Page 1377 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 377877127713271367137313741375137613771378137913801381 ... LastLast
Results 20,641 to 20,655 of 20773

I have been a little lazy with my collecting and finally trying to catch up...

What is everyone's game plan with the upcoming "X-Factor: Original X-Men" & "X-Men: Mutant Massacre Prelude" Omnibus'?

The only early issues of X-Factor not currently in oversized format will be collected in both of these releases.

But regardless, both are double dips...Mutant Massacre Prelude is just Uncanny X-Men Volume 5 with the added X-Factor issues, and X-Factor: Original X-Men is mostly already collected in oversized event omnibus'.

What's everyone preferred book? Anyone going for both?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I have been a little lazy with my collecting and finally trying to catch up...

What is everyone's game plan with the upcoming "X-Factor: Original X-Men" & "X-Men: Mutant Massacre Prelude" Omnibus'?

The only early issues of X-Factor not currently in oversized format will be collected in both of these releases.

But regardless, both are double dips...Mutant Massacre Prelude is just Uncanny X-Men Volume 5 with the added X-Factor issues, and X-Factor: Original X-Men is mostly already collected in oversized event omnibus'.

What's everyone preferred book? Anyone going for both?
    It depends how you want your mutant titles collected. If you are collecting by event and have the Mutant Massacre omni, then pick up Prelude to Mutant Massacre. It fills the gap between Uncanny volume 4 and Mutant Massacre omnis. If you are collecting by titles, then get Uncanny vol 5 and X-Factor Vol 1.

The downside of getting by event is that the lines have some gaps in them. Inferno Aftermath, X-Tinction Agenda, and Days of Future Present are all missing in omni. If you buy by title, then there will be double dipping in crossovers like Inferno.

Astonishing Member

AUGUST 2024
    Deadpool and Cable Modern Era Vol 1: Ballistic Bromance

OCTOBER 2024
    Star Wars Legends: The New Republic Vol 8

NOVEMBER 2024
    Captain America Vol 16: Streets of Poison (reprint)
    Star Wars Legends Original Marvel Years: Droids and Ewoks
    Amazing Spider-Man Vol 28: Web of Life, Web of Death (note that the mapping is slightly different from the complete Clone saga)
    Avengers Vol 13: Season of the Witch
    Thor Vol 10: Eternals Saga
    Spider-Girl Modern Era Vol 5: Keeping the Faith (picking up where complete collection vol 4 ended)
    Star Wars Darth Vader Modern Era Vol 1: Shadows and Secrets

DECEMBER 2024
    Star Wars Legends The Empire Vol 2 (reprint)
    Note: Captain America Vol 17: The Superia Strategy reprint had been previously announced but has been taken off the schedule
    Hawkeye Vol 4: Shafted (previously announced, moved to December)
    New Avengers Modern Era Vol 2: Civil War (previously announced, moved to December)
    Iron Man Modern Era Vol 4: Stark Disassembled
    Silver Surfer Vol 8: The Herald Ordeal (previously announced a while back, but kept being moved back)
    Excalibur Vol 5: Days of Future Yet To Come
    X-Men Vol 10: God Loves, Man Kills

JANUARY 2025
    Iron Man vol 13: Stark Wars (reprint)
    Blade Vol 2: Nightstalkers (previously announced, moved to January)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Modern Era Vol 2: War of Kings
    Thor Modern Era Vol 2: Siege of Asgard
    X-Factor Vol 10: Wreaking Havok
    X-Force Vol 4: Toy Soldiers
    Marvel Two In One Vol 3: Remembrance of Things Past

Covers and content in the video.

Mighty Member

Great batch here. Getting Spider-girl, Silver Surfer, Avengers, Excalibur, and might get X-Men 10 as a replacement for kinda worn copies of Wolverine and Ashes to Ashes.

I have questions about how they're collecting X-Force (and Cable). These issues of Cable don't need to be in this X-Force collection at all, and we're not getting the other two Phalanx Covenant issues instead. This is somewhat irrelevant to me (I'm not downgrading on my omnis), but it's just a weird choice. I think breaking at does 39 makes some sense - Reignfire really picks up leading into and after the Age of Apocalypse, so it'll be good to have all that in one volume. We'll have X-Force 40-66 left in Epic Collection format for volumes 5 and 6. Separately, we're missing Cable 40-44, X-Force 62-65, Cable/X-Force Ann '97, Cable -1 and maybe Domino 1-3 from what should have been the last fat Cable & X-Force volume that'd have run up to Operation: Zero Tolerance. If we can get those 6 issues of Cable in X-Force Epic v6, then WOO HOO. If, instead, they decide to pad out the 27 issues of X-Force left with extraneous Onslaught stuff and orphan Cable 40-44, I'm going to be really upset. Oh, well
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Great batch here. Getting Spider-girl, Silver Surfer, Avengers, Excalibur, and might get X-Men 10 as a replacement for kinda worn copies of Wolverine and Ashes to Ashes.

