Page 275 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1752252652712722732742752762772782792853253757751275 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Excellent! Thanks for the info, so I could probably skip the GOTG omni and just get War of Kings which will give me an OK stopping point?
    Totally up to you and what you're looking for. There seems to be some divergence from what Wikipedia lists as part of the War of Kings and Realm of Kings events, and what's actually collected in the omnis/OHCs. Right now, the GotG omni is listed as containing issues 1-25, plus The Thanos Imperative: Ignition, #1-6, and Devastation (the complete miniseries, basically), and the Rocket Raccoon/Groot backups from the two Annihilators minis. The War Of Kings omni is set to collect GotG #13-19 (I guess issues 7-12 are considered prologue? I really don't know), and the Realm of Kings OHC appears to not collect any GotG issues.

So if you get both, it appears that you're only double-dipping on GotG #13-19. GotG #7-12 is listed on Wikipedia as part of War of Kings, and issues 20-24 as part of Realm of Kings, but those issues don't appear to be in the WoK omnibus or the RoK OHC. So maybe they're ancillary to the main story, I really couldn't say.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Excellent! Thanks for the info, so I could probably skip the GOTG omni and just get War of Kings which will give me an OK stopping point?
    You'd be missing more than half of the Guardians book, and I'm not sure how much sense everything would make. Plus the GotG Omni has Thanos Imperative included.
    Cyclops was right

I'm growing very tempted to pick up some of the recent Epic Collections despite my "hardcover only" policy. I fear what this might do to my reading pile (mountain)...

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I'm growing very tempted to pick up some of the recent Epic Collections despite my "hardcover only" policy. I fear what this might do to my reading pile (mountain)...
    I'm finding myself enjoying them more and more. They are *much* easier to handle, I don't worry nearly as much about damaging them. The release schedule is manageable. Most of the runs I've never read, *and* they look great on a shelf.

Just can't shake the feeling that Marvel is going to abandon the "complete lines" philosophy for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I'm finding myself enjoying them more and more. They are *much* easier to handle, I don't worry nearly as much about damaging them. The release schedule is manageable. Most of the runs I've never read, *and* they look great on a shelf.

Just can't shake the feeling that Marvel is going to abandon the "complete lines" philosophy for something different.
    I think it's a given that they will abandon the line. Or that's what I assume to avoid disappointment and just take what they release as all I can expect. No complaints from me though, two Moon Knight's and Iron Fist!

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Hi Flicker Fade and many, many thanks for your post and pictures! As PM is not yet available for you yet, I would like to ask you here the permission to use your pictures on my blog, as I will soon receive the new print of this companion, and I want to make a detailed article about it, pointing these differences with the original print that I don't own.
    Hi! Yes you are very welcome to use the pictures. I love your blog! It's your fault I own so many Absolute editions, haha. Just a few weeks ago I had the oversized League of Extraordinary Gentlemen omnibus in my collection, then I made the mistake of looking at the pictures of the Absolutes on your blog, and then I owned them instead.

I have higher quality versions of the photos. Here are links (if these don't work I may not be allowed to post links yet):

Photo 1
    Photo 2
    Photo 3

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I'm holding strong but the struggle is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Do they? From what I've seen they look OK but Omnis look much better no?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I'm holding strong but the struggle is real.

Do they? From what I've seen they look OK but Omnis look much better no?

Everyone's OCD is a little different. The Omni spines are no longer uniform in color or design so it irks me. There are misalignment in the Epics, but they are overall much more uniform than the Omnis.

I think the DNA GotG ongoing was a really good read, read it twice a few years ago and loved the team and their dynamic. It's not exactly like the movie, a bit heavier and less jokey but you can see where they took their ideas in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Finally picking up Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus for reading.
    Bought it most for nostalgic reasons but its turning out to be quite fun to read!
    Any news on a new omnibus containing "Infinity War" and "Infinity Crusade" ?
    I haven't read anywhere but since all cosmic events are getting omnibus releases and the Avengers movie has the Infinity war title I think it will be a matter of "when" instead of "will it be a release" ...
    Why would an Omnibus collect two different crossovers? Infinity War itself has enough content for two omnibuses.

Spectacular Member

How much of the Nova series is tied into these cosmic events, and how much actually made it to Omni? I was wondering if there is enough left for potential omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Hi! Yes you are very welcome to use the pictures. I love your blog! It's your fault I own so many Absolute editions, haha. Just a few weeks ago I had the oversized League of Extraordinary Gentlemen omnibus in my collection, then I made the mistake of looking at the pictures of the Absolutes on your blog, and then I owned them instead.

I have higher quality versions of the photos. Here are links (if these don't work I may not be allowed to post links yet):

Photo 1
    Photo 2
    Photo 3
    The links work just fine, many thanks for that (and the kind words!). Now I just have to wait for my own copy of this second print.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I managed to read the first issue i.e. Silver Surfer #34 before thinking that it would be an even better idea for me to first read the Silver Surfer Omnibus. So right now, I’m reading the latter and absolutely loving it. I’ve read the first four lengthy issues (each about 38-40 pages long), and I’m having a blast. I’m really enjoying Stan Lee’s (wordy) writing and the art by John Buscema just shines from the pages. It is glued so it’s slightly tight but the pages are wonderfully thick and the colours are extremely vibrant and having that faux leather in your hands is the bee’s knees
    i absolutely love the silver surfer omnibus, like you said, buscema's art shines. i might have to pull it out this weekend to admire it some more. chees Raffi!
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    How much of the Nova series is tied into these cosmic events, and how much actually made it to Omni? I was wondering if there is enough left for potential omnibus.
    So far, the first 12 issues and the Annual of the DnA Nova series have been collected in the Annihilation: Conquest Omnibus and #'s 23 to 28 will be in the War of Kings Omnibus. If there is a Nova omnibus, it would almost certainly include the War of King tie ins as that only represents a relatively small overlap. It's #s 1 to 12 that might cause some issues, because if they include it, it's a pretty significant doubling up, but if they don't, the book would start off a third of the way in it's run.

Spectacular Member

Friends,

I bought my first house! In addition to filling it with children and singing, I am excited to finally create enough shelf space for my comic collected editions.

I know everyone was bummed when IKEA discontinued Expedit, but did Kallax turn out to be a worthy replacement? Also, to anyone who can tell such things, how is the wood quality on Kallax? Is it possible I could commission a friend to build me something with better wood at around the same price?

Finally, this is beyond the scope of this board, but I figure someone here has put a lot of thought into CD shelving as well as comics. I am intimidated by all the options on Amazon and would greatly appreciate a simple link or PM pointing me in the direction of the "collector's choice" - if there is anything like Expedit (in terms of popularity) for CD's. (I know Expedit itself is great for LP's, but I also have a lot of CD's.)

Thanks!