Page 721 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2216216717117177187197207217227237247257317718211221 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,815 of 20754

I don't recall any of those Venom series being all that good. That's mostly the 90s stuff, right? When he was oversaturated? I can be convinced I'm wrong.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

From BOOM's solicitations:

PLANET OF THE APES ARCHIVE VOL. 3: QUEST FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES HC
    *****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR APRIL 2018*****
    Publisher: BOOM! Studios
    Retail Price: $49.99
    Writers: Doug Moench, Paul Dehn
    Artists: Rico Rival, Alfredo P. Alcala
    Cover Artist: Ken Barr
    Experience Marvel Comics’ legendary 1970s Planet of the Apes Magazine with new eyes. Remastered and collected here for the first time, this prestigious hardcover edition chronicles the birth of Caesar and his rise to power. From Paul Dehn (Murder on the Orient Express), Doug Moench (Batman), Rico Rival (House of Mystery), and more!

Btw, did anyone pick up Volume One? Very curious as to how it is.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    VENOMNIBUS VOL. 1 Cover:
    Is this placeholder art? I don't immediately recognize it as being from a particular cover. I had expected them to use the Lethal Protector #1 cover for the Omni.
    Maybe there will be a Direct Market cover?

I reckon a VENOMNIBUS Volume 2 could very well consist of the following:

"Planet of the Symbiotes" (1995) mini-event: "The Amazing Spider-Man Super Special #1"; "Spider-Man Super Special #1"; "Venom Super Special #1"; "The Spectacular Spider-Man Super Special #1", & "Web of Spider-Man Super Special #1" - 5 issues
    "Venom: Sinner Takes All #1-5" (1995) - 5 issues
    "Venom: Along Came A Spider #1-4" (1996) - 4 issues
    "Venom: The Hunted #1-3" (1996) - 3 issues
    "Venom: The Hunger #1-4" (1996) - 4 issues
    "Venom: Tooth & Claw #1-3" (1996) - 3 issues
    "Venom: On Trial #1-3" (1997) - 3 issues
    "Venom: License to Kill #1-3" (1997) - 3 issues
    "Venom: Seed of Darkness Minus One #1" (1997) - 1 issue
    "Venom: The Finale #1-3" (1997) - 3 issues
    "Venom: Sign of the Boss #1-2" (1997) -2 issues

And possibly also include "Avengers: Death Trap - The Vault GN" which was later re-released as "Venom: Death Trap - The Vault". That would give us 36 issues plus a graphic novel plus any other guest appearances.

A possible VENOMNIBUS Volume 3 could be made up of:

"Venom #1-18” (2003) - 18 issues
    "Venom vs. Carnage #1-4" (2004) - 4 issues
    "Venom: Dark Origin #1-5" (2008) - 5 issues

And following all that, the FLASH THOMPSON era could make up a couple of Omnibuses:

"Amazing Spider-Man #654.1" and material from "ASM #654" - 1 issue
    "Venom #1-42, #13.1-13.4, #27.1" (2011) - 47 issues
    "Venom: Space Knight #1-13" (2016) - 13 issues
    PLUS guest appearances such as in Superior Spider-Man.

It's possible I may have missed an issue or two out.
    Good breakdown and it would be nice to get those.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't recall any of those Venom series being all that good. That's mostly the 90s stuff, right? When he was oversaturated? I can be convinced I'm wrong.
    The potential Venom Omnibus vol.2 by @Raffi would be remaining 90s fare, yes.
    The material was hit or miss to be certain by the time you get to the late 90s cause yes Venom was one of those characters Marvel oversaturated(like they do Deadpool now and to a lesser extent Squirrel Girl).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not by me - I also remember finding all those miniseries awful back in the day. And yet I'll probably bite, since I'm supposed to buy all things Spidey. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is this placeholder art? I don't immediately recognize it as being from a particular cover. I had expected them to use the Lethal Protector #1 cover for the Omni.
    Maybe there will be a Direct Market cover?
    That's actually the cover to issue 2 of Lethal Protector.

Incredible Member

I only read two of the minis as a kid, but The Madness and The Enemy Within were bad. Maybe those were just the exceptions to the rule, but if I had to guess...

With Runaways omnibus announced, these are the current OHC's I own since their release that I did not "upgrade" to omnibus since there wasn't really any difference:

Annihilation
    Daredevil by Bendis
    Planet Hulk
    New X-Men (upgrade would be nice for no gutter loss and uncensored manifesto but these have sentimental value)
    Punisher MAX
    Runaways
    Ultimates (upgrade would be nice for no gutter loss)
    Ultimate Spider-man (assuming they ever continue this, which I doubt)

Astonishing Member

The Venomnibus is the most interesting to me from the February solicitations.
    Only read so far Venom:Lethal Protector limited series and the Clone Saga stories of Spider-Man in that Omnibus.
    As a collector of Spider-Man comics that Omnibus will be a must buy to me.

