Page 815 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3157157658058118128138148158168178188198258659151315 ... LastLast
Results 12,211 to 12,225 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Quick question, is there a Star Wars omnibus of the 2015 Marvel run or is it just OHCs like the below?

https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Ja...Vol-1/19778886 :
    Just OHC so far. I would think eventually they'll collect the first 3 OHC as a Star Wars by Jason Aaron Omnibus (possibly with the crossovers between Darth Vader and Aphra).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    Wolverine by Daniel Way would definitely be an instant buy for me as well!
    I would also welcome, but we need a "classic" vol.2 and the by Hama vol.1&2 first please.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    So close to pulling the trigger on Infinity Gauntlet.
    Why they did not reprint this in time for the movie baffles me. As does most things in Collections.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Why they did not reprint this in time for the movie baffles me. As does most things in Collections.
    Goodness knows. They did the terrible slipcase edition which is too expensive and filled with crap.

Goodness knows. They did the terrible slipcase edition which is too expensive and filled with crap.
    Yeah I wouldn't be suprised if the lack of reprint for the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is because Marvel wanted to sell the slipcase edition. The lack of reprint for Annihilation and the Daredevil Omnibus by Bendis are the ones I don't understand though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't be suprised if the lack of reprint for the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is because Marvel wanted to sell the slipcase edition. The lack of reprint for Annihilation and the Daredevil Omnibus by Bendis are the ones I don't understand though.
    How often do they reprint omnibuses? I am still relatively new.

Mighty Member

We've seen much more in recent years. It just makes Marvel's decisions more confusing lol

It's really inconsistent so it's hard to say. Some classic omnibi have been reprinted a lot such as Amazing Spider-Man Vol.1, Fantastic Four Vol.1, Daredevil by Miller or the Uncanny X-Men Omnibus by Claremont but other Omnibi have been out of print for a while. Sometimes instead of a reprint, Marvel can release some complete collection or epic collection to collect the material from the out of print Omnibi.

But frankly it's best to buy one before it goes out of print because you never know when a reprint is going to happen. The only omnibus I'm still searching is the Big Damn Sin City and I'm still thinking how I could have buy it for almost nothing when it was still in print.
    Last edited by Hush; 05-17-2018 at 08:42 AM.

There's no rhyme or reason to what or if at all something gets reprinted. I'd have liked an IG omni reprint over the box set this year, but I'm being optimistic they will reprint it before next years movie.

Incredible Member

As Hush said, its best to buy something before it goes out of print rather than hoping it will get a reprint. Reprints can take years or it will get reprinted in a different format. I think Tomb of Dracula was originally printed in 2008/2009? Its just now getting reprinted. That's 10 years between printings.
    When I started buying omnibus', I learned quickly they go out of print in a few years (MMW can be a year) so I prioritized my buying on books which had been out for a few years.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

I figured we'd get a non-omni Infinity Gauntley OHC with just the mini-series (and maybe some Silver Surfer lead-in issues). Like what they did with the Winter Soldier OHC when that movie came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Do the movies actually boost sales? I thought movies did not boost sales for the books.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Do the movies actually boost sales? I thought movies did not boost sales for the books.
    Whether they boost sales or not, there's been a strong trend over the years of releasing material to coincide with movies/shows

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    To be honest almost none, the complete collection by Way didn't sell well especially the third volume. My guess for future Wolverine omnibi would be Wolverine Vol.2, an Hama Omnibus, the recent Old Man Logan serie and either a Greg Rucka or a Frank Tieri Omnibus.
    Ahh that's to bad to hear. I was hoping Way's Wolverine goes the same route as his Deadpool, first the complete editions and than a omnibus. But I guess would buy any omnibus you mention

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    Just OHC so far. I would think eventually they'll collect the first 3 OHC as a Star Wars by Jason Aaron Omnibus (possibly with the crossovers between Darth Vader and Aphra).
    Cheers Enguarde22, I'll hold out for the Omnibus.