Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    It's taken about three years for Marvel to put out eight Conan omnis, but after 20 years, we're still only on volumes four & five for characters like Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men. Nothing against Conan, but why not get their top characters released at the same rate?
    Pretty sure its a licensing thing they do not own Conan like the other marvel books so they have a limited release window with the license. That is why they are already on Aliens Omnibus vol 4 also as far as I know.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

It's taken about three years for Marvel to put out eight Conan omnis, but after 20 years, we're still only on volumes four & five for characters like Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men. Nothing against Conan, but why not get their top characters released at the same rate?
    Yeah it's pretty annoying. My eyes just glaze over the plethora of Conan releases every month. He's practically Marvel's Batman at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Pretty sure its a licensing thing they do not own Conan like the other marvel books so they have a limited release window with the license. That is why they are already on Aliens Omnibus vol 4 also as far as I know.
    I'm sure you're right. While I'm sure they must be doing decent enough numbers to justify the quantity and frequency, there's still no way any Conan book is going to outsell a Spider-Man or X-Men release - even if they're reprints.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yeah it's pretty annoying. My eyes just glaze over the plethora of Conan releases every month. He's practically Marvel's Batman at this point.

I'm sure you're right. While I'm sure they must be doing decent enough numbers to justify the quantity and frequency, there's still no way any Conan book is going to outsell a Spider-Man or X-Men release - even if they're reprints.
    Is it because the Conan license may run out so they're trying to make as much cash as they can now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Pretty much. Shang Chi got 4 Master of Kung Fu and 2 Deadly Hands of Kung Fu omnibi released from June 2016 through October 2017. the Fu Manchu connection made these issues licensed material.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yeah it's pretty annoying. My eyes just glaze over the plethora of Conan releases every month. He's practically Marvel's Batman at this point. .
    I wish I could get Post Crisis Batman omnis coming out at the rate of these Conan Omnis. Oooh, or Triangle Era Superman Omnis!

Astonishing Member

I wish I could get Post Crisis Batman omnis coming out at the rate of these Conan Omnis. Oooh, or Triangle Era Superman Omnis!
    or

The pre Geoff Johns Wally West run

or

The Zero Hour Legion of Superheroes

or

All the John Ostrander material like Suicide Squad, The Spectre, Martian Manhunter, etc.

or

L.E.G.I.O.N. '89 - '94

or

Robin/Nightwing/Birds of Prey by Chuck Dixon

or

Legends of the Dark Knight

or

all of the above and I'm going to stop listing stuff since I'm making myself sad.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Is there an X-men Inferno collection without the other crossover stories? I just want to read the X-men parts but the Omni contains stories I really don't care about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Is there an X-men Inferno collection without the other crossover stories? I just want to read the X-men parts but the Omni contains stories I really don't care about.
    There an OHC and TPB with just the X-Terminators mini, X-Men, X-Factor, and New Mutants.

Incredible Member

Originally there were two OHCs, Inferno (containing mostly just the UXM, New Mutants, and X-Factor chapters) and Inferno Crossovers (…what it says on the tin). When Marvel turned it into an omni, they combined the two. So theoretically you could just buy the Inferno OHC, but it’s insanely OOP. Maybe prices have gone down since the omni came out, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Originally there were two OHCs, Inferno (containing mostly just the UXM, New Mutants, and X-Factor chapters) and Inferno Crossovers (…what it says on the tin). When Marvel turned it into an omni, they combined the two. So theoretically you could just buy the Inferno OHC, but it’s insanely OOP. Maybe prices have gone down since the omni came out, but I doubt it.
    I thought I saw somewhere the inferno ohc was being reprinted.

Incredible Member

For a lot of the X-men crossovers I just have the Milestones editions, as they cut out a lot of chaffe. For Inferno I could not in good conscience buy the latest omni as it just had sooooo much stuff I had no interest in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    STRANGE ACADEMY: FIRST CLASS OHC
    Collecting STRANGE ACADEMY #1-6.
    312 PGS./Rated T+ …$44.99
    Really wish this were the entire first year instead. I'm greatly enjoying this book.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Really wish this were the entire first year instead. I'm greatly enjoying this book.
    Given the rest of the info in the blurb, I'm pretty sure that's a typo, and this contains 12 issues or more.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Given the rest of the info in the blurb, I'm pretty sure that's a typo, and this contains 12 issues or more.
    Ah yes I see that now. Fingers crossed then.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    For a lot of the X-men crossovers I just have the Milestones editions, as they cut out a lot of chaffe. For Inferno I could not in good conscience buy the latest omni as it just had sooooo much stuff I had no interest in.
    I might start doing this honestly. A lot of the Omnis have unnecessary padding. I'm gonna get the Mutant Massacre Omni and the Inferno Prologue but after that, I think I'm gonna be done with the crossover Claremont Omni's and just finish them in trades.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 11-23-2021 at 03:17 AM.