Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
The problem with Amazon is there incredulous way of packing the books.
They don't seem to believe the person receiving the book matters because Amazon is open to returns.
Which I do not understand because twice I had a problem with a non comic related order and the person I
chatted with on line was super nice and helped me, it seemed to me Amazon places a high value on customer
satisfaction, so this whole cavalier attitude to how they package these collector books is puzzling.
I have bought many books from them and I guess I will give up in the future and look elsewhere. I have send so many books back because of defects and transport issues, that they put me on a list I guess. I can't return a book while at the same time get a replacement anymore. I have to buy the book again. Which will be of course damaged in the transport process. Amazon really sucks big time when it comes to comics. Big Omnibus books are off limits for me anyhow, because they simply are unable or unwilling to ship a book of that size and weight undamaged. Their packaging is simply too flimsy and the lack of an adequat stuffing makes things worse. The only thing I was ok buying as of late from them was DC Absolutes, because "normally" the come in their own cardboard saftey housing. But the recent Killing Joke proved me otherwise. They send the book .... in a simple bag, nothing more, no cardboard, no extra safety housing, just a plain white amazon labeled bag.
And when you send it back, you feel the anger of the system that you haven't been silent about it. They even called me once on the phone telling me in a nutshell, that they can't see something wrong with their handling of shipments and that I have returned too many things in the past. That my returning was a direct result of the subpar packaging was of no concern to them and they weren't up for reasoning....Amazon has gotten too big and unfriendly.