Page 590 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 904905405805865875885895905915925935946006406901090 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 20773
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Aren't there dozens(hundreds?) of issues between each of those?
    Messiah Complex is 13 issues, Messiah War is 7 (though the OHC included another 6), and Second Coming is 15 issues. So, they could easily fit together into a single Omnibus.

The bigger problem is, as you pointed out, that they don't connect with each other. Second Coming does complete the arc that Messiah Complex begins, but there's all of UXM and X-Force in the middle teeing up its big plot beats. And, Messiah War really has nothing to do with either of them - it's just X-Force and Cable romping together against an Stryfe copy in the future.

People are obsessed with putting them together solely because of the theme of their titles. Vote for it if you're so motivated, but they would make a crappy book. Plus, they've all been in OHC already, but that period is rife with UXM and Legacy issues that have never seen oversized collection that would remain as gaps between them.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Hope people throw some love for Generation X as well!

Also, with Cable #1-8 being solicited as part of the X-Force Omnibus, can we assume the rest of his ongoing will be collecter with X-Force and not in its own Omnibus?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hope people throw some love for Generation X as well!

Also, with Cable #1-8 being solicited as part of the X-Force Omnibus, can we assume the rest of his ongoing will be collecter with X-Force and not in its own Omnibus?
    I'm really hoping that we can get a Cable & X-Force omnibus line to follow the Deadpool & X-Force book, since everything else Deadpool has been collected in Omnibus and it no longer intersects with X-Force at all.

The pro AND the con of a Cable & X-Force, Vol 1 would be it would cover exactly as much Cable/X-Force as we have collected already - right up to AOA, or maybe one trade past it. However, if we can get that one along with a second Deadpool movie (which will have Cable) then there's the possibility of a Cable & X-Force, Vol. 2 smashing through into the 30s for Cable and 50s for X-Force, which would be newly-collected material!

I haven't sat down to rough out the full mapping yet of what it would take to get all the way to Counter X in both books (at which point they seriously diverge), but let's just roughly call it 75 issues each from the end of Deadpool & X-Force - so, 150 total issues in four omnibus volumes that are a reasonable 38 issues each.

It's not the craziest idea in the world. We just got six Shang-Chi omnibuses in one year, and they don't tie into two movies and have an X in the title
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Messiah Complex is 13 issues, Messiah War is 7 (though the OHC included another 6), and Second Coming is 15 issues. So, they could easily fit together into a single Omnibus.

The bigger problem is, as you pointed out, that they don't connect with each other. Second Coming does complete the arc that Messiah Complex begins, but there's all of UXM and X-Force in the middle teeing up its big plot beats. And, Messiah War really has nothing to do with either of them - it's just X-Force and Cable romping together against an Stryfe copy in the future.

People are obsessed with putting them together solely because of the theme of their titles. Vote for it if you're so motivated, but they would make a crappy book. Plus, they've all been in OHC already, but that period is rife with UXM and Legacy issues that have never seen oversized collection that would remain as gaps between them.
    I know it won't happen, but I would LOVE to see the Brubaker-Fraction-Gillen era collected like Claremont's era is getting now, with multiple titles bundled together between crossovers.
    There are titles that work better in their own collections, all of which have been mentioned, e.g. New X-Men, X-Men: Legacy (inc.Secret Invasion #1-4), Cable (including Messiah War crossover) & X-Factor. However, using Uncanny as the core, other runs fit nicely into bundling into BIG OHCs. I would go:

