferno X-Overs collection, but there's a decent chunk of material in there I have no interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection: Assassin Nation

Description: Archenemies, assassins and Inferno! David Michelinie and Todd McFarlane's fan-favorite run continues, as the superstar artist takes on classic Spidey villains Mysterio, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Lizard, Rhino and Scorpion! Plus, the web-slinger faces a brutal rematch with his newest and deadliest enemy: Venom! As Manhattan goes mad, Spidey faces down the demonic threat of Inferno...but Peter's powers can't save him and MJ from a Christmastime eviction! Then, Spidey tackles international espionage when he's drawn into the Assassin Nation Plot alongside Silver Sable, roguish gun-for-hire Paladin and Captain America! But when the assassin is revealed, who will survive? Plus, as Atlantis Attacks, Spidey and She-Hulk battle the Abomination! And a classic graphic novel sheds new light on Peter and Mary Jane's lives!

COLLECTING: VOL. 19: AMAZING SPIDERMAN (1963) 311-325, ANNUAL 23; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: PARALLEL LIVES GN

-------------------------------------------
    Not too surprising, but I was kind of hoping the SSM and WoSM parts of Inferno would be included. I know you can get them all together in the Inferno X-Overs collection, but there's a decent chunk of material in there I have no interest in.
    Big pass, we already have this in omnibus form except for the OGN.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Big pass, we already have this in omnibus form except for the OGN.
    Omnibus is also missing annual 23. And Parallel Lives is available in OHC in Spider-Man: The Graphic Novels

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    Omnibus is also missing annual 23. And Parallel Lives is available in OHC in Spider-Man: The Graphic Novels
    ASM Annual #23 is in the Atlantis Attacks Omnibus. Therefore, if you have the AA Omnibus, Spidey Omnibus and the SM Graphic Novels OHC, you're all set (I only have the latter two).