I have questions about how they're collecting X-Force (and Cable). These issues of Cable don't need to be in this X-Force collection at all, and we're not getting the other two Phalanx Covenant issues instead. This is somewhat irrelevant to me (I'm not downgrading on my omnis), but it's just a weird choice. I think breaking at does 39 makes some sense - Reignfire really picks up leading into and after the Age of Apocalypse, so it'll be good to have all that in one volume. We'll have X-Force 40-66 left in Epic Collection format for volumes 5 and 6. Separately, we're missing Cable 40-44, X-Force 62-65, Cable/X-Force Ann '97, Cable -1 and maybe Domino 1-3 from what should have been the last fat Cable & X-Force volume that'd have run up to Operation: Zero Tolerance. If we can get those 6 issues of Cable in X-Force Epic v6, then WOO HOO. If, instead, they decide to pad out the 27 issues of X-Force left with extraneous Onslaught stuff and orphan Cable 40-44, I'm going to be really upset. Oh, well
    I would imagine that Cable would get a separate Epic collection line that focused on his solo title.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Waiting on the Silver Surfer Epics to become Omnibus solicits.
    I'm kind of hoping for one as early as 2025 now that so much of this series has been collected.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Waiting on the Silver Surfer Epics to become Omnibus solicits.
    I'm kind of hoping for one as early as 2025 now that so much of this series has been collected.
    I’m waiting for the Stan Lee solo run which has already been released in omnibus form to be released as Vol 2 of the Epic line
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I would imagine that Cable would get a separate Epic collection line that focused on his solo title.
    I'm not betting on that happening soon, sadly. I doubt they'll start Cable before they finish X-Force (3 or 5 left depending on how they deal with X-Statix).

Somewhat related, New Mutants is almost done, Gen X needs two, Excalibur needs two, X-Force needs three (let's pretend X-Statix will be its own thing), and X-Factor needs three or four. I wonder if they'll start a bunch more Modern X-Epics as they burn through the 80s and 90s titles

Amazing Member

I think that is works as a possible Marvel Epic Collections Hawkeye Volume 3

Marvel Epic Collections Hawkeye Volume 3
    Contains Avengers Spotlight 22-36 (Minus 35,37,38,39,40) Material from Avengers West Coast 100(And Make Death Proud to Take Us!), Force Works 12, War Machine 15, Iron Man 317 (War Machine Brothers in Arms) Marvel Comics Presents 159-161

And yes, I did not see a Marvel Epic Collections Hawkeye Volume 3, so I did my own also I may have missed a story.
    Last edited by Dr. No Good; 02-09-2024 at 03:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    I think that is works as a possible Marvel Epic Collections Hawkeye Volume 3

Marvel Epic Collections Hawkeye Volume 3
    Contains Avengers Spotlight 22-36 (Minus 35,37,38,39,40) Material from Avengers West Coast 100(And Make Death Proud to Take Us!), Force Works 12, War Machine 15, Iron Man 317 (War Machine Brothers in Arms) Marvel Comics Presents 159-161

And yes, I did not see a Marvel Epic Collections Hawkeye Volume 3, so I did my own also I may have missed a story.
    Volume 4 has Marvel Comics Presents 159-161. There is a Hawkeye story in Marvel Comics Presents 83 that can be added.

Astonishing Member

One reprint and one new omnibus.

I'm guessing the new omni is a gap filler for a lot of collectors.

Definitely getting the DM cover for both.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Incredible Member

Thank Jesus for the X-men Milestones trades from a few years back that collected all X events with just the main issues. Happy for those that want them, but I will never ever buy these padded-to-hell-and-back event omnis where I just don't care for large chunks of the collected issues.

Mighty Member

I have the first and the OHC of the second and don't feel like that's sufficient to switch out. Glad for those that have been wanting that story in the OHC format, though!

Astonishing Member

Coming in December 2024

spoilers:
    X-FORCE VOLUME 1 (Reprint)

Collecting: New Mutants #98–100, Annual #7; New Warriors Annual #1; X-Men Annual #15; X-Factor Annual #6; X-Force (1991) #1–15, Annual #1; Spider-Man #16; Cable: Blood & Metal #1–2
    end of spoilers

and coming in October 2024

spoilers:
    X-MEN: X-TINCTION AGENDA OMNIBUS

Collecting: Uncanny X-Men (1981) #270-272, New Mutants (1983) #95-97, X-Factor (1986) #60-62, X-Men Annual (1970) #14-15, X-Men: Spotlight on Starjammers (1990) #1-2; material from Fantastic Four Annual (1963) #23; New Mutants Annual (1984) #6-7; X-Factor Annual (1986) #5-6; New Warriors Annual (1991) #1; Marvel Comics Presents (1988) #10-17, 24-32, 41, 43, 48-49; Marvel Super-Heroes (1990) #2, 6-8; Marvel Holiday Special (1991) #1; Marvel Tales (1964) #262
    end of spoilers