Page 709 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2096096596997057067077087097107117127137197598091209 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,635 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Dont get me wrong, I love Batman. I just like him more when he is alone and slightly less overpowered and unbeatable. Daredevil is often written as the loner, slightly tortured individual which to me is where Batman shines. Batman with robin and a multitude of bat family members seems less interesting.

Balakin just described it better than I could.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 10-29-2017 at 12:16 PM.

The thing I hated in Shadowland was Daredevil. The things I liked were the rest of the street level heroes coming to Daredevils aid, so YMMV.

Now that we're talking about DD; how does his portrayal in Bendis' Defenders series stand compared to Bendis' DD run in the early 00's?
    I remember that by the time DD joined his Avengers, it seemed like an entirely different character (not because of context, but rather the 'voice' of the character, if you will).

If you had to bet on it, the Punisher max omni that’s coming out, do you think it will be a two vol Ennis only run or will they do the same as the Ultimate Collections and do the whole Max series?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    If you had to bet on it, the Punisher max omni that’s coming out, do you think it will be a two vol Ennis only run or will they do the same as the Ultimate Collections and do the whole Max series?
    It will all come down to sales. If the Ennis Max volume 1 sells decently, we'll see volume 2 come out soon after. If volume 2 sells well, then volume 3 covering the post Ennis runs will be sure to follow. Just look at the Abnett/Lanning cosmic books Omnibi that have come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    Now that we're talking about DD; how does his portrayal in Bendis' Defenders series stand compared to Bendis' DD run in the early 00's?
    I remember that by the time DD joined his Avengers, it seemed like an entirely different character (not because of context, but rather the 'voice' of the character, if you will).
    Are you reading Soule’s DD run? It’s very similar in character. I’m really enjoying the Defenders run.

I really think it just will be the Ennis material. That's 4 ultimate collections so that could be 2 omnibuses and then the Aaron run was already put in an omnibus although it's oop. I only have the ultimate collections up to vol 5 but I guess the 6th volume will collect the whole Aaron run. So technically it could be 3 omnibuses combining the post Ennis volume with Aaron's in a 3rd volume sort of like an upgrade on the now OOP Punisher Ma by Aaron omni (just like they did an extended Squadron Supreme omnibus no one asked for) but does anyone really need that post Ennis/pre Aaron run in a prestige format for a $125? I know I don't (and thank the gods I have the Aaron omnibus already).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    Can you do one of these for DC?
    Sorry but since I don't collect DC Omnibuses that would be a real chore for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I really think it just will be the Ennis material. That's 4 ultimate collections so that could be 2 omnibuses and then the Aaron run was already put in an omnibus although it's oop. I only have the ultimate collections up to vol 5 but I guess the 6th volume will collect the whole Aaron run. So technically it could be 3 omnibuses combining the post Ennis volume with Aaron's in a 3rd volume sort of like an upgrade on the now OOP Punisher Ma by Aaron omni (just like they did an extended Squadron Supreme omnibus no one asked for) but does anyone really need that post Ennis/pre Aaron run in a prestige format for a $125? I know I don't (and thank the gods I have the Aaron omnibus already).

I had the Aaron omni but I sold it, I have been working my way through the punisher complete collections (halfway through vol 3) and if memory serves I think I prefer the Aaron stuff to what I have read of the Ennis stuff so far, but for uniformity sake, i hope we get the whole series

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I wonder if, with the amount it cost to get the rights, but the fact that volumes are now heading to clearance, we may see less 'passion project' stuff approved for the collection editors.

There seemed to be the sense when it was announced that Master of Kung Fu and DHoKF was really being pushed for by one or two collection editors, but it hasnt been the instant sell through/future whale title that was projected by some at the time (though granted, in the actual future, I'm sure it'll become one).

Hope that doesnt hurt the chances of more obscure nad/or niche 70s/80s stuff getting cleaned up
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I wonder if, with the amount it cost to get the rights, but the fact that volumes are now heading to clearance, we may see less 'passion project' stuff approved for the collection editors.

There seemed to be the sense when it was announced that Master of Kung Fu and DHoKF was really being pushed for by one or two collection editors, but it hasnt been the instant sell through/future whale title that was projected by some at the time (though granted, in the actual future, I'm sure it'll become one).

Hope that doesnt hurt the chances of more obscure nad/or niche 70s/80s stuff getting cleaned up
    Unless you're thinking of something else, as far as I can recall, a lot of the obscure stuff so far has hit the bargain bin - Howard, Man-Thing, Dracula, Werewolf, etc. (And no doubt that Monster collection stuff they recently collected will join them soon.)
    Heck, Howard even got a reprint.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Fury/SHIELD Omni from the 70s also just hit the bargain bin.

I guess I'd ask @legion_quest if there is a particular run he's looking for from that era?

For me it would be classic/original Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider. I feel it's time will still come though. Another would be Moon Knight.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I guess I'd ask @legion_quest if there is a particular run he's looking for from that era?

For me it would be classic/original Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider. I feel it's time will still come though. Another would be Moon Knight.
    Those are two examples, yes, but I was mainly thinking more niche stuff, but the crux of the point was more Marvel had to spend money to print these books and they didnt seem to sell as well as perhaps they thought they would, or the collection editors seemed to think they would when talking about it on the MMW forums, which made me wonder if that might have a knock on that those voices may be quieter than others when it comes to future decisions and could lead to more 'obvious' choices being done rather than more niche stuff
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Agreed; it looks like it will be purely the Ennis material, which is a real shame - adding some one-shots would have sweetened the deal to upgrade on the OHC collection. There is enough non-Ennis material for a 4th "Companion" Omnibus (about 30 issues) to sit between an Ennis vol.2 and the Aaron Omnibus and I would definitely be up for that, although it sounds like I'd be in the minority!
    Last edited by jm21; 10-30-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I'd love a Moon Knight if it was just that 36-issue series and the six issue mini that followed. I could never get into his stories in the Hulk Magazine.

I think there's some kind of royalty or copyright matter with Ghost Rider, isn't there?