And this from IDW's solicitations:

JIM STARLIN'S MARVEL COSMIC ARTIFACT EDITION

• Jim Starlin (w & a & c)
    • Jim Starlin was one of the driving creative forces at Marvel Comics in the 1970s and ‘80s. His turns on Warlock, Captain Marvel, and others have laid the groundwork for much of the Marvel Universe for decades. This Artifact Edition will include beautiful pages that have been scanned from the original art, including many rare and historical examples. This is definitely a book any Jim Starlin fan will want in their library. (I know I want a copy!)
    • HC • B&W • $125.00 • 144 pages • 12” x 17” • ISBN: 978-1-68405-304-9
    • Featuring art from the first appearances of Thanos and Drax the Destroyer, both created by Starlin!
    • Releasing just before Avengers: Infinity War, which was inspired by Starlin’s storylines!
    • Advance solicited for April release!

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Not by me - I also remember finding all those miniseries awful back in the day. And yet I'll probably bite, since I'm supposed to buy all things Spidey. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The Venomnibus is the most interesting to me from the February solicitations.
    Only read so far Venom:Lethal Protector limited series and the Clone Saga stories of Spider-Man in that Omnibus.
    As a collector of Spider-Man comics that Omnibus will be a must buy to me.
    I'm also a collector of all things Spidey in OHC (with the exception of the 2015 Slott run), but I'm seriously considering giving these Venomnibuses a miss. However, I would absolutely be up for a couple of Flash Thompson Venom Omnibuses. I reckon you guys will also be picking up the Carnage Omnibus right? That's another one I may bypass.

I'm also a collector of all things Spidey in OHC (with the exception of the 2015 Slott run)
    How come? Holding off for a series of Omnibus?

but I'm seriously considering giving these Venomnibuses a miss. However, I would absolutely be up for a couple of Flash Thompson Venom Omnibuses. I reckon you guys will also be picking up the Carnage Omnibus right?
    I'm afraid so. At least it's not nineties Carnage, but I'm a little bummed out that every coming Spidey-related Omni is actually not about him - Venom, Carnage, Morales. I'd rather they filled in the gaps in Amazing, Spectacular, Ultimate and such.

How come? Holding off for a series of Omnibus?
    Yes and no. Bit by bit, I'm slowly getting turned off of Slott's writing and him pushing his lefty politics here and there. Saying that, however, if an Omnibus did materialise, I would most probably pick it up

I'm afraid so. At least it's not nineties Carnage, but I'm a little bummed out that every coming Spidey-related Omni is actually not about him - Venom, Carnage, Morales. I'd rather they filled in the gaps in Amazing, Spectacular, Ultimate and such.
    I'm inclined to agree with you here. However, the Miles Morales Omnibus will be quite good in that USM will be complete in OHC format.

Yes and no. Bit by bit, I'm slowly getting turned off of Slott's writing and him pushing his lefty politics here and there. Saying that, however, if an Omnibus did materialise, I would most probably pick it up
    Oh, I see.

I'm inclined to agree with you here. However, the Miles Morales Omnibus will be quite good in that USM will be complete in OHC format.
    Yeah, that's right, but I've refrained from getting the USM OHCs in the hope that they eventually release the rest of it in Omni form, which I guess is getting more and more unlikely as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    With Runaways omnibus announced, these are the current OHC's I own since their release that I did not "upgrade" to omnibus since there wasn't really any difference:

Annihilation
    Daredevil by Bendis
    Planet Hulk
    New X-Men (upgrade would be nice for no gutter loss and uncensored manifesto but these have sentimental value)
    Punisher MAX
    Runaways
    Ultimates (upgrade would be nice for no gutter loss)
    Ultimate Spider-man (assuming they ever continue this, which I doubt)
    When it comes out Punisher Max Vol.2 will probably have Barracuda Max which wasn't in the original OHCs so you might want to reconsider that one. Also, I agree with you on the USM OHC line - it shifted to being an Omnibus line ages ago and it's too late to start it up again now.

Yeah, that's right, but I've refrained from getting the USM OHCs in the hope that they eventually release the rest of it in Omni form, which I guess is getting more and more unlikely as time goes on.
    I had already purchased the USM Vol. 8-11 OHCs a couple of years ago and Vol. 7 and 12 earlier this year. I was defiantly waiting for a Vol. 2 Omnibus but when I saw the Vol. 6 OHC on a local auction site, I gave in and decided to bid for it and managed to get it at a pretty low price. Vol. 4 and 5, I recently ordered from the amazon.co.uk marketplace for well below cover price but I won't be picking them up for a while as I had them delivered to my brother's in the UK. I really don't see any further USM Omnibuses appearing.

Unfortunately, it looks like the same story regarding a New Avengers Vol. 2 Omnibus and Iron Man by Fraction Vol. 3 OHC

I guess I’m going to treat the Venom omnibus like I do the Clone Saga and stay far away from it. Haha. I would be interested in a Flash Thompson collection.