Page 263 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 1632132532592602612622632642652662672733133637631263 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Does anyone know if the first volume of Superior Spiderman is OOP or getting a reprint any time soon? I have had a "awaiting stock" purchase with Speedyhen for the last month or so and I'm considering cancelling it and buying it from Reed (at a higher price).
    If you are talking about the OHC version, it is still listed on IST, so I am assuming it is still in print.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Codename: Matchstick Johnny
    Agent of Nothing
    Latest MMW Find in the Wild: Uncanny X-Men Barnes and Noble TPB Edition 1&2
    IMG_3619.jpg

Total: $7.50 no sales tax
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 04-07-2016 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Since all digital is basically a "rental", I'd steer you towards Marvel Unlimited where they are up front about you having access so long as you're paid up. "Buying" digital comics is for suckers if you think you'll be guaranteed access to those files 10 or 15 years from now.
    I've never used Comixology or Marvel unlimited but in general I echo that sentiment when it comes to games, music, movies.....
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Just a quick FYI...IST updated their "Coming Soon" list. So most of the recently solicited material is now on their site to add to your wishlist.

Good day gents,

I've been rereading Secret Warriors since I can't afford all these lovely new books. Was wondering if someone could help me out.

Alexander and Ares; are these two featured in any other comics (dark reign or otherwise)? Specifically the story about grasshopper, or was that an idea of Hickmans for the series itself. I know the Secret Warriors make appearances in Avengers and Secret Invasion, but anything beyond that?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I have a sneaky suspicion, especially with what Marvel's been doing with Ms Marvel, GotG, etc... lately, that the next Thor omnibus we'll see will be one of Aaron's run, where they just mash 2-3 of these OHCs together and call it good.
    I'll fully admit, back in the day, I would've been one of those who would sell my OHCs and get the omnibus, as they "look better" on my bookshelf, but as I get father along into this hobby, and perhaps due to me getting older and crankier, I actually PREFER OHCs. So for me, even if they do omnibus some of Aaron's Thor, or Hickman's Avengers stuff, etc... I'll be happy with my OHCs. The only downside is that they have taken an omnibus spot and used it on something that is already available in oversized format. I'm hoping for a Thor SA vol. 3, and a Vol 1 reprint, or maybe something later on in the Thor run, like DeFalco's run, or something else, maybe even Gillen's/Fraction's run after JMS', but I suspect we'll get Aaron's run instead, especially since they can then say, "Look, another female-centric book!"
    I was thinking the same thing, thats why ive held off on buying them yet. But I will probably cave in, really want to read it. I too am starting to prefer OHCS for a couple reasons. One important one for me is I read all my books on a pillow that I lay on my lap, even with the pillow the heavier omnis weight starts to hurt my legs, most likely becuase i'm a skinny guy.

But as for a series like hickmans avengers even thought I allready have the ohcs I will probably get the omni if and when it comes out. Just because you have to read 2 titles and I hate switching between books to get the proper reading order.

On that note has any one read say Avengers vol 1 then New avengers vol 2 instead of switching between the books for a proper reading order? Curious to how it reads.

Spectacular Member

I've just received the first volume of Marvel Knights Captain America (aka Captain America Vol 4). Have only had a brief flick through but it looks interesting... I noticed the first half particularly is quite light on text. Can't wait to see what it's like as this seems to be the one run that is never spoken about (I guess being sandwiched between Waid and Brubaker).

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Good day gents,

I've been rereading Secret Warriors since I can't afford all these lovely new books. Was wondering if someone could help me out.

Alexander and Ares; are these two featured in any other comics (dark reign or otherwise)? Specifically the story about grasshopper, or was that an idea of Hickmans for the series itself. I know the Secret Warriors make appearances in Avengers and Secret Invasion, but anything beyond that?
    Ares and Alexander appeared in a mini called "Ares" by Oeming and Foreman. I loved the mini myself and it really does help fill in some of the mythology. There was also a Dark Reign Ares mini by Gillen and Garcia that I thought was a nice read as well. The latter is probably not as necessary as the former but it's worth it imo. And if you aren't reading the Secret Warriors omnibus, there was a Dark Reign The List one shot for Secret Warriors that had lovely Steranko-inspired McGuinness art. That one-shot is pretty crucial to the story Hikcman was telling. I also think there is a Siege one-shot of Secret Warriors that had some pretty important Alex stuff.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Also, thanks all for the digital responses. It's still a tough sell for me; I love my paper. Eventually I think it's a road I will go down though because it is much more feasible in the end.

