Page 915 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4158158659059119129139149159169179189199259651015 ... LastLast
Results 13,711 to 13,725 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I was gathering some books today at IST
    But at check out, I was starting too worry they would be discounted more soon and I would lose it,
    but I also did not want to risk losing the DM Captain Marvel Omnibus.
    And so after going back and fourth decided to place the order for the Captain Marvel Omnibus and
    Phil Jimenez Wonder Woman Omnibus, and hold off on other books like Immortal Hulk and Miracle Man.
    I checked back two hours later and saw the books I put back where now discounted more and the
    DM Captain Marvel Omnibus was gone............
    Anytime you place an order on IST, you then receive an extra 2% "loyalty discount" on all orders for the next 7 days. That's why you saw them discounted more after placing your order.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I was gathering some books today at IST
    But at check out, I was starting too worry they would be discounted more soon and I would lose it,
    but I also did not want to risk losing the DM Captain Marvel Omnibus.
    And so after going back and fourth decided to place the order for the Captain Marvel Omnibus and
    Phil Jimenez Wonder Woman Omnibus, and hold off on other books like Immortal Hulk and Miracle Man.
    I checked back two hours later and saw the books I put back where now discounted more and the
    DM Captain Marvel Omnibus was gone............
    The higher discount was most likely the 2% loyalty discount you get after an order. It kicks in immediately and it lasts for 8 days and can be rolled week to week. (Edit: Looks like Oldman Brian beat me to it!)

The Ms. Marvel Omni probably sold through their initial order. I was debating on that one, but decided to pass since I have the Masterworks and I just don't love it enough to double dip.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Can anyone speculate on the contents of these? It's hardcover with cover price of 39.99 USD. Are these the early X-Men stuff before Giant Size X-Men 1?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

What is going on with the recent DM variant cover Omnis selling out so quickly? I understood Conan, but Ms. Marvel?

I bought the DM variant of Thor Omnibus v3 months after it came out...I can’t imagine Captain Marvel is more popular than Thor in the Marvel Universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    What is going on with the recent DM variant cover Omnis selling out so quickly? I understood Conan, but Ms. Marvel?

I bought the DM variant of Thor Omnibus v3 months after it came out...I can’t imagine Captain Marvel is more popular than Thor in the Marvel Universe.
    It could be that IST just sold through their initial order and more stock is on the way. It is also possible Marvel under estimated the interest in the book due to not only movie hype, but she has become much more of a main player in the MU garnering more fan interest. Thor had the benefit of previous volumes to base estimated sales on and because of his popularity was likely printed at a much higher volume than Ms. Marvel.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post

DM's are weird. I mean, you have Thor v3 and Avengers v3 still out in the wild, at pseudo "normal" prices.

I thought Conan was just an anomaly due to some folks clamoring for that material forever, but Ms Marvel does seem odd. Perhaps the overall print run of Ms Marvel is much smaller, therefore the DM (which I would guess is 15-25% of all copies??) woudl be smaller as well. But who knows. Maybe IST just miscalculated and didn't get enough, and they'll get more soon...

And man, I just don't dig Amanda Conner - that regular cover for Ms Marvel is fugly.
    Last edited by Rimmer; 02-13-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The DM cover for ASM vol.4 is going to be brutal.
    I'm not sure where my work calendar will have me that far out but I need to be sitting at my computer 2pm(cst) ready to have my order in by 2:02pm at the latest!!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

What time do books go on sale at IST? I *literally* had today marked on my calendar after missing out on the Conan DM Omni, thought Capt. Marvel were coming up for sale later today, so I was a little miffed to see when I checked this morning that they had already come and gone. After checking ToW and CGN, I just went to eBay and picked up a copy. I'm guessing it's going to be better to preorder on ToW for the others I want. I'd rather give IST my business as I've been faithfully buying from them for several years, but I've mainly been a DC buyer and now trying to scramble for these DM Omnis isn't working out for me.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

New books go on sale at IST every Tuesday at: 3pm Eastern, 2pm Central, 1pm Mountain & 12pm noon Pacific Time and back it up another 4 or so hours for Hawaii.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The DM cover for ASM vol.4 is going to be brutal.
    I'm not sure where my work calendar will have me that far out but I need to be sitting at my computer 2pm(cst) ready to have my order in by 2:02pm at the latest!!!!
    I know I'll prefer the DM variant for this, but has anybody even seen the standard cover yet? If so, I'd really appreciate if someone posted it here.

Amazing Member

New books go on sale at IST every Tuesday at: 3pm Eastern, 2pm Central, 1pm Mountain & 12pm noon Pacific Time and back it up another 4 or so hours for Hawaii.
    Ah, that's the problem, I assumed it was afternoon on the day of release. Thanks for the info!

I hope the DM cover for the Thanos Infinity Origins Omni won't be in short supply like all the other have been recently, but it probably will be.
    The regular cover does not fit the book at all! Again, why not just let Starlin, the guy who's art is in the majority of the book, do a new cover? He'd be happy to do so!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I believe for us Europeans, it will be 9pm CET.

I'm going to start preordering the Marvel DM cover omnis I want, not messing around with this release day stuff anymore. I like IST, but I preordered Captain Marvel and Spidey vol.4 from ToW.

Thing I like about Tales of Wonder is that I can order online then send them a money order in the mail for the total, since I don't have a credit card or keep much money in the bank.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I'm going to start preordering the Marvel DM cover omnis I want, not messing around with this release day stuff anymore. I like IST, but I preordered Captain Marvel and Spidey vol.4 from ToW.

Thing I like about Tales of Wonder is that I can order online then send them a money order in the mail for the total, since I don't have a credit card or keep much money in the bank.
    How's their packaging? I was going to pre order from DCBS but haven't seen a listing