Page 1376 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 376876127613261366137213731374137513761377137813791380 ... LastLast
Results 20,626 to 20,640 of 20773
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I assume the thinking is that without knowing how many issues MacKay will write of VoMK, it’s impossible to know if it’ll be long enough to justify an omni, potentially stranding the end of his run. If he were only writing, like, nine issues, it might’ve made more sense to hold off on this omni and include the VoMK issues.

(Of course, if he stays on that book for a while, it’s a moot point.)
    Yes, this exactly. Under 15 issues of VoMK and the most likely scenarios would be (a) orphaned issues not in OHC format or (b) expanded omnibus out a few years later.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    I'm not collecting to this section of books but I know there are plenty that will be stoked for this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Coming in December 2024

spoilers:
    STAR WARS LEGENDS: THE EMPIRE OMNIBUS VOLUME 3

collecting: Star Wars: Jabba the Hutt - The Gaar Suppoon Hit (1995) #1, Star Wars: Jabba the Hutt -The Hunger of Princess Nampi (1995) #1, Star Wars: Jabba the Hutt - The Dynasty Trap (1995) #1, Star Wars: Jabba the Hutt - Betrayal (1996) #1, Free Comic Book Day 2012: Star Wars, Star Wars: Boba Fett – Enemy of the Empire (1999) #1-4, Star Wars: Agent of the Empire - Iron Eclipse (2011) #1-5, Star Wars: Agent of the Empire - Hard Targets (2012) #1-5, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008), Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (2010), Star Wars: Blood Ties (2010) #1-4; Star Wars: Blood Ties - Boba Fett Is Dead (2012) #1-4, Star Wars: Empire (2022) #1-4; material from Star War Tales (1999) #7, 11, 15-16, & 18-20 and A Decade of Dark Horse (1996)#2.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Pass on both for me. Not a big fan of either period.

Money saved as I am actively trying to forget that both of these storylines ever existed.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Mighty Member

As a person spending way too much on omnis in the first part of this year, I guess I'm happy I'm spending nothing so far (as near as I can remember) in the latter half.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    As a person spending way too much on omnis in the first part of this year, I guess I'm happy I'm spending nothing so far (as near as I can remember) in the latter half.
    You're not getting Danny Ketch Ghost Rider?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    You're not getting Danny Ketch Ghost Rider?
    I'm not a Ghost Rider guy, no. Never got into the character

I've got the OHC of the Wolverine event. Is that additional material worthy or needed for the story?
    The other is a pass unless it gets to that wildly crazy IST markdown of like 70% that Power Pack and Excalibur got to last year.

Astonishing Member

Coming in December 2024

spoilers:
    X-MEN: DECIMATION OMNIUBS
    Collecting House of M (2005) #8, Mutopia X (2005) #5, Decimation: House of M - The Day After (2005), X-Men (1991) #177-179, New X-Men (2004) #20-24, X-Factor (2005) #1-4, Generation M (2005) #1-5, Son of M (2005) #1-6, X-Men: The 198 (2006) #1-5, Sentinel Squad O*N*E (2006) #1-5, New Avengers (2004) #16-20, X-Men Unlimited (2004) #13, X-Men: The 198 Files (2006)
    end of spoilers

and coming in November 2024

spoilers:
    DEATH OF WOVLERINE OMNIUBS
    Collecting Wolverine (2013) #1-13, Wolverine (2014) #1-12, Wolverine Annual (2014) #1, Marvel 75th Anniversary Celebration (2014) #1 (Wolverine story), Death of Wolverine (2014) #1-4, Death of Wolverine: The Weapon X Program (2014) #1-5, Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy (2014) #1-7, Death of Wolverine: Deadpool & Captain America (2014) #1, Death of Wolverine: Life After Logan (2014) #1, Nightcrawler (2014) #7, Wolverine & The X-Men (2014) #10-11, Storm (2014) #4-5
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Any chance we'll see a Strange Academy omnibus?

Also, to those that pay attention to these kind of trends... Marvel is releasing Waid's Dr. Strange run in two thick trades. Is that kind of thing usually a prelude to an omnibus or an indication that this is the best it's going to get? That run didn't set the world on fire, as I recall; but I'd really liked it. Wondering if I should pick up the trades. Same with Edmondson and Thompson's Black Widow runs coming out in a thick trades; don't think there will be hardcovers of those.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Any chance we'll see a Strange Academy omnibus?

Also, to those that pay attention to these kind of trends... Marvel is releasing Waid's Dr. Strange run in two thick trades. Is that kind of thing usually a prelude to an omnibus or an indication that this is the best it's going to get? That run didn't set the world on fire, as I recall; but I'd really liked it. Wondering if I should pick up the trades. Same with Edmondson and Thompson's Black Widow runs coming out in a thick trades; don't think there will be hardcovers of those.
    If past solicits are indicators then I feel the thick TPB or Complete Collection(whatever the next term will be) signals there is not likely to be an Omnibus.
    Example: Daniel Way Ghost Rider - that is 19 issues and could've been a small Omnibus if they were so inclined to label it as such, they have before for issues of that exact size.
    Example: Machine Man at 19 issues
    Example: Marvels The Monster of Frankenstein - 22 issues + some other material "from"
    Example: Son of Satan Classic - 24 issues
    Example: Man-Wolf the CC - 20 issues + some material "from"
    I own all these because it does not seem an Omni is forthcoming and Omni is my preferred format. Some 80% of my collected collections are Omnis.
    You already mention the Edmondson and Thompson BW runs which I'm going to get for the same reason, I don't think there will be Omnis.

I'm waiting for something like the Moon Knight by Lemire, MK by Bendis and MK by Bemis Complete Collections to all be gathered into one large Omni to break the cycle and prove me wrong. MK has been selling well in Omni format the last few years and if those CCs were placed into an Omni then ALL of Moon Knights runs and most minis and cross overs would be in Omni format.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If past solicits are indicators then I feel the thick TPB or Complete Collection (whatever the next term will be) signals there is not likely to be an Omnibus.
    Example: Daniel Way Ghost Rider - that is 19 issues and could've been a small Omnibus if they were so inclined to label it as such, they have before for issues of that exact size.
    Example: Machine Man at 19 issues
    Example: Marvels The Monster of Frankenstein - 22 issues + some other material "from"
    Example: Son of Satan Classic - 24 issues
    Example: Man-Wolf the CC - 20 issues + some material "from"
    I own all these because it does not seem an Omni is forthcoming and Omni is my preferred format. Some 80% of my collected collections are Omnis.
    You already mention the Edmondson and Thompson BW runs which I'm going to get for the same reason, I don't think there will be Omnis.

I'm waiting for something like the Moon Knight by Lemire, MK by Bendis and MK by Bemis Complete Collections to all be gathered into one large Omni to break the cycle and prove me wrong. MK has been selling well in Omni format the last few years and if those CCs were placed into an Omni then ALL of Moon Knights runs and most minis and cross overs would be in Omni format.
    Gotcha, thanks for detailing that. I have the Lemire MK complete collection and am glad to have it separate from the Bendis run

I feel though that Strange Academy could have great crossover appeal, like Runaways all those moons ago. We might see it again in digest format for the manga sections, and then hopefully an omni down the line. Ramos did the art for the whole thing, I believe.