Page 147 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 47971371431441451461471481491501511571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 20773
    All-New Member

Hey Canucked, any chance of updating the Upcoming Omnibus Release Dates on the second post?

It's a handy feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Guys, not much of a Spider-Man fan, but the praise & price on Stern Omni is making me consider it.

Is there anything particularly unique or special about this run, that I might enjoy it more than typical Spidey I've read before?
    The ASM issues in the Stern omnibus are some of the best post-Stan Lee ASM and certainly some of the last decent art in ASM for decades to come. The PPTSS aren't nearly as good, though. It's a shame they didn't split this book into two volumes, because it's size makes it hard to recommend.

Incredible Member

Guys, not much of a Spider-Man fan, but the praise & price on Stern Omni is making me consider it.

Is there anything particularly unique or special about this run, that I might enjoy it more than typical Spidey I've read before?
    Most here adore this run, but for me, it doesn't hold a candle to something like the earliest arcs of "Ultimate Spider-Man".

I agree with Doctor Gregatron about the size of the book.

The original Hobgoblin run. Really great stuff that went downhill a few years after Stern left. I always felt that Stern wrote a more mature Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    The ASM issues in the Stern omnibus are some of the best post-Stan Lee ASM and certainly some of the last decent art in ASM for decades to come. The PPTSS aren't nearly as good, though. It's a shame they didn't split this book into two volumes, because it's size makes it hard to recommend.
    Totally agree. In fact, I didn't realize that he wrote those PPTSS until I got the book. After reading them, I think he was geting his feet wet and a feel for the character. It also felt like maybe he was filling in. By the time he got to ASM, he had taken control of the character. Truly owned Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by 39steps View Post
    Hey Canucked, any chance of updating the Upcoming Omnibus Release Dates on the second post?

It's a handy feature.
    For sure. I kinda grabbed these from various sources. If anyone knows more, which is likely, let me know if it's wrong or if I'm missing anything. I really have no idea about dates since I shop on Amazon. Also, I'm not including that Marvel and DC Omnibus. That thing was never goin

02/16/16 - Superior Foes of Spider-man
    02/16/16 - Uncanny X-Men Volume 3
    03/02/16 - Daredevil by Frank Miller *Reprint
    03/02/16 - Electra *Reprint
    03/15/16 - Captain America omnibus vol 2
    04/06/16 - Marvel Universe by John Byrne
    04/06/16 - Daredevil Companion *Reprint
    04/06/16 - Age of Apocalypse *Reprint
    05/04/16 - Amazing Spider-Man Volume 1 *Reprint
    05/04/16 - Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett and Lanning
    05/04/16 - Uncanny X-Men Volume 1 Reprint
    06/01/16 - Master of Kung Fu Omnibus vol 1
    06/01/16 - Squadron Supreme Classic Omnibus
    07/19/16 - Avengers by John Byrne Omnibus
    07/19/16 - Deadpool Minibus *Reprint
    08/16/16 - Spider-Man by McFarlane
    09/07/16 - Master of Kung Fu Volume 2
    10/04/16 - Dr Strange Omnibus
    11/15/16 - Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu Volume 1

Unknown - Master of Kung Fu Future Volumes
    Unknown - Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Volumes 1 and 2

02/16/16 - Captain America The Vibranium Collection
    06/01/16 - Stan Lee Marvel Treasury Edition Slipcase

If someone could spot me the direct dates for Dr Strange and Spider-man by McFarlane, I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by Canucked; 02-15-2016 at 08:58 AM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Fantastic Member

Those are the ones I am looking forward to. I have never read a single issue of Master, but people seem to be so emphatic about it that I am excited for it. I didn't know Deadly Hands was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    If someone could spot me the direct dates for Dr Strange and Spider-man by McFarlane, I would appreciate it.
    Hachette has dates for Dr Strange Omnibus as 4th October and Spider-Man by McFarlane Omnibus as 16th August.

...literally every date on here is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    For sure. I kinda grabbed these from various sources. If anyone knows more, which is likely, let me know if it's wrong or if I'm missing anything. I really have no idea about dates since I shop on Amazon. Also, I'm not including that Marvel and DC Omnibus. That thing was never going to happen. Amazon should remove the listing.

03/02/16 - Daredevil by Frank Miller *Reprint
    03/02/16 - Electra *Reprint
    04/06/16 - Marvel Universe by John Byrne
    04/06/16 - Daredevil Companion *Reprint
    04/06/16 - Age of Apocalypse *Reprint
    05/04/16 - Amazing Spider-Man Volume 1 *Reprint
    05/04/16 - Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett and Lanning
    05/04/16 - Uncanny X-Men Volume 1 Reprint
    07/19/16 - Deadpool Minibus *Reprint

Unknown - Master of Kung Fu Future Volumes

02/16/16 - Captain America The Vibranium Collection
    06/01/16 - Stan Lee Marvel Treasury Edition Slipcase

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    How helpful. Thanks!
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by X-CAR View Post
    Hachette has dates for Dr Strange Omnibus as 4th October and Spider-Man by McFarlane Omnibus as 16th August.
    Added, thanks!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Would you mind posting the right dates then? Would spare Canucked a ton of extra work I'm sure
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thanks Canucked for those dates. They give us a good idea of when to expect the upcoming Omnibusses. Appreciate it mate

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks Canucked for those dates. They give us a good idea of when to expect the upcoming Omnibusses. Appreciate it mate
    No problemo.

And I can update any dates later when I can sit and look them up. Wanted a rough idea and welcome any input on the list. I'm not even sure if I remembered them all.

Also, Happy valentine's day everyone!

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Would you mind posting the right dates then? Would spare Canucked a ton of extra work I'm sure
    Generally speaking Amazon dates are a fortnight after the comic store release dates.

What I like about it is that there is nothing *special* about it at all. Its Peter Parker, scrambling to be a hero, make rent, dodge onlookers, woo women, deal with super villains, deal with university...

Its the Spider-Man you end up comparing everything else to because it the way you always think about Spider-Man.