Messiah Complex Prelude OHC (UXM #487-491, X-Men vol.2 #188-204+Ann#1, All of the Endangered Species content)
    MESSIAH COMPLEX OHC
    Manifest Destiny Omnibus (UXM #495-512+Ann#2, Young X-Men #1-12, X-Men: Manifest Destiny #1-5, X-Men: Divided We Stand #1-2, FCBD, Nightcrawler #1, Eternals #7-9, Runnaways #10, SWORD #1-5, X-Infernus #1-4)
    Astonishing X-Men by Ellis OHC (#25-35, AXM: Ghost Boxes #1-2, AXM: Exogenesis #1-5)
    UTOPIA X
    Nation X Omnibus (UXM #515-522, New Mutants #1-11, Nation X #1-4, Dark Reign: The List - X-Men, Dark X-Men #1-5)
    NECROSHA X
    SECOND COMING
    X-Men: The Heroic Age Omnibus (UXM #526-543+534.1+Ann#3, Heroic Age: X-Men, Generation Hope #1-9, New Mutants #15-21 / 25-32, Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Annual #1, Namor Annual #1)
    Schism & Regenesis OHC (Schism Prelude #1-4, UXM #544, Schism #1-5, Regenesis, UXM vol.2 #1-10, Generation Hope #12-17, New Mutants #33-41, X-Club #1-5, Magneto: Not A Hero #1-4)
    Final OHC to gather the remainder of NM, post-Carey XM:L & Majorie Liu's Astonishing X-Men (New Mutants #42-50, Exiled #1, JITM #637-638, XM:L #260.1-275, AXM 48-59+Ann / 62-68)

Very aware Manifest Destiny & Regenesis proposals don't quite hold ALL the material, but it focuses on material that wouldn't naturally be captured elsewhere, e.g. future X-Factor Omnibus, future XM: Legacy by Carey Omnibus, existing Wolverine by Aaron Omnibus.

Ahhhhhh, a fan can dream!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    This looks incredible, great job!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Nice. I just "played" twice
    I intentionally enabled multiple answers. I bet all of us with more than one volume

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I know it won't happen, but I would LOVE to see the Brubaker-Fraction-Gillen era collected like Claremont's era is getting now, with multiple titles bundled together between crossovers.
    There are titles that work better in their own collections, all of which have been mentioned, e.g. New X-Men, X-Men: Legacy (inc.Secret Invasion #1-4), Cable (including Messiah War crossover) & X-Factor. However, using Uncanny as the core, other runs fit nicely into bundling into BIG OHCs. I would go:

Messiah Complex Prelude OHC (UXM #487-491, X-Men vol.2 #188-204+Ann#1, All of the Endangered Species content)
    MESSIAH COMPLEX OHC
    Manifest Destiny Omnibus (UXM #495-512+Ann#2, Young X-Men #1-12, X-Men: Manifest Destiny #1-5, X-Men: Divided We Stand #1-2, FCBD, Nightcrawler #1, Eternals #7-9, Runnaways #10, SWORD #1-5, X-Infernus #1-4)
    Astonishing X-Men by Ellis OHC (#25-35, AXM: Ghost Boxes #1-2, AXM: Exogenesis #1-5)
    UTOPIA X
    Nation X Omnibus (UXM #515-522, New Mutants #1-11, Nation X #1-4, Dark Reign: The List - X-Men, Dark X-Men #1-5)
    NECROSHA X
    SECOND COMING
    X-Men: The Heroic Age Omnibus (UXM #526-543+534.1+Ann#3, Heroic Age: X-Men, Generation Hope #1-9, New Mutants #15-21 / 25-32, Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Annual #1, Namor Annual #1)
    Schism & Regenesis OHC (Schism Prelude #1-4, UXM #544, Schism #1-5, Regenesis, UXM vol.2 #1-10, Generation Hope #12-17, New Mutants #33-41, X-Club #1-5, Magneto: Not A Hero #1-4)
    Final OHC to gather the remainder of NM, post-Carey XM:L & Majorie Liu's Astonishing X-Men (New Mutants #42-50, Exiled #1, JITM #637-638, XM:L #260.1-275, AXM 48-59+Ann / 62-68)

Very aware Manifest Destiny & Regenesis proposals don't quite hold ALL the material, but it focuses on material that wouldn't naturally be captured elsewhere, e.g. future X-Factor Omnibus, future XM: Legacy by Carey Omnibus, existing Wolverine by Aaron Omnibus.

