Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Happy I just picked up the BWS cover for the Wolvie 2 omnibus at IST.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I've never really got why anyone cares which cover they get on an Omnibus. Its the cheapest bit of the book, being a flimsy wraparound- I normally take them off in any case as they nearly always get crumpled whilst reading. I don't display the books with the cover on show either.
    I take them off when reading but keep them on for display. I often have a preference on covers and will choose accordingly, but I’d never pay more for one over another or avoid buying one cover in hopes of getting another.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

All-New Member

Long time listener, first time poster. Just stumbled across a hardcover for Gerry Duggan's Cable on Amazon and was curious if this was already a known thing:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Gerry-D...8208263&sr=8-2

Seems pretty strange considering the announced Hellions HC isn't up there yet. I'm obsessed with both the Hickman Era X-Men and the crazy colors on the spines of these HC collections, so I've been checking for news on them pretty often, and this was a surprise for me. It also makes me convinced that at this point we're going to get an Omni each for X-Force and New Mutants rather than two smaller HCs, but that's a different rabbit hole.

Incredible Member

Has IST still not gotten the full Marvel shipment for this week? I don't want to miss the Death of Cap omni.

Edit: they're up.
    Last edited by newparisian; 08-06-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrGeneric View Post
    Long time listener, first time poster. Just stumbled across a hardcover for Gerry Duggan's Cable on Amazon and was curious if this was already a known thing:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Gerry-D...8208263&sr=8-2

Seems pretty strange considering the announced Hellions HC isn't up there yet. I'm obsessed with both the Hickman Era X-Men and the crazy colors on the spines of these HC collections, so I've been checking for news on them pretty often, and this was a surprise for me. It also makes me convinced that at this point we're going to get an Omni each for X-Force and New Mutants rather than two smaller HCs, but that's a different rabbit hole.
    Cable ohc appeared as a surprise in hachete catalog and in a Near Mint Condition video, but I think it wasn't mentioned here.

About xforce and new mutants, is very weird that they haven't gotten ohc yet, but I'm not convinced about them getting an omnibus. X-Men is getting an Omnibus because the series is ending, and what was going to be an ohc turned into an Omnibus, but xforce and new mutants are still going. I still think xforce at least will get an ohc, but I'm losing hope bit by bit.

Then fallen angels is probably going to be ignored for sure, and maybe x-factor also, as neither of them have been very popular. I hope marvel find a way to publish everything in oversized format but I doubt it will happen

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Has IST still not gotten the full Marvel shipment for this week? I don't want to miss the Death of Cap omni.

Edit: they're up.
    Thanks for the heads up. Was able to get the DM cover ordered.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post

About xforce and new mutants, is very weird that they haven't gotten ohc yet, but I'm not convinced about them getting an omnibus. X-Men is getting an Omnibus because the series is ending, and what was going to be an ohc turned into an Omnibus, but xforce and new mutants are still going. I still think xforce at least will get an ohc, but I'm losing hope bit by bit.

Then fallen angels is probably going to be ignored for sure, and maybe x-factor also, as neither of them have been very popular. I hope marvel find a way to publish everything in oversized format but I doubt it will happen
    You may be right about them not getting Omnis, but my logic / wishful thinking is that the four long-running series could be ending or getting replaced by new titles with volume 4 (lining up with Inferno and however that shakes up the current slate). Since X-Force and New Mutants had less tie in to X of Swords than Excalibur and Marauders, I’m hoping they had an idea of how long they’d run and decided it wasn’t as necessary, or wouldn’t be as cost efficient, to split them into OHCs.

Agreed that I’ll be shocked if they ever collect some of the more ancillary series like Fallen Angels, X-Men/Fantastic Four, Children of the Atom, etc. I wouldn’t be too hurt by those losses, but I’m definitely worried about X-Factor since Trial of Magneto throws a wrench in it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrGeneric View Post
    You may be right about them not getting Omnis, but my logic / wishful thinking is that the four long-running series could be ending or getting replaced by new titles with volume 4 (lining up with Inferno and however that shakes up the current slate). Since X-Force and New Mutants had less tie in to X of Swords than Excalibur and Marauders, I’m hoping they had an idea of how long they’d run and decided it wasn’t as necessary, or wouldn’t be as cost efficient, to split them into OHCs.

Agreed that I’ll be shocked if they ever collect some of the more ancillary series like Fallen Angels, X-Men/Fantastic Four, Children of the Atom, etc. I wouldn’t be too hurt by those losses, but I’m definitely worried about X-Factor since Trial of Magneto throws a wrench in it.
    Hadn't thought about that, but you may be right. We don't know what will happen after Inferno, but it could be a renumbering
    I hope they collect x-factor as they are doing with cable, but I have the feeling that it was planned to run longer and was cancelled, so who knows.

I also wouldn't suffer a lot for children of the atom or fallen angels

Just a heads up guys but several of the omni's scheduled to come out this month have been pushed back. Cap by Remender now scheduled for 8/25, and both Empyre and Daredevil by Soule have been pushed back to November.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Just a heads up guys but several of the omni's scheduled to come out this month have been pushed back. Cap by Remender now scheduled for 8/25, and both Empyre and Daredevil by Soule have been pushed back to November.
    Thanks for the update!

Seems like the 4th Fantastic Four Omnibus is now "TBD"

Astonishing Member

Amazing Spider-Man by JMS volume 1 is getting a reprint next spring.

Per NMC, 2 more whales being reprinted in 2022.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBskJ5RppKo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    Per NMC, 2 more whales being reprinted in 2022.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBskJ5RppKo
    This one I am excited about as I missed out on both the 1st time around.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Six from the Top Ten most wanted Omnibus reprint poll by Omar have now been announced. Still waiting on Immortal Iron Fist which was No. 9.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Six from the Top Ten most wanted Omnibus reprint poll by Omar have now been announced. Still waiting on Immortal Iron Fist which was No. 9.
    Reprints announced:

2. Avengers by Hickman Vol 1
    3. X-Men (Silver Age) Vol 1
    4. Amazing Spider-Man by JMS Vol 1
    6. Avengers by Hickman Vol 2
    7. Darth Vader by Gillen
    8. Fantastic Four by Hickman Vol 2

Omar has all but announced that 1. X-Men Fall of the Mutants is getting a reprint as an omnibus.

War of the Kings is what I'm waiting on right now. If Immortal Iron Fist is reprinted, do you want the original mapping or an expanded mapping to include the Duane Swierczynski material?