Does anyone know if the first volume of Superior Spiderman is OOP or getting a reprint any time soon? I have had a "awaiting stock" purchase with Speedyhen for the last month or so and I'm considering cancelling it and buying it from Reed (at a higher price).
    I have ASM vol1 tpb (all new I think, donno exactly, it's not for me) on backorder from them for like 3 weeks now. And it was listed In stock when I ordered it. Are they getting weird with their Marvel stuff maybe?

Yep. I think it has been for a while.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superior-Spi...rior+spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Time Runs Out was interesting and generally it looked great, but at this point we've seen many board members talk about its incompleteness. It answers the "why are the incursions happening" and some of the other major mysteries of Hickman's run. It also really centralizes Reed, T'Challa, and Strange as the central heroes in the final stages of the story. However, it also starts some major, intriguing threads out of nowhere that go nowhere. Is it essential? I'd say only if you are obsessed with Hickman's overarching Marvel run itself. It is barely referenced in Secret Wars - it explains what's happening in the first issue, Strange's status quo, and one other particularly key character.

So, if you are creating a complete Marvel Hickman OHC bookshelf, yes - buy it.

I've now read half of the Last Days stories and I cannot recommend the Last Days compendium. There is no reason to own all the stories together - they have no relevance to each other and no relevance to Secret Wars. Few authors took the freedom of a story that "won't count" to create something truly memorable - the exceptions are definitely Ms. Marvel and somewhat Mighty Avengers and Silver Surfer, all of three of which you should be reading anyway because they are awesome. Most of them just took the opportunity to have their characters do one or two dire things that they wouldn't be able to do without the end of the world being imminent (Magneto, Black Widow). Others just told their normal story and then said "Whoops, looks like the world is ending!" (Silk).

I'm interested to hear other people's opinions on each - worth buying, or an easy way to save >$100 to spend on other books?
    There were many weird story threads that either didn't develop or took up a disproportional amount of time to setup when compared to their payoff. A whole issue on phasing a planet that resolves in a secondary conflict in a few panels and ends up being more or less irrelevant. Or Cap's strange journey through time for several issues that only serves to be a dumping ground for Hickman's ideas of different future technologies but has no impact or relevance on anything. And why introduce the whole Shi'ar element? Things weren't muddy enough?

I think more than that though I found myself annoyed beyond belief that we had another Civil War story between Cap and Iron Man but this time with both of them acting completely insane. What Cap chooses to do with his last day before the final incursion?! Garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I've just received the first volume of Marvel Knights Captain America (aka Captain America Vol 4). Have only had a brief flick through but it looks interesting... I noticed the first half particularly is quite light on text. Can't wait to see what it's like as this seems to be the one run that is never spoken about (I guess being sandwiched between Waid and Brubaker).
    Is that the New Deal story line drawn by Cassady? The New Deal story is okay but was a big tonal shift after the Waid and Jurgens stuff that came right before it.

It tried to be something it didn't really achieve and I think it suffered for it but it's fine. The art is great. The stories after New Deal aren't any good though until Brubaker picks it up.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Is that the New Deal story line drawn by Cassady?
    That's the one. Had to look it up to find it was the right story - looks like this one collects the first 3 of the original paperbacks (New Deal, The Extremists and Ice), but New Deal is the only one not listed in the contents, they've listed it as two parts titled Enemy and Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Codename: Matchstick Johnny
    Agent of Nothing
    Latest MMW Find in the Wild: Uncanny X-Men Barnes and Noble TPB Edition 1&2
    IMG_3619.jpg

Total: $7.50 no sales tax
    Nice price!!!

I remember those as I had picked up a few of them on clearance many years ago. They also had a few Spider-man volumes and one or two other volume 1's.