Page 859 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3597598098498558568578588598608618628638699099591359 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,885 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Yeah, Fury by Ennis Omnibus would be great (nice size too at 25 issues)
    Punisher MAX Companion would be a similar size:
    - #61-75
    - Untold Tales of Punisher MAX #1-5
    - Remaining one shots uncollected in OHC

Would leave room for a final Ennis OHC to collect Born, Platoon and whatever sequel is in the works
    This is in the first Max omnibus.

Amazing Member

Hello everyone.

I started reading comics last year, I mainly buy omnibus and TPBs.

Right now I have three regrets though:
    - I have the first volumes of Spider-Man by JMS but the volume 5 is out of print.
    - I missed Avengers by Hickman Omnibus volume 1. I saw it on sales one day but did not have the money for it, feels like it went out of print all of a sudden.
    - I missed the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus.

I really hope they will reprint these books, especially the Infinity Gauntlet one since Infinity War will release next year.

Before I started collecting Marvel and DC books I did not expect this kind of "out of print" problems.
    Last edited by Author; 08-17-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    This is in the first Max omnibus.
    I know Born is in the Omnibus, but my understanding is that Born is the last part of an Ennis "'Nam trilogy". Platoon was missed out of the omnibus and we believe Ennis is to write a third miniseries - if this is correct, I figure it will be more likely all 3 miniseries will be collected together as a "by Ennis" OHC, as opposed to dropping Platoon into a mixed content Companion omnibus.
    For the sake of 4 issues, I wouldn't mind the double dip.

Pure speculation, of course.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I only started reading comics at the start of the year and was surprised by the oop situation for popular titles myself.

Part of the problem I think, is the higher prices compared to novels, as well as a smaller market size and the emphasis on glossy, pristine quality.

All in all, I'll pay €3 for a dog-eared novel I want to read, it doesn't effect the experience. But with the smaller omnibus aftermarket and quality directly effecting the experience, then prices increase instead of decrease.
    It’s the nature of a collecting market for a limited product. Most stuff is not really out of print if you simply want to read it. It’s just out of print in the omnibus format. The market of people buying expensive large hardcover comic books is limited so they won’t print so much that they always have to liquidate with low prices later. It does suck to have missed out on books though when you want to get into these books.

I know Born is in the Omnibus, but my understanding is that Born is the last part of an Ennis "'Nam trilogy". Platoon was missed out of the omnibus and we believe Ennis is to write a third miniseries - if this is correct, I figure it will be more likely all 3 miniseries will be collected together as a "by Ennis" OHC, as opposed to dropping Platoon into a mixed content Companion omnibus.

This is what Ennis has suggested in the past. Also, I would throw in the two or three Fury issues that feature Frank in Vietnam.

I am looking forward to Marvels November solicitations
    October disappointed me, hoping up coming listings
    Has a few gems.

Yeah, Fury by Ennis Omnibus would be great (nice size too at 25 issues)
    Punisher MAX Companion would be a similar size:
    - #61-75
    - Untold Tales of Punisher MAX #1-5
    - Remaining one shots uncollected in OHC

Would leave room for a final Ennis OHC to collect Born, Platoon and whatever sequel is in the works

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This is what Ennis has suggested in the past. Also, I would throw in the two or three Fury issues that feature Frank in Vietnam.
    Great ideas Also add the Punisher War Zone mini by Ennis as a bonus since it was never collected in OHC. Despite not being set in the Max Universe or in Vitenam I wouldn't complain lol.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Received my Ennis Punisher MAX Vol 1 Omnibus and Spider-Man: Kraven’s Last Hunt Deluxe.

Build on both looks solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Received my Ennis Punisher MAX Vol 1 Omnibus and Spider-Man: Kraven’s Last Hunt Deluxe.

Build on both looks solid.
    I'm half way thru Kraven. Yes, great build.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm half way thru Kraven. Yes, great build.
    I plan on reading it tomorrow. It’s been nearly 30 years since I last read this.

I don't know how the story reads today with a person fairly new to comics, but I remember buying the first instalment
    comic off the stands and being completely blown away with the last few pages. I really got serious into comics in
    1980 and would be reading many Marvel books every week, but that Kraven story line (if nothing else) took him from
    being a clown like Gibbon to a serious contender in the Spidey rogue gallery

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I don't know how the story reads today with a person fairly new to comics, but I remember buying the first instalment
    comic off the stands and being completely blown away with the last few pages. I really got serious into comics in
    1980 and would be reading many Marvel books every week, but that Kraven story line (if nothing else) took him from
    being a clown like Gibbon to a serious contender in the Spidey rogue gallery
    Here's my take (and from someone who read it 30 years ago and was blown away). It's still a good story but in my opinion it has some problems. One thing I liked when it was initially published was the writing style. J.M. DeMatteis veered away from his (typical Marvel-style) wordiness and wrote experimented in what I'd say was some type of staccato style (for lack of a better definition).

At the time, I liked it. But now reading it, the writing feels kind of amateurish, like cheap poetry and very reminiscent of what Tom King writes over in Batman (in which the ideas/stories are not bad but the writing itself kind of sucks).

That said, the story itself holds up.

Just my two cents, Two Cents!

Incredible Member

I got the epic previously and really enjoyed the story. I think it holds up well but I read some of the previous issues (Ned Leeds/Hobgoblin) back in the early 90s so the style of the day works for me. I will re read it at some point. I don’t think I will double dip but I may during a sale someday.

I just finished the original 6-part story from the book. I forgot all about the Vermin character. I also forgot how beautiful the artwork by Mike Zeck is.