Page 448 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548948 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 20730
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    The details of the 1st Marvel Monsterbus have been posted over on the Marvel Masterworks Forum:

http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...s_kirby01.html
    It will not be a day of release buy but I will get this one.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 confirmed for May

http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...sm_omni03.html
    Awesome news! Seems like this is very over-due.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The details of the 1st Marvel Monsterbus have been posted over on the Marvel Masterworks Forum:

Very happy for fans of Kirby and weird and eerie type Marvel Monsters, but I have no interest in this one. My wallet and shelf space (lack of) are deeply indebted to me.

Happy for those that like this material, and wanted it, but I have zero interest. Definitely a pass unless I can find if dirt cheap on clearance and maybe not even then. I just can't see there being much demand for this. Sure it's Lee/Kirby, but it's horribly dated. It would be neat to read from a historical perspective, but that's about it.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Happy for those that like this material, and wanted it, but I have zero interest. Definitely a pass unless I can find if dirt cheap on clearance and maybe not even then. I just can't see there being much demand for this. Sure it's Lee/Kirby, but it's horribly dated. It would be neat to read from a historical perspective, but that's about it.
    Yeah. It'd be fun to have Groot's first appearance, but that's about it.
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Yeah. It'd be fun to have Groot's first appearance, but that's about it.
    That, I believe, you can find in the Guardians Solo Omnibus.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I remember from the "Marvel comics-the untold story" in this era Lee and Kirby was quite uninspired with the monster of the month comics coming out and that lead Lee wanting to quit and then writing F4 #1. It just seem like an era not worth to be collected in omnibus format.

Not gonna lie, these recent omnibus announcements don't interest me much. Monsterbus is a pass, but I'll pick up ASM 3, but there aren't many others

I was about to write the exact same thing. I also can see this hitting the bargain bin within a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Not gonna lie, these recent omnibus announcements don't interest me much. Monsterbus is a pass, but I'll pick up ASM 3, but there aren't many others
    Same here. ASM 3 is the first new announcment that has really excited me for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That, I believe, you can find in the Guardians Solo Omnibus.
    It's also in the Annihilation Classic TPB (which I think I found in a 50% off pile).

Regarding the discussion on reading order in the Spider-Verse HC: I agree that a reading order is better, but worst case scenario it's possible to swap back and forth between pages, especially as Marvel collected editions include the covers (my Dark Horse Star Wars omnis and TPBs usually didn't have the covers; it would just be one continuous story, with occasionally obvious issue breaks.) But a customizable reading order is definitely among the reasons I love my single issues
    Last edited by Taral-DLOS; 10-17-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Yeah, I don't think anybody was asking for the Monsterbus. The only reason it's happening is because of the upcoming Monsters Unleashed book/event, whatever it is. Kinda like the Clone Saga omni, the only reason it's happened now is because of the current Clone Conspiracy crap that their doing.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster283 View Post
    Same here. ASM 3 is the first new announcment that has really excited me for a while.
    Second 2017 Omni to excite me.
    The DD Silver Age Omni vol.1 was the first!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Was interesting to see that the reprint of ASM2 only sold 650 odd copies, with X-Men around the 500 mark.

Strange did 2600 while Shang Chi 2 did just under 1K.

Granted that is only the DM sales and no Amazon or non-US sales included, but still, considering the whale status, the preorders for ASM2 were much lower than I expected them to be.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Was interesting to see that the reprint of ASM2 only sold 650 odd copies, with X-Men around the 500 mark.

Strange did 2600 while Shang Chi 2 did just under 1K.

Granted that is only the DM sales and no Amazon or non-US sales included, but still, considering the whale status, the preorders for ASM2 were much lower than I expected them to be.
    I think there were shipping issues with ASM it sold out pretty fast on IST because they had low stock.