Page 943 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4438438939339399409419429439449459469479539931043 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,145 of 20771
    Spectacular Member

Thank you so much!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Avengers vol.4 Omni coming in at 1,700+ units

Who feels ASM vol.4 can best that? I feel it should be able to do so.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Avengers vol.4 Omni coming in at 1,700+ units

Who feels ASM vol.4 can best that? I feel it should be able to do so.
    Absolutely. I can see it breaking 2,000, even 2,500 just like ASM Vol. 3. That is if there aren't any availability/ordering problems.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Man, other than Captain (Ms.) Marvel, there hasn't been a Marvel Omni I wanted since Hickman Vol 2, and nothing on the solicits interests me at all...

Where is Black Panther by Priest? Where's Claremont's New Mutants? PAD's Hulk? Give me something, Marvel! Anything!
    Yeah I hear ya. After I get ASM vol.4, I don't know if there's any other Marvel books I want this year. I might get Conan vol.2 but I haven't bought the first yet. The Lee/Ditko horror omni might be interesting.

Even with Epics, it seems like the ones I want will never get here. I'll probably snag New Mutants vol.2 for completion, but I already passed it in my reading. How about releasing some Spider-Man Epics that haven't been omnibused already?!

With MMW Savage She-Hulk vol.2 coming out next week and completing this run + relevant tie-ins could an Omni be on the horizon?

Extraordinary Member

I would really like to see them get to an Avengers omnibus volume 5 because that would take in the entire Steve Englehart run and be a logical place to break off (there are lots of good stories to come after, but Lee, Thomas and Englehart are sort of the backbone of the entire franchise).

I don't know what the chances are, though, since it seems likely there won't be another Avengers movie for a while and it was the four movies that got us those four omnibi.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I would really like to see them get to an Avengers omnibus volume 5 because that would take in the entire Steve Englehart run and be a logical place to break off (there are lots of good stories to come after, but Lee, Thomas and Englehart are sort of the backbone of the entire franchise).

I don't know what the chances are, though, since it seems likely there won't be another Avengers movie for a while and it was the four movies that got us those four omnibi.
    What's nice is if you buy the Guardians Tomorrows Heroes omnibus and Marvel Universe by John Byrne omnibus you get the next best run of issues with the exception of 158-162. Guardians Tomorrows Heroes has Avengers 167-177 with the exception of 169 since it was a fill in. Marvel Universe by John Byrne has issues 164-166 and 181-191.

So who's picking up the Straczynski Spider-Man Omnis? I have all five volumes of the Best of Spider-Man OHCs but I most likely will end up purchasing the Omnis

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

I was thinking of getting the JMS omnis, but I've never read the material and I've heard very mixed reviews of his work on Spidey. There's probably going to be 2 volumes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    I was thinking of getting the JMS omnis, but I've never read the material and I've heard very mixed reviews of his work on Spidey. There's probably going to be 2 volumes, right?
    Yes, it looks like they'll be serving up two chunky Omnibuses.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    While the first omni has one story that contributes negatively to the mixed reviews (Sins Past), it's the last story in the collection. The rest of it is pretty solid.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

I already read the JMS stories in Amazing Spider-Man,and i even have in Hardcover the first five stories of Amazing Spider-Man by him.
    So while i will be getting eventually the ASM Omnibus by JMS there are many others stories that i have read as well but i want to collect first.As Spider-Man Omnibus 3 (That is OOP) and the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    So who's picking up the Straczynski Spider-Man Omnis? I have all five volumes of the Best of Spider-Man OHCs but I most likely will end up purchasing the Omnis
    I'll be getting that one, and I've never read his run on Spidey before, so it'll be a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I will be getting it, especially since this is where I got spotty on my ASM and eventually went into tpb. Which itself became non-consecutive getting only the most popular/interesting runs that I saw garnered lots of conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    While the first omni has one story that contributes negatively to the mixed reviews (Sins Past), it's the last story in the collection. The rest of it is pretty solid.
    You forgot, uh, one more...