Page 1072 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 72572972102210621068106910701071107210731074107510761082 ... LastLast
Results 16,066 to 16,080 of 16286
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Is the Inferno just a reprint of the ohc rebranded as an omnibus, or is it expanded like the Mutant Massacre omnibus was over the initial ohc? Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sapx_TrrHtg

The Inferno Omnibus combines the X-Men Inferno OHC + Inferno Crossovers OHC.

Good for those who want to fill the inferno gap in their collection, while those who already have the OHCs does not feel shortchanged from new additional issues.
    I have the OHC but not the crossovers and don't mind passing on this one.

I'll get the Dr Aphra Omnibus and the Stern reprint. That's one Spider-man omni I'm missing and even though I've got most of that era in TPB, it'll be nice to have it all together. I could be tempted by Untold Tales as well. Like others have said, I'll skip the Daredevil OHC and wait for the eventual omnibus. A Soule omnibus or 2 would've been nice but I'll keep waiting in hope.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Family Tree, Babyteeth, Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Amazing Member

So I guess a few months later we can expect an Inferno Prologue omnibus to follow.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    So I guess a few months later we can expect an Inferno Prologue omnibus to follow.
    I'd wager Marvel will just rebrand the Prologue OHC into an omnibus. It was already USD125 and I think the X-Universe mapping already lines up perfect with the updated Mutant Massacre omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sapx_TrrHtg

The Inferno Omnibus combines the X-Men Inferno OHC + Inferno Crossovers OHC.

Good for those who want to fill the inferno gap in their collection, while those who already have the OHCs does not feel shortchanged from new additional issues.
    I have the OHC but not the crossovers and don't mind passing on this one.
    Thanks! I have the original OHC, and never bothered with the crossovers as they didn't seem interesting to me. Thanks for the update!

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I'd wager Marvel will just rebrand the Prologue OHC into an omnibus. It was already USD125 and I think the X-Universe mapping already lines up perfect with the updated Mutant Massacre omnibus.
    Apologies to those when/if this was discussed and I missed that moment.
    What are the content differences between the Mutant Massacre first print and this new second one?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

The only thing that the new collection really adds is the X-men v Fantastic Four series. I wish I had kept hold of my OHC edition to be honest.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Apologies to those when/if this was discussed and I missed that moment.
    What are the content differences between the Mutant Massacre first print and this new second one?
    The newer Mutant Massacre Omni plugs the awkward gap and mini-series between the older OHC and FoTM OHC, so I get why Marvel beefed up the thin OHC

(OLDER) MUTANT MASSACRE OHC
    UNCANNY X-MEN #210-214
    X-FACTOR #9-11
    NEW MUTANTS #46

THOR #373-374
    POWER PACK #27
    DAREDEVIL #238

(NEWER) MUTANT MASSACRE OMNIBUS
    UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #210-219
    X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #11
    X-FACTOR (1986) #9-17 and ANNUAL #2
    NEW MUTANTS (1983) #46

THOR (1966) #373-374 and #377-378
    POWER PACK (1984) #27
    DAREDEVIL (1964) #238
    FANTASTIC FOUR VS. X-MEN #1-4
    X-MEN VS. AVENGERS #1-4

X-MEN FALL OF THE MUTANTS OHC
    Uncanny X-Men #220-227
    X-Factor (1986) #18-26
    New Mutants (1983) #55-61

Captain America (1968) #339
    Daredevil (1964) #252
    Fantastic Four (1961) #312
    Incredible Hulk (1968) #336-337 & 340
    Power Pack (1984) #35
    Last edited by mzqamarul; 08-07-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Incredible Member

Im surprised the mutant massacre omni didnt include the X-men annual with Art Adams that had Longshot join the x-men, doesnt that story takes place in between Uncanny 210 and 211 considering Kurt appearance.

Hopefully they'll reprint Fall of the Mutants, I only have the TPBs.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    From the MMW board:

Epic Collection reprints (Jan-Apr 2021)

The Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection Vol. 7: The Goblin's Last Stand
    Avengers West Coast Epic Collection Vol. 1: How the West Was Won
    X-Factor Epic Collection Vol. 1: Genesis and Apocalypse
    Black Panther Epic Collection Vol. 2: Revenge of the Black Panther
    X-Men Epic Collection Vol. 3: The Sentinels Live
    Fantastic Four Epic Collection Vol. 2: The Master Plan of Doctor Doom
    Captain America Epic Collection Vol. 1: Captain America Lives Again
    Marvel Two-In-One Epic Collection Vol. 1: Cry Monster
    Wolverine Epic Collection Vol. 1: Madripoor Nights

Very happy Wolverine Epic 1 is getting a reprint! Been trying to find that one at a good price for ages!
    Finally Wolverine v1 is being reprinted! Now if only they’d reprint Superior Spider-Man Complete Collection v2, I’ll be caught up on my backlog...

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    No. Why would that happen?
    Marvel can only release a certain number of omnibus a year. MM and Inferno got an upgrade because of how old they are, and how easy it is to add more content to those books. In a business sense, what possible reason would there be to add the word omnibus on to something that new and not sought after, when they could be using their omnibus quota for a brand new book?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    No. Why would that happen?
    Marvel can only release a certain number of omnibus a year. MM and Inferno got an upgrade because of how old they are, and how easy it is to add more content to those books. In a business sense, what possible reason would there be to add the word omnibus on to something that new and not sought after, when they could be using their omnibus quota for a brand new book?
    I was just assuming because it's X-Men they would do it. Are they all non essential issues? I never read it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Im surprised the mutant massacre omni didnt include the X-men annual with Art Adams that had Longshot join the x-men, doesnt that story takes place in between Uncanny 210 and 211 considering Kurt appearance.
    UXM annual 10 has always been a bit of a tricky fit, continuity-wise. It has to take place before the Mutant Massacre, since Kurt and Peter and Kitty are all uninjured in it. It’s after UXM 200, since Magneto’s leading the team, and after issue 206, when they were essentially kicked out of San Francisco and had to return to New York. Fine. Rachel doesn’t appear, so presumably it takes place after she left, or she was just sick or off doing something. But Wolverine stabbed her in UXM 207, which continued directly into issues 208-209. And in the annual, Kurt is uninjured and can teleport freely, whereas in the lead-up to the Mutant Massacre, he was badly injured and could only teleport once before becoming exhausted. And it raises the question of where Longshot was during the Mutant Massacre (since his planned second miniseries never happened).

Between 210 and 211 is probably the best place for it, and you just have to assume Nightcrawler’s healing was going well temporarily, but then he suffered a setback; and the X-Men weren’t SO concerned about Rachel’s whereabouts that they couldn’t take time out for a Danger Room session before continuing their search. For... a friend who was bleeding profusely from her guts. Yeah.

Basically, UXM annual 10 can only fit between issues 206 and 207 (raising the question of why Wolverine seems fine, when he was badly injured in 205 and had to be treated by the Morlock healer in 207; AND where Rachel is); or between issues 210 and 211, requiring you to ignore Nightcrawler’s injuries and believe the X-Men took time away from searching for their mortally-wounded friend to have a training session with Magneto.

Neither placement is very satisfying, but there it is. Presumably it’ll be the last issue included in the (currently hypothetical) omni that joins up with the MM omni.
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 08-09-2020 at 04:12 PM.