Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

CAPTAIN AMERICA’S BICENTENNIAL BATTLES: ALL-NEW MARVEL TREASURY EDITION TPB
    Written by JACK KIRBY
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    The Marvel Treasury Edition that celebrated 200 years of the United States of America is back, as big as life and better than ever! From the unparalleled imagination of Jack Kirby, it’s a time-spanning adventure featuring Captain America on an incredible journey through his nation’s past — from the American Revolution through two world wars…and more! Steve Rogers meets major historical figures, makes quite an impact on Benjamin Franklin — and takes inspiration from two centuries of American struggle and progress! Reprinted in all its oversize glory along with suitably patriotic special features, this is one of the Sentinel of Liberty’s wildest adventures of all, without which no Cap collection is complete! Collecting MARVEL TREASURY SPECIAL: CAPTAIN AMERICA’S BICENTENNIAL BATTLES and MIGHTY MARVEL BICENTENNIAL CALENDAR 1976.
    112 PGS./Rated T …$29.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93071-4
    Trim size: 8-1/2 x 13

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I would hand on my heart give Amazing Fantasy #15. That's what I did with my 11-year old son. He's a massive Spidey fan. Also did the same to the 16-year old daughter of friends and she's now collecting all of Spidey Vol. 1 in Masterworks and Epic Collections.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

That Arthur Adams cover is pretty awesome. I might just go with that regular cover (I have the regular covers to the previous volumes anyhow).
    This is one of the rare instances where I like the re-working of the cover on an omnibus as opposed to an issue from the run.

So the Inferno Prologue Omnibus is an exact reprint of the Inferno Prologue OHC...but 25$ cheaper? Am I reading this right?

Hey folks, I've been wondering if the following runs have been collected in any form or shape. I've been unable to find them thus far, any help will be appreciated.

Mark Gruenwald's Captain America
    Roger Stern's Avengers
    Steve Englehart's Silver Surfer

Looks like IST has officially postponed new releases until next Tuesday according to the site and email.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt of Rivia View Post
    Hey folks, I've been wondering if the following runs have been collected in any form or shape. I've been unable to find them thus far, any help will be appreciated.

Roger Stern's Avengers
    Mark Gruenwald's run on Cap is mostly collected in Epic Collection format. Vol 12 - 18 collect issues 302 - 410. Issues 411 - 443 (the remaining issues of Gruny's run) will cover volumes 19 - 21.
    The entire Roger Stern run has been collected. The Trial of Yellowjacket, Ultimate Vision Books 1 and 2 cover issues 212 - 254. The rest of the run is available in smaller TPB, or you can get the Epic collections that cover issues 264 - 288 and wait for future volumes to cover the rest.
    Steve Englehart's Silver Surfer has 1 Epic collections that covers issues 1 - 14 or an out of print Essential collection of issues 1 - 18. His run goes to issue 31, so best bet is to wait for future Epic collections to cover this period.

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt of Rivia View Post

Roger Stern's Avengers
    Gruenwald's Cap and Stern's avengers are collected in Epic collections. Stern is Under Siege and Judgement day (maybe Heavy metal too, not sure).
    Gruenwald Cap starts from Justice is served I think. Here is the wiki to epics
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel...llection_lines

SS might be collected as well in Epics, I never followed the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Mark Gruenwald's run on Cap is mostly collected in Epic Collection format. Vol 12 - 18 collect issues 302 - 410. Issues 411 - 443 (the remaining issues of Gruny's run) will cover volumes 19 - 21.
    The entire Roger Stern run has been collected. The Trial of Yellowjacket, Ultimate Vision Books 1 and 2 cover issues 212 - 254. The rest of the run is available in smaller TPB, or you can get the Epic collections that cover issues 264 - 288 and wait for future volumes to cover the rest.
    Steve Englehart's Silver Surfer has 1 Epic collections that covers issues 1 - 14 or an out of print Essential collection of issues 1 - 18. His run goes to issue 31, so best bet is to wait for future Epic collections to cover this period.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Gruenwald's Cap and Stern's avengers are collected in Epic collections. Stern is Under Siege and Judgement day (maybe Heavy metal too, not sure).
    Gruenwald Cap starts from Justice is served I think. Here is the wiki to epics
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel...llection_lines

SS might be collected as well in Epics, I never followed the character.
    Thanks, now if only I could find a store where they have these in stock...

