Page 1366 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3668661266131613561362136313641365136613671368136913701376 ... LastLast
Results 20,476 to 20,490 of 20773

So, with The Wonder Man Omnibus coming out in just under 3 months (Dec 19th), I was wondering if there was any new mention of the contents?

I ask this question, because back in February of 2023, when I wrote asking to include the 2 issues into the Defenders, I also asked for 5 Avenger issues that they skipped in this WM Omni and which were major pluses to have for Simon. They listed issues before and after these 5, but skipped these issues.

Like I did for the Defenders, I listed many reasons why these issues were important to include, how they related to Simon (and his teammates) and the work to add them would be minimal, since it was the same Avengers series/book and they were covering previous and later issues.

I have never heard anything more, and I was wondering if there was any mention or updates?
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-20-2023 at 11:13 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

The final contents of the Wonder Man Omni will be in the December Marvel solicitations unless there was an advanced solicitation already in the November or October ones. Whichever it is, the solicits that CBR and everyone else publish from the Previews Catalog are very rarely updated
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The final contents of the Wonder Man Omni will be in the December Marvel solicitations unless there was an advanced solicitation already in the November or October ones. Whichever it is, the solicits that CBR and everyone else publish from the Previews Catalog are very rarely updated
    Oh, I did not know that they don't update. Thank you for the info, bob.schoonover.

OK, so there should still be a solicitation coming out prior to the Omni then.

I am anxious to see if those 5 issues got included, and it may influence whether or not I pick this up.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Question for you guys.

I never read the Heroes Reborn or Heroes Return storylines back in the day. Both are collected in omnibus format and are still in affordable prices on Amazon and eBay. Are they worth buying or am I better just reading the wiki summation for both stories?

I found a few loose issues and gave them a read. I wasn’t impressed. Reading what people have said about the events on this board and on Comicvine. It seems most people enjoyed Iron Man’s title from that time. With Captain America, Avengers and FF being mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Question for you guys.

I never read the Heroes Reborn or Heroes Return storylines back in the day. Both are collected in omnibus format and are still in affordable prices on Amazon and eBay. Are they worth buying or am I better just reading the wiki summation for both stories?

