Page 685 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1855856356756816826836846856866876886896957357851185 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,275 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Not sure whether to ask this here or in the Star Wars forum, but I'll try here first. Do the 2 Gillen Darth Vader OHC's include exactly the same material as the new Darth Vader omnibus?
    Yes, they contain the same contents.

It's another Hawkeye situation. Glue two OHCs together write omnibus on the spine and charge a mark up.

Spectacular Member

random unrelated complaint:

why has Marvel abandoned Marvel Team-Up masterworks editions? If you like early 70's Spider-man, these are stories you want to have.
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Yes, they contain the same contents.

It's another Hawkeye situation. Glue two OHCs together write omnibus on the spine and charge a mark up.
    Thanks. I'll be getting the OHCs then me thinks
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    random unrelated complaint:

why has Marvel abandoned Marvel Team-Up masterworks editions? If you like early 70's Spider-man, these are stories you want to have.
    I'm with you. I have the first 2 volumes and I've been wondering when we'll get Vol. 3. It could very well be around the corner as other volumes have started being solicited which others have been waiting a long time for such as Ka-zar Vol. 2, MTIO Vol. 2 & 3 and Namor Vol. 8. Here's hoping.

Hey, guys. 2 questions:

1. The X-Men Classic Omnibus is shown as UNAVAILABLE at IST. Does that mean that it's already sold out due to pre-orders or will it only become available when it gets released?
    2. How possible is it to find the Captain Britain by Moore and Davis Omnibus still SEALED at ebay? I've managed to find nearly every omnbinus I wanted still with shrink wranp but not this one. Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hey, guys. 2 questions:

1. The X-Men Classic Omnibus is shown as UNAVAILABLE at IST. Does that mean that it's already sold out due to pre-orders or will it only become available when it gets released?
    2. How possible is it to find the Captain Britain by Moore and Davis Omnibus still SEALED at ebay? I've managed to find nearly every omnbinus I wanted still with shrink wranp but not this one. Any help?

Thanks in advance!
    1. The X-Men Classic Omnibus doesn't come out till December.

2. How much you looking to pay? Finding it sealed for cover is highly unlikely. Finding it opened/used for cover is highly unlikely. An ebay search shows the cheapest sold was for 141plus 9 in shipping last week - and that was with a dust jacket tear

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - August 2017

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for August 2017 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven't included any reentries.

68. The Punisher MAX: Complete Collection Vol. 6 - 1,300
    72. Marvel Masterworks: The Avengers HC Vol. 17 - 1,266
    79. Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet OHC Vol. 1 - 1,147
    86. Marvel Masterworks: The Savage She-Hulk HC Vol. 1 - 1,098
    98. Monsters Vol. 2: The Marvel Monsterbus By Lee, Lieber & Kirby - 1,030
    103. Thor Epic Collection Vol. 17: In Mortal Flesh - 991
    104. Loki Journey Into Mystery By Kieron Gillen Omnibus - 990
    113. The Defenders Epic Collection Vol. 7: Ashes, Ashes - 943
    116. The Punisher: Suicide Run TPB - 921
    125. Wolverine By Daniel Way: Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 853
    138. All-New All-Different Avengers OHC Vol. 1 - 786
    160. Planet of the Apes Archive HC Vol. 1: Terror on the Planet of the Apes (Boom) - 729
    179. Sif Journey Into Mystery: Complete Collection - 655
    183. Heroes For Hire By Abnett and Lanning: Complete Collection - 645
    199. Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin TPB - 604
    229. Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Newspaper Comics HC Vol. 4 1983-1984 (IDW) - 549
    235. Shield Hydra Reborn TPB - 531
    251. New Avengers By Bendis: Complete Collection Vol. 7 - 497
    259. Marvel Universe By Chris Claremont Omnibus - 483
    285. Avengers The Initiative: Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 428

For the sake of comparison, DC's Omnibus sales in August:
    101. Legion of Super Heroes The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,001
    175. New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 1 (2nd Printing) - 676

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    2. How much you looking to pay? Finding it sealed for cover is highly unlikely. Finding it opened/used for cover is highly unlikely. An ebay search shows the cheapest sold was for 141plus 9 in shipping last week - and that was with a dust jacket tear
    Lol - I think that was MY purchase last July!
    Captain Britain Omnibus was my last big want. Seller wanted £200 for it, but accepted £150 including shipping.
    I spent ages hunting it on eBay for a good price, but everyone wanted in excess of £200 at least.

