Page 722 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2226226727127187197207217227237247257267327728221222 ... LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 20754
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS Cover by FIONA STAPLES (as per Hachette Book Group listing):

Wait - this is real?? I've waited years for this book to be announced.

That said, I'm wondering how and if they will collect volume 2. Will there be enough Miles Morales issues to fill a second volume?
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 11-23-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Wait - this is real?? I've waited years for this book to be announced.

That said, I'm wondering how and if they will collect volume 2. Will there be enough Miles Morales issues to fill a second volume?
    I really don’t think a second Miles Morales Omnibus will be a problem. His current series in the 616 Universe has at present 25 issues (#1-21, #234-237 which includes solicited issues) and counting. Included in that run is the “Sitting In a Tree” story-line which crosses over into 3 issues of Spider-Gwen. In addition to that is the 5-issue mini-series “Spider-Men II”. That’s already 33 issues which if we stop there is a nicely sized Omnibus. The solicited Omnibus isn’t labelled as Vol. 1 as it refers to Miles Morales in the Ultimate Universe. I doubt a probable second Omnibus will be labelled Vol. 2 as it will cover Miles’ life in the 616 Universe (and Earth-65 with Spider-Gwen).

Incredible Member

I really don’t think a second Miles Morales Omnibus will be a problem. His current series in the 616 Universe has at present 25 issues (#1-21, #234-237 which includes solicited issues) and counting. Included in that run is the “Sitting In a Tree” story-line which crosses over into 3 issues of Spider-Gwen. In addition to that is the 5-issue mini-series “Spider-Men II”. That’s already 33 issues which if we stop there is a nicely sized Omnibus. The solicited Omnibus isn’t labelled as Vol. 1 as it refers to Miles Morales in the Ultimate Universe. I doubt a probable second Omnibus will be labelled Vol. 2 as it will cover Miles’ life in the 616 Universe (and Earth-65 with Spider-Gwen).
    Great point. Although naming the second volume could get tricky.

All nearly said and done, which run did you all prefer? ultimate Miles or 616 Miles?

I really don't see any further USM Omnibuses appearing.

Unfortunately, it looks like the same story regarding a New Avengers Vol. 2 Omnibus and Iron Man by Fraction Vol. 3 OHC
    Yup, looks like it. Perhaps if they hadn't tried (and failed) to shove down our throats that hodgepodge of an Omni that was Ultimate Marvel vol. 1, we might have a proper vol. 2 of USM by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yup, looks like it. Perhaps if they hadn't tried (and failed) to shove down our throats that hodgepodge of an Omni that was Ultimate Marvel vol. 1, we might have a proper vol. 2 of USM by now.
    You're most probably right. I believe all our hopes of an USM Vol. 2 Omni died the day they released the Ultimate Marvel Vol. 1 Omni. Heck, it didn't even make the Diamond Sales List the month it was released which had the last entry at 351 units! That was 2 years ago, and they still can't seem to get rid of it in clearance sales.

Anybody know any good Blackfriday deals for Marvel and DC omnibuses?

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    BarnesandNoble has buy 2 get 1 free plus a 20% off coupon. Not every comic is included in the B2G1 deal though. Also some people are unhappy with the condition of B&N books but I've never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    IST has up to 70% discount on select Marvel Omnibuses and DC books and an extra 3% on orders over the Black Friday and Cyber Monday period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    When it comes out Punisher Max Vol.2 will probably have Barracuda Max which wasn't in the original OHCs so you might want to reconsider that one. Also, I agree with you on the USM OHC line - it shifted to being an Omnibus line ages ago and it's too late to start it up again now.
    I like the Barracuda mini but I don't mind it not being in the OHC's as the tone is different from most of the Punisher stuff.

Skaar: Son Of Hulk - The Complete Collection was added to the hachette website
    We need better comics

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    BarnesandNoble has buy 2 get 1 free plus a 20% off coupon. Not every comic is included in the B2G1 deal though. Also some people are unhappy with the condition of B&N books but I've never had an issue.
    I've never not had an issue, and I have a paid membership.
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

What are peoples thoughts on the Journey Into Mystery Omnibus by Kieron Gillen. I am wondering what to do: New Gods Omnibus (alreay own old ones), Batman and Robin by Tomasi and Gleason, Golden Age Batman Volume 4, or Journey Into Mystery. I am fans of Wicked and Divine but I wonder if an Omnibus is worth the dough.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on the Journey Into Mystery Omnibus by Kieron Gillen. I am wondering what to do: New Gods Omnibus (alreay own old ones), Batman and Robin by Tomasi and Gleason, Golden Age Batman Volume 4, or Journey Into Mystery. I am fans of Wicked and Divine but I wonder if an Omnibus is worth the dough.
    Highly recommended. It's a modern classic and made Loki a full fledged anti-hero protagonist. Any fan of Loki needs this omnibus.

Astonishing Member

I'm also a collector of all things Spidey in OHC (with the exception of the 2015 Slott run), but I'm seriously considering giving these Venomnibuses a miss. However, I would absolutely be up for a couple of Flash Thompson Venom Omnibuses. I reckon you guys will also be picking up the Carnage Omnibus right? That's another one I may bypass.
    I am going to skip the Carnage Omnibus.
    Because i have already the Venom vs Carnage limited series and the 2010 Carnage Limited series.
    Carnage(2015) by Gerry Conway looked quite interesting from what i read so i will rather get that series in TPB.
    The other series in that Omnibus does not seem that good to make me buy the Omnibus plus with me already having some of those stories as well.
    A Flash Thompson Venom Omnibus would be cool,I have some of those stories in single issues and they are quite good,especially the first stories by Rick Remender.

Incredible Member

Just "finished" my MoKF Vol 4 omni and found a most insidious defect. The last signature in the book is missing 4 sheets, so while the table of contents specifies The last chapter starts on page 765 my omnibus abruptly ends at 760 and goes directly into extras. Any one else have this issue? I have to say I have just about friggin had it with the complete lack of quality control on these "premium" books. I already page through upon arrival to check for rips, tears, mis-cut pages and any number of other easy to spot defects, but apparently I now have to count pages... I swear I have to return almost every other book (I've had to return several up to 3 times) for far from trivial production defects I don't know how much longer I can keep supporting these. Seriously am I just unlucky or are others experiencing a marked uptick in severe printing defects? Anybody who keeps these things in shrink wrap is playing with fire on what kind of product they have on their shelf IMO.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?