I would hand on my heart give Amazing Fantasy #15. That's what I did with my 11-year old son. He's a massive Spidey fan. Also did the same to the 16-year old daughter of friends and she's now collecting all of Spidey Vol. 1 in Masterworks and Epic Collections. She's not interested in Ultimate Spidey.
    When I was listening to music with my dad as a kid, he played Zeppelin, not Bon Jovi. You go with the classics.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Does anyone know what new volumes of X-Men Epic collections are coming out?

I want know if volume 18 will come out anytime soon or should I buy the Claremont Lee Omnibus

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Does anyone know what new volumes of X-Men Epic collections are coming out?

I want know if volume 18 will come out anytime soon or should I buy the Claremont Lee Omnibus
    18 isn't anywhere on any schedule as far as I know.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

INCREDIBLE HULK EPIC COLLECTION: MAN OR MONSTER? TPB (NEW PRINTING)
    Volume #1 in the Incredible Hulk Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY with STEVE DITKO & DICK AYERS
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    Dr. Robert Bruce Banner may look like a mild-mannered scientist, but after being caught in a gamma bomb explosion, he became the unstoppable engine of destruction known as the Hulk! Stan Lee and Jack Kirby’s atomic update on the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde paradigm mixed the might of giant monsters with Cold War intrigue and psychological drama. Decades later, it’s a formula that still has readers clamoring for more! For the first time, this Epic Collection follows Hulk’s every adventure. His original series; his time with — and against — the Avengers; his first confrontation with the Thing; encounters with Spider-Man and Ant-Man and a mythic battle with Thor! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1962) #1-6, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #12 and #25-26, AVENGERS (1963) #1-3 and #5, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #14 and material from TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #59 and JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #112.
    392 PGS./All Ages …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92974-9
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

GENERATION X EPIC COLLECTION: BACK TO SCHOOL TPB
    Volume #1 in the Generation X Epic Collections
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL, FABIAN NICIEZA & LARRY HAMA
    Penciled by JOE MADUREIRA, ROGER CRUZ, ANDY KUBERT, CHRIS BACHALO, TOM GRUMMETT
    & CHRIS ALEXANDER
    Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    Meet the new class! The techno-organic aliens known as the Phalanx have targeted the next generation of mutants — and now Banshee, Jubilee and the White Queen must rescue Synch, Husk, M, Skin and Blink! But will all of them survive to attend the newly reopened Xavier’s School? The sullen Chamber and mysterious Penance enroll as well — but who is the marrow-sucking monster called Emplate and what is his connection to one of the students? As the Gen X kids adjust to their new lives, romance blossoms and rivalries form even as they battle Orphan-Maker, Gene Nation and more! But what can their mutant powers do against…magic? Scott Lobdell and Chris Bachalo’s ’90s sensation begins here! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #316-318, X-MEN (1991) #36-37, GENERATION X (1994) #1-9, WOLVERINE (1988) #94, GENERATION X COLLECTORS’ PREVIEW and GENERATION X ASHCAN EDITION.
    480 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93076-9

MOON KNIGHT EPIC COLLECTION: BAD MOON RISING TPB (NEW PRINTING)
    Volume #1 in the Moon Knight Epic Collections
    Written by DOUG MOENCH, DAVID ANTHONY KRAFT, BILL MANTLO & STEVEN GRANT
    Penciled by DON PERLIN, KEITH GIFFEN, MIKE ZECK, JIM MOONEY, JIM CRAIG, GENE COLAN,
    KEITH POLLARD & BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    Cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    Discover the many faces of the Moon Knight! Mercenary. Werewolf hunter. Super hero. Millionaire playboy. Cab driver. Ghost? Moon Knight is many things to many people, with the multiple personalities to match! Follow the Fist of Khonshu as he battles to find his place in the Marvel Universe in this collection of his earliest appearances. From his startling debut as a nemesis of Werewolf by Night to an unlikely stint with the Defenders, from encounters with Spider-Man and the Thing to the solo adventures that shaped a legend. Relive the rise of the moon’s specter of vengeance! Collecting WEREWOLF BY NIGHT (1972) #32-33; MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1971) #28-29; DEFENDERS (1972) #47-50; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #22-23; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #52 and MOON KNIGHT (1980) #1-4 — plus material from HULK MAGAZINE #11-15, #17-18 and #20 and MARVEL PREVIEW #21.
    504 PGS./Rated T+ …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92985-5