Ahhhhhh, a fan can dream!
    I agree, this material is amongst my most-wanted omnibus books!

I'm not sure I'd go with the all-in method like you have here. Some of the books get pretty disparate at points and don't especially make a good read ganged together (Astonishing, New Mutants, Young X-Men) while others would sell better all as one run (Carey Legacy), and some stuff just doesn't need this treatment (Prelude to Schism, bleh). Oh, plus - since Necrosha wasn't a direct crossover, its issues can easily be dispersed to their respective books.

I could see it going something like this, which tends to group like-with-like a bit more. I think I've left out a few little mini-things and one-shots (Serve and Protect, for sure), but otherwise this would be a mega-solid collection of the core threads of the period.

New Mutants: Regenesis
    (-nfernus #1-4, New Mutants #1-11, 15-21, 25-50, Exiled #1, JITM #637-638. Age of X doesn't really have too much impact on this title compared to Legacy and Carey wrote all of the crossover issues, so it's better there. Plus, X-Infernus is a good prologue and explains why Magik is there)

Uncanny X-Men: Endangered Species (I could also see the argument for splitting this into "Manifest Destiny" vs. "by Matt Fraction")
    (UXM #487-491 & 495-512 + Annual 2 + All of Endangered Species (about 6 effective issues) and Messiah Complex (13 issues), plus material from Divided We Stand (2008) #1-2, X-Men: Manifest Destiny (2008) #1-5, FCBD, Nightcrawler #1, Eternals #7-9, Runaways #10)

Uncanny X-Men: Second Coming
    (Basically, Utopia (364 pages) + Nation X (360 pages) + Second Coming (392 pages) + Second Coming: Revelations (208 pages) = 1324 pages, which is still a hair under Marvel's biggest omni, and would be a massively satisfying read.)

Uncanny X-Men by Kieron Gillen (let's lean into his hotness with fans at the moment, eh?)
    (UXM #526-544, 534.1 & Ann3, UXM #1-20, Heroic Age: X-Men, X-Men: Regenesis, Generation Hope #1-12, Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Annual 1, Namor Annual 1. I'm not sure you could squeeze in AvX: Consequences. You don't actually need Schism to understand what's happening here, especially with the GenHope Schism issues.)

Wolverine by Jason Aaron Vol. 2
    (Wolverine (2010) #1-20, 5.1, & 300-304, plus Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #1-6, X-Men: Schism #1-5 (bonus that's not in the complete collections!), and material from Wolverine: Road to Hell)

X-Force by Kyle & Yost
    (Just the pair of X-Force OHCs + X-Force Necrosha material; easy)

X-Men by Mike Carey, Vol. 1
    (X-Men #188-204 & Annual 1, Secret Invasion: X-Men #1-4, X-Men Legacy #208-225, Wolverine: Origins #28-30, X-Men Original Sin, and maybe material from X-Men: Pixies and Demons - Director's Cut (2008), X-Men: Divided We Stand (2008) #1-2, and X-Men: Manifest Destiny (2008) #1-5. Most X-books break best around Second Coming, but this book has a better break with Rogue gaining control of her powers.)

X-Men by Mike Carey, Vol. 2
    (#226-234, 238-260, Giant-Size X-Men Legacy, Age of X: Alpha, New Mutants #22-24, and Age of X: Universe #1-2 - yes, I'd include the pair of Utopia issues and the Necrosha issues, they work fine on their own. We could also pad this with X-Men Origins: Beast (2008), X-Men Origins: Gambit (2009), Wolverine: Firebreak (2008), and X-Men: No More Humans OHC)

X-Men: Regenesis OHC
    (X-Club #1-4, Magneto: Not a Hero #1-4, Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha & Omega #1-5, Generation X #13-17 - you could even include the garbage dump of Prelude to Schism #1-4, if you're feeling malicious, and also Pixie Strikes Back #1-4, Psylocke #1-4, and any other Heroic>AvX era minis or one-shots I'm forgetting just for solid coverage of the period.)