They didn't come on very often and I don't remember seeing any sealed.
    Last edited by jm21; 09-12-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Oof. No quarter asked, none given.

That being said I'd by almost any of these writer or artist hodge-podge collection once they go on clearance.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

I wanted to buy the planet/world war hulk omnibus but for the money i think im going to stick with the paperbacks.
    I am looking at getting these trades.
    Planet Hulk Prelude
    Planet Hulk
    World War Hulk

Is there any other trades i should get or those 3 good enough?

Mighty Member

Damn shame that Monsterbus crap (a vol 2 no less!) pushes more units than JiM. It's a modern classic, and deserves to be owned in the best format available

Also thought there'd be more demand for NTT, especially the way the original 1st volume was built
    Last edited by awayne83; 09-12-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Damn shame that Monsterbus crap (a vol 2 no less!) pushes more units than JiM. It's a modern classic, and deserves to be owned in the best format available

Also thought there'd be more demand for NTT, especially the way the original 1st volume was built
    Yes, I also thought that was a low number for the Loki Omni. It may be that not enough were ordered as I noticed that IST went out of stock relatively quickly after it premiered, only to get more in a week or two later. It may very well get a reentry next month.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Lol - I think that was MY purchase last July!
    Captain Britain Omnibus was my last big want. Seller wanted £200 for it, but accepted £150 including shipping.
    I spent ages hunting it on eBay for a good price, but everyone wanted in excess of £200 at least.

They didn't come on very often and I don't remember seeing any sealed.
    Yeah I was lucky, I nabbed it not too long after it went oop for just under cover price. The variant cover goes for a lot more too

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Yeah I was lucky, I nabbed it not too long after it went oop for just under cover price. The variant cover goes for a lot more too
    Is the variant his original uniform or his better known Excalibur era outfit?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The complete estimated comic book sales figures for August 2017 are in ....
    86. Marvel Masterworks: The Savage She-Hulk HC Vol. 1 - 1,098
    98. Monsters Vol. 2: The Marvel Monsterbus By Lee, Lieber & Kirby - 1,030
    104. Loki Journey Into Mystery By Kieron Gillen Omnibus - 990
    116. The Punisher: Suicide Run TPB - 921
    179. Sif Journey Into Mystery: Complete Collection - 655

For the sake of comparison, DC's Omnibus sales in August:
    101. Legion of Super Heroes The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,001
    I'm stoked that the Monsters vol.2 Omni sold that well. I know some think it's a head scratcher but I feel it shows there is a fanbase for these fantasy/sci-fi generic tales as told by the Legends of the Industry. I suspect random creative team on 50s era books would not do well, still it's Stan Lee and as evidenced Stan still sells books. Stan is The Man!
    I didn't buy it but glad to see Savage She-Hulk MMW come in high. I've got those singles and enjoy them. Hope it bodes well for an Omni of the material a few years down as I'd snatch that up, sell my singles.
    JiM: Loki, thought this would come in higher. I bought it as a blind buy(not started it yet) but have heard so much hype on it I figured it would be a 1600unit mover. Vocal minority?
    Punisher Suicide Run TPB I feel that's a strong number and likely a precursor to the numbers we'll see this time in October on the Ennis reprint and Back to the War Omnis. I expect one or both will be 1500 units+ With the Punisher Netflix show I think we may see additional Omnis of "Modern Age" Punisher coming at us. I say Modern Age but mean 90s era as I firmly believe 90s era & Modern Age are now separate but I digress.
    JiM: Sif TPB - If this had been just an OHC I would've gotten it. Trying to minimize my TPBs at this point. I enjoyed her run and was bummed all those SJW shouting for good female titles didn't stay with this so it would have had a longer run. I guess her run at the title was just too much ahead of the Millennial Diversity Push train.
    Marvel Universe by Chris Claremont - OUCH, but not surprised. I enjoy Claremont as I'm sure many do but I feel most want/expect an Omni's theme to be character/team driven so as to show progression of a certain property. Which is why Punisher Back to the War is going to do well. This and Mavel Now along with Marvel 90s Firsts are the worst type of Omnis cause it's not what the market for these books wants. The units moved bears that out. I wouldn't even get the book at ridiculous clearance. I passed on Mavel Now Omni when it was $6 on Amazon in a glitch, waste of shelf space.

Legion of Super Heroes: Silver Age Omni (DC) - I went back & forth on this but ultimately decided to get it cause it's price for content was reasonable. It's a blind buy and I must be single buyer who pushed it just over the mark to 1001 units!! LOL!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime