Page 1312 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 31281212121262130213081309131013111312131313141315131613221362 ... LastLast
Results 19,666 to 19,680 of 20773
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    His entire solo series, to start with.

If anything it feels like they're padding this out when all the solo material could easy be a single volume.

But then i'm not a fan of the approach of including two or three issues of Avengers or Fantastic Four or other ongoing books. Reading them out of the context of a larger storyline doesn't tell you much about the character.
    And are there any creators of that solo series that might be problematic? So problematic that most publishers steer clear of reprinting any of their material? As I said, the volume two raises questions about what would be included.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    And are there any creators of that solo series that might be problematic? So problematic that most publishers steer clear of reprinting any of their material? As I said, the volume two raises questions about what would be included.
    Oh, I see what you mean, sorry.

Yeah my guess is at some point before it releases they will take the "Volume 1" off the book and just leave it as a standalone omni.

Spectacular Member

I am stumped at some of these omni choices that are being approved before Stern Avengers, Gruenwald Cap, Defalco Thor, Peter David Spidey, and Dematties Spidey(Spec and ASM before Clone Saga and Spec run after Clone Saga before 1998 reboot)

2 more omnis coming in August 2023.

The first is a character focused volume 1. It does raise questions about what a volume 2 would contain.

The second is a volume 2 in an existing line.
    I like the first one, but I really think Avengers #154-159 should be included. Simon has just awakened from his years-long slumber and in 155 he knocks out Namor, 157 fights the Stone Knight, 158 he fights Vision and in 159 fights Graviton stating that after he was "defeted by the Stone Knight his power mysteriously increased back to what it was long ago". Simon was integral to the Avengers during all of these issues.

I wish someone would tell Omar and maybe he can get Marvel to add them.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    I am stumped at some of these omni choices that are being approved before Stern Avengers, Gruenwald Cap, Defalco Thor, Peter David Spidey, and Dematties Spidey(Spec and ASM before Clone Saga and Spec run after Clone Saga before 1998 reboot)
    Right there with you!

Stern's Avengers run not getting the omnibus treatment is almost laughable at this point.

Good news on the Hellion hardcover is, unlike what was said in the solicitations, it actually includes issues 5 & 6.

Spectacular Member

Would also be great to get a Mega Omni of George Perez's 80s run on Avengers 141-162, 167-177, 192-202. Even though he didn't finish the Korvac Saga it would be great to have that in here for story completion purposes and 192-193 is by a different artist but it plugs a hole, 163 and 178-180 are garbage though. It would be awesome to have that era in an omni as the byrne issues 164-166, 181-191 are in the Marvel Universe by Byrne omni 1.

Astonishing Member

2 more omnis coming in August 2023.

The first is a character focused volume 1. It does raise questions about what a volume 2 would contain.

The second is a volume 2 in an existing line.
    Coming in August 2023

WONDER MAN OMNIBUS VOLUME 1 collecting: Avengers (1963) 9, 52, 131-132, 151-153, 160; Giant Size Avengers (no issue given, probably #3 history of the vision), Marvel Team-Up (1972) 78, 136; Marvel Premiere (1972) 558; Marvel Two in One (1974) 78; Wonder Man (1986) 1; material from Avengers Annual (1967) 6, Solo Avengers (1987) 13, Marvel Comics Presents (1988) 38-45; Marvel Super Heroes (1990) 4

and

WHAT IF?: INTO THE MULTIVERSE OMNIBUS VOLUME 2 collecting: What If? (1989) 40-75

Both Wonder Man and What If? season 2 are coming to Disney+, so these are tying into the releases.

A Wonder Man Volume 2 would cover the time of Simon's solo series from the 1990s. Since the writer of that series is in prison currently, most publishers have avoided reprinting any of his material. But I did read that the royalties for any reprints would go to a victims charity instead. Perhaps Marvel may use "The Original Writer" credit for this.

A third volume for What If? would finish up the 1989 series. Any further volumes would be needed for the various specials released over the years.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A Wonder Man Volume 2 would cover the time of Simon's solo series from the 1990s. Since the writer of that series is in prison currently, most publishers have avoided reprinting any of his material. But I did read that the royalties for any reprints would go to a victims charity instead. Perhaps Marvel may use "The Original Writer" credit for this.
    Is this charity newly instated? If not then other publishers should be printing work done by him to intentionally bolster this charity fund for those victims.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is this charity newly instated? If not then other publishers should be printing work done by him to intentionally bolster this charity fund for those victims.
    No idea. I read it on a Reddit thread, so this is completely unverified.

As much as I love Wondy, I won't be buying this unless those missing issues (#154-#159) are added. These are major highlights for Simon.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

So far, no sign of Spider-Girl: The Complete Collection Volume 6. They are usually published in the spring. I’m getting concerned. We only need two more volumes to complete the series, then two of Amazing Spider-Girl and one of Spectacular Spider-Girl. It’s also disappointing that these collections haven’t led to a new Mayday series by Tom Defalco. I’d love a new one that functions as a direct sequel to Spectacular Spider-Girl and ignores or erases the vile events of Spider-Verse.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    It's not that I don't like the line. It's just that out of all the series from that line that could have gotten the omni treatment the one they chose would most likely have come in dead last for me
    Ok, I agree with that. I don't even remember Sigil, as my favourites were Scion and Sojourn