PS: I'll be back with a more refined look at this plus A LOT MORE X-Men omni suggestions later this week, so no need to hurry up and vote
    Last edited by krisis; 04-24-2017 at 08:09 AM.

X-Men by Carey Omnibuses need to happen ASAP. Honestly, I'm way more excited for this run to be collected in this format than Fraction's.

I would like to see some omni's from certain characters that haven't been shown much love...as opposed to another X-Men or Captain America omni. Where is the original Ghost Rider series from the 70s? The original Iron Fist run? Silver Surfer volume 2. A What If? omni. Heck..flesh out the Ultimate Universe more.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    X-Men by Carey Omnibuses need to happen ASAP. Honestly, I'm way more excited for this run to be collected in this format than Fraction's.
    I think in my hierarchy of X-needs I have Gillen > Carey > Fraction. The lack of Gillen OHC drives me crazy because WatX is omni'd and the Gillen run was SO HIGH QUALITY. Carey is just a great "sit down and read it" long run, it would work well in omni. Fraction's run is kind of a mess to try to contain - that mapping is the best I've ever worked it out, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I would like to see some omni's from certain characters that haven't been shown much love...as opposed to another X-Men or Captain America omni. Where is the original Ghost Rider series from the 70s? The original Iron Fist run? Silver Surfer volume 2. A What If? omni. Heck..flesh out the Ultimate Universe more.
    I think the lack of Ghost Rider 70s color reprints is one of the most egregious gaps in all of Marvel reprints.

Doh! A What If? omni would be AMAZING! And I already voted. Dang!

While this would never happen, I would really like to see the Marvel Saga series put in an omni, although it's probably all 'wrong' now due to a dozen retcons since then. Still, those were great books on learning Marvel History from when I was a kid. In the same vein, I'd love to see Gruenwald's Official Handbook Deluxe edition make it to the modern formats, either omni, or TPB, I don't care. But again, due to this material being crazy outdated now, this will probably never happen. But it's still a great snapshot in time of what the MU looked like.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Yes, these were excellent, underrated issues. You're right - William Johnson drew some of the DD issues prior to #200, and had also done some of the issues at the tail end of the Master of Kung Fu series. I also voted for this DD Omni - hopefully it makes the cut; I'd like to see this at some point in the next several years, especially since most of the issues have never been reprinted anywhere.

And, I agree, #219 probably wouldn't be included here.

It's also worth noting that most of the DD comics after the iconic Frank Miller "Born Again" series (i.e., #234-380) have also never been reprinted - other than in some Trades & a couple of Epics here in there. It would be nice to see all of these Classic DD issues reprinted. They've largely been ignored for some reason:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/daredevil/5
    A few years ago, I ended up purchasing all the single Daredevil issues that were missing between my various collected editions and those single issues I initially bought in the early 80s.

In time, those never reprinted issues will be covered by Epic Collections and Marvel Masterworks and hopefully an Omnibus or two. I hope we'll still be around to see them

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The original Iron Fist issues covered in the Marvel Masterworks will be in my Top 10 Omnibus list. That'll be another nomination as I don't remember it making in to the Top 50 most wanted Omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    They're in the X-Cutioner's Song OHC.
    Thanks enguarde22!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I agree, this material is amongst my most-wanted omnibus books!

I'm not sure I'd go with the all-in method like you have here. Some of the books get pretty disparate at points and don't especially make a good read ganged together (Astonishing, New Mutants, Young X-Men) while others would sell better all as one run (Carey Legacy), and some stuff just doesn't need this treatment (Prelude to Schism, bleh). Oh, plus - since Necrosha wasn't a direct crossover, its issues can easily be dispersed to their respective books.

