Page 593 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 934935435835895905915925935945955965976036436931093 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 20773
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DAREDEVIL: SHADOWLAND OMNIBUS

This would include:
    Possible material from Daredevil Vol. 2 #500
    Dark Reign The List: Daredevil one shot
    Daredevil Vol. 2 #501-512
    Shadowland #1-5
    After The Fall one shot
    Shadowland Tie-ins (Blood On The Streets #1-4; Street Heroes – 7 issues; Moon Knight #1-3; Power Man #1-4; Thunderbolts #148-149)
    Possibly pgs. 4-5 from Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #513
    Daredevil Reborn #1-4

A potential 43 issues with additional material.

The Shadowland Omnibus would very nicely slide onto the shelf between Daredevil by Brubaker Omnibus Vol. 2 and Daredevil by Waid Vol. 1 Omnibus with no issue gaps in between. Just beautiful.
    I would buy this book in a hot second. Might make my list this year.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    same with me.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Ok, so I'm close to finishing the second phase of my reading through Daredevil chronologically i.e. Daredevil Volume 2 (1998), the first phase was Daredevil Volume 1 (1964). This includes every single issue of the regular DD run, crossovers, appearances in other comics, miniseries, one shots, all major Marvel events and so on. As I near the finish line, I see in my mind a very serious contender for the Most Wanted Marvel Top 50 Omnibus List:

This would include:
    Shadowland #1-5
    After The Fall one shot
    Shadowland Tie-ins (Blood On The Streets #1-4; Street Heroes – 7 issues; Moon Knight #1-3; Power Man #1-4; Thunderbolts #148-149)
    Daredevil Reborn #1-4

The Shadowland Omnibus would very nicely slide onto the shelf between Daredevil by Brubaker Omnibus Vol. 2 and Daredevil by Waid Vol. 1 Omnibus with no issue gaps in between. Just beautiful.

Another great argument for this Omnibus happening is that the majority of key characters appearing therein also appear in the various Netflix series i.e. Daredevil, Elektra, Foggy Nelson, Ben Urich, Kingpin, The Hand, Punisher, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Rafi Scarfe, Iron Fist and Colleen Wing. Other major players in Shadowland also appear or may appear on the small or big screen such as Ghost Rider (Agents of SHIELD), Moon Knight (possible Netflix series) and Spider-Man (upcoming movies).

Put your votes in on this nomination if you can.
    I love this!

Ok, so I'm close to finishing the second phase of my reading through Daredevil chronologically i.e. Daredevil Volume 2 (1998), the first phase was Daredevil Volume 1 (1964). This includes every single issue of the regular DD run, crossovers, appearances in other comics, miniseries, one shots, all major Marvel events and so on. As I near the finish line, I see in my mind a very serious contender for the Most Wanted Marvel Top 50 Omnibus List:

This would include:
    Shadowland #1-5
    After The Fall one shot
    Daredevil Reborn #1-4

Another great argument for this Omnibus happening is that the majority of key characters appearing therein also appear in the various Netflix series i.e. Daredevil, Elektra, Foggy Nelson, Ben Urich, Kingpin, The Hand, Punisher, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Rafi Scarfe, Iron Fist and Colleen Wing. Other major players in Shadowland also appear or may appear on the small or big screen such as Ghost Rider (Agents of SHIELD), Moon Knight (possible Netflix series) and Spider-Man (upcoming movies).

Put your votes in on this nomination if you can.
    Not only did I already vote for a Shadowland omni, but I think I had it at #4 on my list, so it's getting good points from me.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I didn't put it on my Top 10 list but would pick it up.
    I think it's an under-appreciated DD event and put into larger context of some other Marvel events it frankly shines that much brighter with the passing of time.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

As if whether or not anyone else was voting for Dazzler would stop me from voting for it

No, I was referring to one of the gap-fillers, similar to "After Mutant Massacre / Before Fall of the Mutants." I had never really thought of this particular one before, but then once I saw it all laid out in the post I was like, "OMG DUH WHY DON'T WE HAVE THAT I NEED IT?!?"

That for me sealed the deal on doing these posts. It's not like I'm telling anyone what to vote for, since I'm suggesting dozens and dozens of books, but I think that - much like that "Before the Fall" book - there are a lot of volumes out there people would vote for in a hurry once they could visualize what they would contain.
    Exactly! I already sent in my votes for this year but I'm definitely going to use these as a reference next. Once they Claremont era is all finished up the really need to shift focus to the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    same with me.
    There are dozens of us.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Go on Krisis, put it on the list. You know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    same with me.
    You too Drakul.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I love this!

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Not only did I already vote for a Shadowland omni, but I think I had it at #4 on my list, so it's getting good points from me.
    Good man Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I didn't put it on my Top 10 list but would pick it up.
    I think it's an under-appreciated DD event and put into larger context of some other Marvel events it frankly shines that much brighter with the passing of time.
    Yes, I'm inclined to agree and I quite enjoyed it, moreso than Secret War, House of M, Acts of Vengeance, Secret Wars II or Secret Invasion. The latter probably being the worst event I've read.

I think the build up issues to Shadowland in DD #501-507 were the weakest and had some ridiculous moments IMHO. But the following DD and Shadowland issues which were the main event were actually pretty good with some very solid art by Roberto De La Torre, Marco Checchetto and Billy Tan. Andy Diggle gets a bad wrap but considering he inherited Daredevil where Brubaker left him which I don't think was a very good place, he probably did the best he could. The tieins were also for the most part very decent.

Incredible Member

As if whether or not anyone else was voting for Dazzler would stop me from voting for it

No, I was referring to one of the gap-fillers, similar to "After Mutant Massacre / Before Fall of the Mutants." I had never really thought of this particular one before, but then once I saw it all laid out in the post I was like, "OMG DUH WHY DON'T WE HAVE THAT I NEED IT?!?"

That for me sealed the deal on doing these posts. It's not like I'm telling anyone what to vote for, since I'm suggesting dozens and dozens of books, but I think that - much like that "Before the Fall" book - there are a lot of volumes out there people would vote for in a hurry once they could visualize what they would contain.
    You lay it out so sensibly and it is not that many books to close out the eras you have blogged so far. COME ON MARVEL AND JUST GET IT DONE ALREADY!!!!!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

What about a Marvelman/Miracleman by Alan Moore/The Original Writer omnibus?

I'm surprised we haven't gotten one yet

All-New Member

Default Omnibus

Quick question
    Do marvel omnibuses contain complete stories or just part of some stories?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    What about a Marvelman/Miracleman by Alan Moore/The Original Writer omnibus?

I'm surprised we haven't gotten one yet
    I'm also waiting for that
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Oneal View Post
    Quick question
    Do marvel omnibuses contain complete stories or just part of some stories?
    Both.

Depends on what it's an omnibus of.

Indeed!

For those still looking for potential votes to fill out their ballots, I've blogged a comprehensive map of potential Omnibuses for all of the X-Men titles 1963 to 1991 and 1991 to 2001, which yields 46 potential omnibuses - including one that would probably be my #2 vote if I thought anyone other than me would vote for it.

If you've been thinking of a potential X-Omni and just can't quite put your finger on what it should collect, this should help you nail it down. I'll continue this series of posts this week until I've covered every possible omnibus of X-Men comics through present day. Then, my intent is to reverse course and highlight some of the most-deserving omnibus runs from the rest of Marvel from All-New All-Different all the way back to the Silver Age.

Basically: If you haven't voted yet, settle in - I have a lot of suggestions for you
    Oh, wow. Great suggestions.

I'm not gonna lie and pretend my top 10 isn't completely made of X-Books. If the Kelly/Seagle run is your #2, it made my list.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I understand. I enjoyed Uncanny X-Men up until about the early 220s or so. I didn't read another one until Morrison took over and a friend begged me to. After that I went back and read some runs but could never really get into the 90s X-stuff except for the rare gem here or there.
    There was a gem among the turds of 90s X-Men comics? Who knew?