I found a few loose issues and gave them a read. I wasn’t impressed. Reading what people have said about the events on this board and on Comicvine. It seems most people enjoyed Iron Man’s title from that time. With Captain America, Avengers and FF being mixed.
    IMHO, the Heroes Reborn event was terrible, with Avengers (normally my favorite Marvel book) being the weakest, with odd characters and odd takes on them and on the storylines. Plus, the art, supposedly a great attraction, IMHO, was very poor, especially in the first issues. It got better later. Iron Man had a more serious and interesting storyline, very faithful to the original while adding a couple of new elements, but personally, Whilce Portacio, never a favorite of mine, was a bit of a let down. FF also had a fairly faithful take on the storylines, and Jim Lee's art, of course,was awsome. He was later replaced by Brett Booth, who also did a good job. Captain America had art by Rob Liefield, and I found the story line realçly stupid. It felt like bad fan fiction. But, for me, the biggest problem of Heroes Reborn was that it was a retelling of stories we had already seen many times before, and usually done better. There was not enough novelty.
    However, Heroes Return was, IMHO, a return to greatness for Marvel, and some of the best material the company has ever put out. Busiek and Perez Avengers is universally hailed as one of the best runs of the series (it sure is among my top 5). Busiek and Chen also gave us a great Iron Man. One of Marvels greatest mistake was taking Captain America from the hands of Mark Waid and Ron Garney, in what was already shaping up to be a seminal run of the title, and giving it to Rob Liefield in Heroes Reborn. They tried to fix that, by giving the book back to them in Heroes Return, however, it's hard to capture lightning in a bottle twice. Still, it was a solid read, even after Garney was replaced by Andy Kubert. Thor by Jurgens and Romita Jr. also had a very classic Thor feel, and I liked it a lot. FF returned with Scott Lobdell and Alan Davis, however, they were soon replaced by Chris Clairmont and Salvador Larocca. Many found it was merely X-Men staring the FF, since it was riddled with Clairmont's typical "Clairmontisms" (the wordy dialogue full of clichés, the strong females,the wierd fetishes, the scottish myths, the array of characters hailing from his runs on X-Men and Excalibur, etc...), however, despite the different flavour, I found it enjoyable. Hope I've been of some help.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 09-25-2023 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    IMHO, the Heroes Reborn event was terrible, with Avengers (normally my favorite Marvel book) being the weakest, with odd characters and odd takes on them and on the storylines. Plus, the art, supposedly a great attraction, IMHO, was very poor, especially in the first issues. It got better later. Iron Man had a more serious and interesting storyline, very faithful to the original while adding a couple of new elements, but personally, Whilce Portacio, never a favorite of mine, was a bit of a let down. FF also had a fairly faithful take on the storylines, and Jim Lee's art, of course,was awsome. He was later replaced by Brett Booth, who also did a good job. Captain America had art by Rob Liefield, and I found the story line realçly stupid. It felt like bad fan fiction. But, for me, the biggest problem of Heroes Reborn was that it was a retelling of stories we had already seen many times before, and usually done better. There was not enough novelty.
    However, Heroes Return was, IMHO, a return to greatness for Marvel, and some of the best material the company has ever put out. Busiek and Perez Avengers is universally hailed as one of the best runs of the series (it sure is among my top 5). Busiek and Chen also gave us a great Iron Man. One of Marvels greatest mistake was taking Captain America from the hands of Mark Waid and Ron Garney, in what was already shaping up to be a seminal run of the title, and giving it to Rob Liefield in Heroes Reborn. They tried to fix that, by giving the book back to them in Heroes Return, however, it's hard to capture lightning in a bottle twice. Still, it was a solid read, even after Garney was replaced by Andy Kubert. Thor by Jurgens and Romita Jr. also had a very classic Thor feel, and I liked it a lot. FF returned with Scott Lobdell and Alan Davis, however, they were soon replaced by Chris Clairmont and Salvador Larocca. Many found it was merely X-Men staring the FF, since it was riddled with Clairmont's typical "Clairmontisms" (the wordy dialogue full of clichés, the strong females,the wierd fetishes, the scottish myths, the array of characters hailing from his runs on X-Men and Excalibur, etc...), however, despite the different flavour, I found it enjoyable. Hope I've been of some help.

Peace
    Thank you. I checked my collection and I saw that I own several of the post Heroes Reborn/Heroes Return omnibus collections.

Buisek and Perez's 1998 Avengers omnis 1 and 2.
    Jurgens and Romita's 1998 Thor omnis 1 and 2.
    Busiek and Chen's 1998 Iron Man omnibus. As well as the volume 2 from that time period; Iron Man in the Iron Mask omni.
    Waid, Garney and Kubert's 1998 Captain America omni. Which collects Waid's issues before Onslaught, and the first half of the 1998 run. The second half of the run was collected in Dan Jurgen's Captain America omni, which I also have.

Byrne and Casey's run on Hulk from that time period is slated for an omnibus release next year in May.

I don't have any of the TPB for Lobdell's Fantastic Four. Looking at the prices of the OOP volumes. I can skip that.

So, I'm in a good place. I just hate having gaps in my collection, ya know? I have the Onslaught omni, where they all "die". But not the two omnis that cover the reboot histories of the missing heroes and their escape from the parallel universe. The 1998 series all do a good job updating the heroes better than Heroes Reborn did. I love Busiek's Avengers and Iron Man runs.

I can save my money. I'll add Heroes Reborn and Heroes Return to the list of volumes I elected not to buy; Avengers The Crossing. They're in good company.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Thank you. I checked my collection and I saw that I own several of the post Heroes Reborn/Heroes Return omnibus collections.

