Page 1025 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 255259259751015102110221023102410251026102710281029103510751125 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,375 of 20730
    Spectacular Member

Man. I was expecting a sell-out within the week or so, not 24 hours :/

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Man. I was expecting a sell-out within the week or so, not 24 hours :/
    Same, lol. I was going to buy a copy from IST, but no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I can almost guarantee you scalpers are driving a lot of the sell-throughs. An eBay search that shows the same seller moving 8+ copies at double or triple what they paid is pretty easy to find.
    Are you saying people were actually buying off that guy at that price? That's insane if they are. You can still get it for slightly below cover price via Amazon, which is what I'm going to do. It's a shipping risk, but hey. Last time I ordered a couple omnis from Jeff Bezos they surprisingly came in OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    If you print N copies and it sells out, that tells you there were N customers (+ scalpers). It doesn't tell you how big a second print run needs to be. For expensive volumes to print, it makes more sense to wait and see if there's a big aftermarket demand, which would allow them to guess at the size of the second print run
    Ideally with the quick sellout of DD Bendis vols 1 AND 2, and now Uncanny X-Force, hopefully the powers that be are watching, and modifying their print runs for future books. I mean, Black Widow, probably fine, but Infinity Gauntlet, all the various X-related books and reprints, they should make more of those. It's like printing money. I'd hate for myself and many others to be shorted of Uncanny vols 2-4 because of low print runs. if that happens, I might have to rethink my omnibus collection. I doubt it'll come to that, though.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Amazing Member

Wow it hadn't occurred to me that Uncanny X-Men omnibus 4 might not actually contain the whole run that goes into Mutant Massacre. Are they actually going to split it into two (mid size I'm guessing) omnis instead?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Is it confirmed to be coming out this year, or is there a possibility of it coming early next year?

I'd imagine they wouldn't release it until the UXM3 reprint, and if the UXM2 reprint comes in September, I feel like we won't get 3 until the very end of the year.
    By the way Manymade1, who is the artist of your avatar? Looks great and I'm guessing something from the post 2000 era (the era I'm least familiar with as a fan of classic comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    By the way Manymade1, who is the artist of your avatar? Looks great and I'm guessing something from the post 2000 era (the era I'm least familiar with as a fan of classic comics).
    Veronica O'Connell.

Spectacular Member

Wow it hadn't occurred to me that Uncanny X-Men omnibus 4 might not actually contain the whole run that goes into Mutant Massacre. Are they actually going to split it into two (mid size I'm guessing) omnis instead?
    I believe they have no other option but to split the remaining run in two. When looking at the UXM MMWs to inform what the v4 omnibus contents will likely be, there are several noteworthy observations to make:

1. How many MMWs comprised each prior UXM omnibus volume?
    a. UXM Omnibus v1 (848 pgs) = 4 MMWs (due to much shorter individual page counts)
    b. UXM Omnibus v2 (912 pgs) = ~2.5 MMWs
    c. UXM Omnibus v3 (1056 pgs) = ~2.5 MMWs

2. Marvel awaited the publication of UXM MMW v10, v11, and v12 presumably in order to have sufficient restored content for omnibus v4.

3. The total page count of UXM MMWs 10 thru 12 is 1400 pages. Even when you subtract approximately 100 pages for Magik (included in MMW v10 but already printed in UXM Omnibus v3), that's still well beyond the typical page count for the preceding three UXM omnis (see #1 above). This implies that omnibus v4 will likely not include all the contents of MMW v12.

4. There remains a gap of at least one MMW's worth of content between the end of MMW v12 and the start of Mutant Massacre Omni. Marvel will likely await the restoration of this material in MMW before including it in a hypothetical v5 omnibus, and the alternative of collecting this span in addition to MMWs 10 thru 12 (~1300 pages already) would easily make omnibus v4 a record-setting page count among all Marvel omnis.

Posted by garuda over at the MMWFS:

Marvel June Solicitations advance preview from Omar:

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 HC (New Printing) - October 2020

Marvel Horror Lives Again Omnibus HC - collects Tomb of Dracula (1972) #10 & 67, Fear (1970) #24, Marvel Preview (1975) #3, Incredible Hulk (1968) #162, 180-181 & 172, Uncanny X-Men (1963) #139-140 & Annual #6, Marvel Spotlight (1971) #24, Marvel Premiere (1972) #27, Marvel Team-Up (1972) #80-81, Giant-Size Chillers (1974) #1, War Is Hell (1973) #9-15, Man-Thing (1979) #10-11, Marvel Presents (1975) #1-2 and material from Vampire Tales (1973) #2, 4-6, 8-9, Marvel Preview (1975) #7-8, 12 & 16, Monsters Unleashed (1973) #9, Haunt of Horror (1973) #2, 4-5, Dracula Lives! (1973) #10-11, Tomb of Dracula Magazine (1979) #3 & 5-6, Solo Avengers (1987) #5, The Rampaging Hulk Magazine (1977) #1-6 & 8, Strange Tales (1951) #73, Legion of Monsters (1975) #1.

It's all of the key appearances of Blade, Lilith, the Wendigo, Satana, Death and Ulysses Bloodstone.

The Eternals by Jack Kirby Monster-Size HC - collects The Eternals (1976) #1–19, Annual #1 .

Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1 HC - contents being held back as they're being revised. They'll change from being creator-centric to a full series collection.

Conan The Barbarian Omnibus by Kurt Busiek HC - collects Conan (2004) #0-28, 32, 39 & 45-46 and Conan: Book of Thoth (2006) #1-4. So it's a different map to Dark Horse's Colossal Conan and most likely a different size too.

Conan the Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 5 HC - collects Conan the Barbarian (1970) #116-149 & Annuals #6-9, Marvel Graphic Novel: Conan of the Isles (1988) OGN and What If? (1977) #39.

Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol. 2 HC collects Incredible Hulk (1968) #369-400 & Annuals #16-18, X-Factor (1986) #76 and material from Marvel Holiday Special (1992) #2.

Infinity Crusade Omnibus HC collects Infinity Crusade (1993) #1-6, Warlock Chronicles (1993) #1-5, Warlock and the Infinity Watch (1992) #18-22, Thor (1966) #463-467, Iron Man (1968) #294-295, Avengers West Coast (1985) #96-97, Darkhawk (1991) #30-31, Cage (1992) #17, Alpha Flight (1983) #124-125 & 127, Marc Spector: Moon Knight (1989) #57, Silver Surfer (1987) #83-85, Deathlok (1991) #28 and material from Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme (1988) #54-56, Alpha Flight (1983) #122-123, Web of Spider-Man (1985) #104-106, Silver Sable & The Wild Pack (1992) #16-17 and Deathlok (1991) #29.

September/October Masterworks:

Marvel Masterworks: Marvel Two-In-One Vol. 5 HC collecting Marvel Two-In-One (1974) #47-60 and Annual #4.

Marvel Masterworks: Ghost Rider Vol. 2 HC collecting Ghost Rider (1973) #6-20, Marvel Two-In-One (1974) #8 and Daredevil (1964) #138.

Deadpool: Hey It's Deadpool Marvel Select HC - same contents as Deadpool Classic Vol. 1 TPB

Eternals Poster Book TPB

The Eternals by Jack Kirby: The Complete Collection TPB

Dawn of X: Nation Building Vol. 1 TPB collecting Marauders #7, Excalibur #7, X-Force #7 & Wolverine #1.

Dawn of X: Nation Building Vol. 2 TPB collecting Marauders #8, New Mutants #7, Giant-Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost, X-Force #8, X-Men #7 & Excalibur #8.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Posted by garuda over at the MMWFS:
    Why are issues being skipped for the Busiek omnibus? Also, is the eternals omnibus still being released?

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Why are issues being skipped for the Busiek omnibus?
    Busiek didn't write those.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Also, is the eternals omnibus still being released?
    Yep.

Spectacular Member

Busiek didn't write those.

Yep.
    Interesting. I already have the four epics that have been released so far so I’ll probably skip this then. Thanks for confirming the eternals omni as well.