I could see it going something like this, which tends to group like-with-like a bit more. I think I've left out a few little mini-things and one-shots (Serve and Protect, for sure), but otherwise this would be a mega-solid collection of the core threads of the period.

New Mutants: Regenesis
    (-nfernus #1-4, New Mutants #1-11, 15-21, 25-50, Exiled #1, JITM #637-638. Age of X doesn't really have too much impact on this title compared to Legacy and Carey wrote all of the crossover issues, so it's better there. Plus, X-Infernus is a good prologue and explains why Magik is there)

Uncanny X-Men: Endangered Species (I could also see the argument for splitting this into "Manifest Destiny" vs. "by Matt Fraction")
    (UXM #487-491 & 495-512 + Annual 2 + All of Endangered Species (about 6 effective issues) and Messiah Complex (13 issues), plus material from Divided We Stand (2008) #1-2, X-Men: Manifest Destiny (2008) #1-5, FCBD, Nightcrawler #1, Eternals #7-9, Runaways #10)

Uncanny X-Men: Second Coming
    (Basically, Utopia (364 pages) + Nation X (360 pages) + Second Coming (392 pages) + Second Coming: Revelations (208 pages) = 1324 pages, which is still a hair under Marvel's biggest omni, and would be a massively satisfying read.)

Uncanny X-Men by Kieron Gillen (let's lean into his hotness with fans at the moment, eh?)
    (UXM #526-544, 534.1 & Ann3, UXM #1-20, Heroic Age: X-Men, X-Men: Regenesis, Generation Hope #1-12, Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Annual 1, Namor Annual 1. I'm not sure you could squeeze in AvX: Consequences. You don't actually need Schism to understand what's happening here, especially with the GenHope Schism issues.)

Wolverine by Jason Aaron Vol. 2
    (Wolverine (2010) #1-20, 5.1, & 300-304, plus Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #1-6, X-Men: Schism #1-5 (bonus that's not in the complete collections!), and material from Wolverine: Road to Hell)

X-Force by Kyle & Yost
    (Just the pair of X-Force OHCs + X-Force Necrosha material; easy)

X-Men by Mike Carey, Vol. 1
    (X-Men #188-204 & Annual 1, Secret Invasion: X-Men #1-4, X-Men Legacy #208-225, Wolverine: Origins #28-30, X-Men Original Sin, and maybe material from X-Men: Pixies and Demons - Director's Cut (2008), X-Men: Divided We Stand (2008) #1-2, and X-Men: Manifest Destiny (2008) #1-5. Most X-books break best around Second Coming, but this book has a better break with Rogue gaining control of her powers.)

X-Men by Mike Carey, Vol. 2
    (#226-234, 238-260, Giant-Size X-Men Legacy, Age of X: Alpha, New Mutants #22-24, and Age of X: Universe #1-2 - yes, I'd include the pair of Utopia issues and the Necrosha issues, they work fine on their own. We could also pad this with X-Men Origins: Beast (2008), X-Men Origins: Gambit (2009), Wolverine: Firebreak (2008), and X-Men: No More Humans OHC)

X-Men: Regenesis OHC
    (X-Club #1-4, Magneto: Not a Hero #1-4, Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha & Omega #1-5, Generation X #13-17 - you could even include the garbage dump of Prelude to Schism #1-4, if you're feeling malicious, and also Pixie Strikes Back #1-4, Psylocke #1-4, and any other Heroic>AvX era minis or one-shots I'm forgetting just for solid coverage of the period.)

PS: I'll be back with a more refined look at this plus A LOT MORE X-Men omni suggestions later this week, so no need to hurry up and vote
    While who knows if Marvel would ever consider collecting this stuff in omnis, you really should email this to Jeph and Cory in the collections department or make sure they see it on the masterworks forum. Just tell them to file it under "helpful possible future omnibus mapping strategies."

Looking for opinions. I'm thinking of adding one of the following two omnis to an upcoming order. I've never read either of them, so, which do people like more, Age of Apocalypse or Onslaught?