Buisek and Perez's 1998 Avengers omnis 1 and 2.
    Jurgens and Romita's 1998 Thor omnis 1 and 2.
    Busiek and Chen's 1998 Iron Man omnibus. As well as the volume 2 from that time period; Iron Man in the Iron Mask omni.
    Waid, Garney and Kubert's 1998 Captain America omni. Which collects Waid's issues before Onslaught, and the first half of the 1998 run. The second half of the run was collected in Dan Jurgen's Captain America omni, which I also have.

Byrne and Casey's run on Hulk from that time period is slated for an omnibus release next year in May.

I don't have any of the TPB for Lobdell's Fantastic Four. Looking at the prices of the OOP volumes. I can skip that.

So, I'm in a good place. I just hate having gaps in my collection, ya know? I have the Onslaught omni, where they all "die". But not the two omnis that cover the reboot histories of the missing heroes and their escape from the parallel universe. The 1998 series all do a good job updating the heroes better than Heroes Reborn did. I love Busiek's Avengers and Iron Man runs.

I can save my money. I'll add Heroes Reborn and Heroes Return to the list of volumes I elected not to buy; Avengers The Crossing. They're in good company.
    you should get the Hulk by Peter david omni 4, it has the heroes return mini as david wrote it, plus you get the stories of hulk trying to exist while banner is in franklins world, you also get good extras for that mini in the omni

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    you should get the Hulk by Peter david omni 4, it has the heroes return mini as david wrote it, plus you get the stories of hulk trying to exist while banner is in franklins world, you also get good extras for that mini in the omni
    That’s awesome. I do need the 4th, 5th and Maestro Peter David Hulk omnis

I’ll make time to buy those my next paycheck.

Thanks again for the insight. Cheers, mate.

The first six issues of each Heroes Reborn book are totally worth reading on Marvel Unlimited just to experience the spectacle. The two Liefeld books are so bad — and I can’t explain this — in a way that’s almost charming? Like, issues #7-13 of all the books are just “blah” bad, and really not worth the time. But I don’t know, man. What Liefeld did on Captain America is something else. It’s every bad cliche he could cram into 100 pages and it absolutely set the comic world on fire. He put Ethan Hunt from Mission:Impossible in the book because he’s obsessed with Tom Cruise. 1996, man. You just had to be there.

I absolutely own the omnibus.

Is there a site you guys use that tells what collected editions (mainly omnis and absolutes) are coming in which months? Those Omar videos are very helpful, but I don't want to have to wait a month to see what's coming in November, lol.

I found this site: https://www.comicreleases.com/2021/1...cted-editions/ which seems pretty good, but it's missing Spider-Man Clone Saga Volume 1, so who knows what else it might be missing!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Is there a site you guys use that tells what collected editions (mainly omnis and absolutes) are coming in which months? Those Omar videos are very helpful, but I don't want to have to wait a month to see what's coming in November, lol.

I found this site: https://www.comicreleases.com/2021/1...cted-editions/ which seems pretty good, but it's missing Spider-Man Clone Saga Volume 1, so who knows what else it might be missing!
    This is the most accurate one I know: https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comics/new-comics
    It can be filtered by publisher and singles vs trades. I check it every Monday to see what's really coming out this week. For example, the Monster Sized Hellboy was meant to come out last week or so but is now pushed back to November. The ship dates in NCM videos are as of right now but things get moved around, so the above site is the one I've found to be pretty useful.

Astonishing Member

3 Reprints coming out next year.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Agreed about time on these videos. The shorter ones I zip through but those hour long or more monsters i don't even do that. I appreciate what OMAR has been able to do for the hobby.
    That said, I just need a list and my time is better spent elsewhere.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

3 Reprints coming out next year.
    October 2024

CAPTAIN AMERICA VOL 2 (SILVER AGE) collecting Captain America (1968) 114-148

December 2024

CAPTAIN AMERICA VOL 3 (SILVER AGE) collecting Captain America (1968) 149-192, material from Giant Size Captain America 1, and FOOM (1973) 8

August 2024

IRON MAN VOL 2 (SILVER AGE) collecting Tales of Suspense 84-99 , Iron Man and the Sub-Mariner 1, Iron Man (1968) 1-25