Amazing Member

Thank you for sharing! She does great art.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    I believe they have no other option but to split the remaining run in two. When looking at the UXM MMWs to inform what the v4 omnibus contents will likely be, there are several noteworthy observations to make:

1. How many MMWs comprised each prior UXM omnibus volume?
    a. UXM Omnibus v1 (848 pgs) = 4 MMWs (due to much shorter individual page counts)
    b. UXM Omnibus v2 (912 pgs) = ~2.5 MMWs
    c. UXM Omnibus v3 (1056 pgs) = ~2.5 MMWs

2. Marvel awaited the publication of UXM MMW v10, v11, and v12 presumably in order to have sufficient restored content for omnibus v4.

3. The total page count of UXM MMWs 10 thru 12 is 1400 pages. Even when you subtract approximately 100 pages for Magik (included in MMW v10 but already printed in UXM Omnibus v3), that's still well beyond the typical page count for the preceding three UXM omnis (see #1 above). This implies that omnibus v4 will likely not include all the contents of MMW v12.

4. There remains a gap of at least one MMW's worth of content between the end of MMW v12 and the start of Mutant Massacre Omni. Marvel will likely await the restoration of this material in MMW before including it in a hypothetical v5 omnibus, and the alternative of collecting this span in addition to MMWs 10 thru 12 (~1300 pages already) would easily make omnibus v4 a record-setting page count among all Marvel omnis.
    Maybe a silly question, but I'm a new member so forgive me, are you connected to Near Mint Condition Youtube channel?

Thank you for that incredible indepth explanation and theory as to what may happen. That makes a lot of sense. So I guess after MMW 13 comes out they can map out Uncanny X-Men 5 (presumably 2021/2022 I guess).

With the apparently great sales to Amazing Spider-Man omnibus 4 (I base this on the numbers in this thread). Do you think Marvel will be looking at going over the Mutant Massacre omni with a continuation of the numbered entries rather than reprints for Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants etc? I was thinking about this because they did that to the Dark Phoenix omni while back by fitting the omni content into the main numbered line. If sales for all the reprints and volume 4 are as strong as I expect they will be in this day and age, I was thinking that such a continuation might make sense for Marvel (makes reading order easier for people as well).

Mighty Member

Maybe a silly question, but I'm a new member so forgive me, are you connected to Near Mint Condition Youtube channel?

Thank you for that incredible indepth explanation and theory as to what may happen. That makes a lot of sense. So I guess after MMW 13 comes out they can map out Uncanny X-Men 5 (presumably 2021/2022 I guess).

With the apparently great sales to Amazing Spider-Man omnibus 4 (I base this on the numbers in this thread). Do you think Marvel will be looking at going over the Mutant Massacre omni with a continuation of the numbered entries rather than reprints for Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants etc? I was thinking about this because they did that to the Dark Phoenix omni while back by fitting the omni content into the main numbered line. If sales for all the reprints and volume 4 are as strong as I expect they will be in this day and age, I was thinking that such a continuation might make sense for Marvel (makes reading order easier for people as well).
    There's no evidence yet that they'll double-dip with the event stuff (which is not to say they can't change their philosophy on this). X-Force omnibus v1 is bracketed by X-Tinction Agenda and X-Cutioner's Song, for example. The Dark Phoenix omni was, like the Venom omnis, about capitalizing on story/character popularity, and not meant to fit into the sequential omnis on your shelf. I assume UXM v5 will end with X-Factor 8 and Uncanny 209 (are those the right issues before MM?), but who knows?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

The Dark Phoenix Omni was released after the UXM Vol 2, so saying it was fit into the numbered volumes is incorrect. I agree with bob.schoonover above that it was more about the character promotion based on the movie release. I also think the event omnis and ohcs will stand on their own going forward and not replaced by numbered volumes. The Original massacre ohc was released very early in Marvels development of the format and they had no idea how big it would become. After the format became established and they started fitting in all the other volumes around it they probably realized they needed to expand the content to complete the unbroken run of X family in the format more efficiently. If they intended to overwrite the event books with numbered volumes I think they would have just waited until they got to the theoretical volume 6 to rerelease massacre in omnibus as they had no real reason to “rush” it out before the preceding volumes. I also think that the UXM volume numbers would become less relevant as you hit the cross over period due to the large amount of cross overs required for a comprehensive/cohesive reading experience. In the cross over era it really is about the X family of books more so than just UXM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?