Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Coming this November from a galaxy far, far away
    Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters - Contains WofBH: Alpha, 1-5, Jabba the Hutt, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Boushh and IG-88, Star Wars (2020) #13-18, Bounty Hunters #12-17, Darth Vader (2020) #13-18, Doctor Aphra (2020) #10-15

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters - Contains WofBH: Alpha, 1-5, Jabba the Hutt, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Boushh and IG-88, Star Wars (2020) #13-18, Bounty Hunters #12-17, Darth Vader (2020) #13-18, Doctor Aphra (2020) #10-15
    Anyone recommend it? I've been collecting the SW Omnibuses so I'm thinking of getting this. However, my fear is that double dipping may occur in future Omnibuses such as Doctor Aphra Vol. 2 and possible other Omnibuses such as Bounty Hunters, Darth Vader and so on.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Anyone recommend it? I've been collecting the SW Omnibuses so I'm thinking of getting this. However, my fear is that double dipping may occur in future Omnibuses such as Doctor Aphra Vol. 2 and possible other Omnibuses such as Bounty Hunters, Darth Vader and so on.
    I doubt all the series will get omnibus. Maybe Darth Vader, star wars or Dr aphra could, but probably the rest will never be collected in oversized format
    I will buy it, as it's an event and for some reason marvel is not collecting most of the series in hardcovers.

Incredible Member

Back when Marvel started publishing SW comics again I remember enjoying the first few trades of the SW and Vader run, and I have been picking up the rest of them over the last couple of months. I held up on getting the War of the Bounty Hunters trades though cuz I had a gut feeling the Omni would be announced this year. Seems I was right.
    Also happy it's not a monster of a book, size wise.

Incredible Member

Man I have been trying to cut back on Omnis due to space concerns primarily and Marvel just keeps helping me out so much. There are a few open omnibus lines I will close out, but most of the latest announcements have been easy passes due to MU and lack of interest in the other material. I will gladly keep on with MMW as they are reaching the pinnacle of the Marvel mythos IMO and be happy with digital after that I think. The biggest reason I have open Omni lines is coming late to the MMW format and just wanting to connect a few lines to where I have the early Omnis and the later MMW. My wallet and walls are thanking you Marvel CE Department.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    I doubt all the series will get omnibus. Maybe Darth Vader, star wars or Dr aphra could, but probably the rest will never be collected in oversized format
    I will buy it, as it's an event and for some reason marvel is not collecting most of the series in hardcovers.
    If they produce Omnibuses for Dr Aphra, Darth Vader and the main Star Wars series, that would only leave Bounty Hunters right? The way they've been churning out the SW Omnibuses, I would think we would eventually see everything Omnibused, even Bounty Hunters, no?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    If they produce Omnibuses for Dr Aphra, Darth Vader and the main Star Wars series, that would only leave Bounty Hunters right? The way they've been churning out the SW Omnibuses, I would think we would eventually see everything Omnibused, even Bounty Hunters, no?
    There is already a new crossover going on in the SW books, and I believe the plan is to follow that up with yet another crossover. So we might just get 2 more event Omnis.
    I think that might speak against getting solo Omnis, unless they skip the crossover issues.

Incredible Member

Might get that Spidey 2099 book; pass on the rest. Never read anything from the 2099 world.

I like PAD, though I really only got into him with X-Factor Investigations; the first Hulk omni was difficult to get through.

Yesterday's announcements were for:

Amazing Spider-Man by Nick Spencer Volume 1- Contains Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #1-43, 16.HU, 18.HU - 20.HU; Amazing Spider-Man: Full Circle, material from Free Comic Book Day 2018

and

Spider-Man 2099 Volume 1 - Contains Spider-Man 2099 (1992) #1-46, Annual #1, Ravage 2099 #15, X-Men 2099 #5, Doom 2099 #14, Punisher 2099 #13, Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man, and Spider-Man 2099 Special
    It feels weird as a Spidey fan but I'm going to pass on both of these. I enjoyed the Spencer run well enough but I'm fine with my paperbacks. I'm in fact trying to downgrade my Absolute Carnage omnibus to paperback lol. And 2099 just isn't my particular cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Of course. Only a month after I bought a not-so-gently-used copy for just under cover price...
    Your sacrifice will not go unnoticed as others will be thanking you as you made the reprint happen

It amazes me to see Conan up to volume 8 coming out yet the big core Marvel titles are not even past volume 5 with some not even at volume 4.

Granted I have been out of the game for a few years now but Is Conan that much of a big seller?

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    It amazes me to see Conan up to volume 8 coming out yet the big core Marvel titles are not even past volume 5 with some not even at volume 4.

Granted I have been out of the game for a few years now but Is Conan that much of a big seller?
    They are trying to get as many out as possible before their license runs out
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    They are trying to get as many out as possible before their license runs out
    Thanks ARkadelphia,

Didn’t Marvel regain the rights just a few years ago? Why such a short stint?

Makes complete sense then putting everything out as fast as possible from omnibuses to epic collections to TPB’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post

You coming back to us, Omnibus? If you do, bring merrick with you.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    There is already a new crossover going on in the SW books, and I believe the plan is to follow that up with yet another crossover. So we might just get 2 more event Omnis.
    I think that might speak against getting solo Omnis, unless they skip the crossover issues.
    I would go the Omnibus event route for SW if I knew all the isues were covered in them. My fear is that they won't be. Sigh, I'll probably end up preordering the War of the Bounty Hunters Omnibus.