Page 1089 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 8958998910391079108510861087108810891090109110921093109911391189 ... LastLast
Results 16,321 to 16,335 of 20754
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    The thing is is that we don’t know that they skipped them because of the Covid disruption. Maybe they were planning to get to them soon, they could be coming in the next few solicitation announcements...
    Might be strategy on Marvel's part to wait on reprinting the SA omnibuses that aren't highly acclaimed / didn't sell too well. The Omnibus market is alot larger now, so if they can get people more invested/purchasing more in a particular line via reprints of the acclaimed/popular stuff first, then that creates a larger potential buyer base for the SA reprints (most people tend to be completists at heart).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Oh I would have thought they would have at least included a One Moment in Time since it is canonically the beginning of Brand New Day
    Like I said, they can still do it. Look at the history of the whole project, which is a hundred issues plus buttload of extras of a polarizing era of Spider-Man already collected in full before. The sales weren't that good from the beginning, but they managed to reach volume 4 with Brand New Day title. What was supposed to be volume 5 eventually came out as a stand alone book (which I think might have also have been considered the Venom movie tie-in, although now I'm not sure, because the title is not as explicit as Spider-Man 2099 collection from the same period). And with that they reached The Gauntlet so they could do a new number one and get a sales boost (which they did). And with that in turn they're so close to the end I'm positive something will come out eventually. Maybe not right away, because with what is going on they had to delay many books and their schedule is full enough through April.

I definitely have more faith in them than I would have in the other publisher.

Incredible Member

So I take it the Uncanny X-Men Omni 3 has been delayed? According to my ToW pre-order it says december (originally it was todays date).
    Not really a big deal though, but this is my first time doing business with them and I would have liked to see what they charge for shipping considering there are other books I would like to pre-order fairly soon as well.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    So I take it the Uncanny X-Men Omni 3 has been delayed? According to my ToW pre-order it says december (originally it was todays date).
    Not really a big deal though, but this is my first time doing business with them and I would have liked to see what they charge for shipping considering there are other books I would like to pre-order fairly soon as well.
    yeah, there have been some delays and push backs. This is what i got from the instocktrades site.

0/21/2020 MAR207189 Plastic Man Rubber Banded Dlx Ed HC DC Comics
    10/21/2020 MAR200608 Absolute Swamp Thing by Alan Moore HC Vol 02 DC Comics
    10/21/2020 MAR200636 DC Poster Portfolio Dceased TP DC Comics
    10/21/2020 MAR200672 DC Graphic Novels for Kids Box Set DC Comics
    10/21/2020 MAR201082 Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus HC Perez Cvr New Ptg Marvel
    10/21/2020 MAR201083 Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus HC Starlin DM Var New Ptg Marvel
    10/21/2020 FEB201041 Marvel Art of Savage Sword of Conan HC Marvel
    10/21/2020 JAN201042 Daredevil Man Without Fear Marvel Select HC Marvel
    10/28/2020 FEB201044 She-Hulk by Dan Slott Omnibus HC Marvel
    10/28/2020 APR201078 Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus HC Vol 02 Keown Hulk Marvel
    10/28/2020 APR201079 Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus HC Vol 02 Keown Anniv Marvel
    10/28/2020 MAR201078 MMW Defenders HC Vol 07 Marvel
    10/28/2020 MAR201079 MMW Defenders HC Vol 07 DM Var Ed 295 Marvel
    10/28/2020 MAR201106 Marvel Art of Mondo TP Poster Book Marvel
    11/4/2020 JUN200542 JLA BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS HC DC Comics
    11/4/2020 FEB201038 Black Panther HC Vol 03 Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda Part One Marvel
    11/4/2020 MAR201077 Marvel Art of Adam Kubert HC Marvel
    11/4/2020 MAR201084 Venomnibus HC Vol 03 Kieth Cvr Marvel
    11/4/2020 MAR201085 Venomnibus HC Vol 03 Deodato Jr DM Var Marvel
    11/11/2020 JUN207134 Teen Titans Raven & Beast Boy HC Box Set DC Comics
    11/11/2020 MAR201080 Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC Vol 02 Immonen Cvr New Ptg Marvel
    11/11/2020 MAR201081 Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC Vol 02 Byrne DM Var New Ptg Marvel
    11/11/2020 MAR201088 Thanos Infinity Saga Omnibus HC Starlin Cvr Marvel
    11/11/2020 MAR201089 Thanos Infinity Saga Omnibus HC DM Keown Var Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201068 Excalibur Omnibus HC Vol 01 Davis First Issue Cvr Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201069 Excalibur Omnibus HC Vol 01 Davis Marvel Age DM Var Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201070 Conan Barbarian by Kurt Busiek Omnibus HC Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201071 Conan Barbarian by Kurt Busiek Omnibus HC Linsner DM Var Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201074 MMW Marvel Two-in-One HC Vol 05 Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201075 MMW Marvel Two-in-One HC Vol 05 DM Var Ed 296 Marvel
    11/18/2020 JUN207113 Blackest Night Brightest Day Box Set DC Comics

I usually don't do pre orders, but saw the Thunderbolts omni on DCBS so had to order it. Been waiting so long for this that I refuse to take chances with getting it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I've had issues with ToW too. I'd never ordered from them from before; usually used IST. Once comics started shipping regularly again around June/July and new books started disappearing way too fast from IST, I decided to use ToW to just pre-order everything I wanted through the end of the year, just to have peace of mind. A large order, mind you. So far, they've told me three books are out of stock (even though they were pre-ordered). I opted to get a refund and buy them from Amazon instead (for zero discount, sigh). However, it's been a couple weeks and the refunds haven't been issued, and my other emails with questions haven't been answered. I'm willing to chalk this up to COVID related logistical issues. But has anyone else had similar issues?

For the order from which the 3 books had gone out-of-stock, they charged my card a month ago for the full amount though.

I'm afraid which other pre-ordered books will go out of stock at ToW. I'm mainly concerned with the UXM omni v1-3 and Busiek Conan.
    Last edited by newparisian; 10-14-2020 at 02:28 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Like I said, they can still do it. Look at the history of the whole project, which is a hundred issues plus buttload of extras of a polarizing era of Spider-Man already collected in full before. The sales weren't that good from the beginning, but they managed to reach volume 4 with Brand New Day title. What was supposed to be volume 5 eventually came out as a stand alone book (which I think might have also have been considered the Venom movie tie-in, although now I'm not sure, because the title is not as explicit as Spider-Man 2099 collection from the same period). And with that they reached The Gauntlet so they could do a new number one and get a sales boost (which they did). And with that in turn they're so close to the end I'm positive something will come out eventually. Maybe not right away, because with what is going on they had to delay many books and their schedule is full enough through April.

I definitely have more faith in them than I would have in the other publisher.
    I never really looked at it in that way.

I never really paid attention to the hoopla around Brand New Day because it was a bit before my time and when I did start reading Spidey it was Ultimate Spidey.

True Marvel does tend to follow through on their collected editions unlike DC which will drop it out of nowhere (I'm looking at you Nightwing *cries softly*)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I usually don't do pre orders, but saw the Thunderbolts omni on DCBS so had to order it. Been waiting so long for this that I refuse to take chances with getting it.
    Likewise I don't either or get large hardcovers/Omni from Amazon but I'm doing something I very, very, very rarely do and get an Omni from Amazon.
    SheHulkAmazon.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just added the Defenders omni to my order. I'm just a sucker for this older material. Now just gotta free up some money for the JLA Omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Just added the Defenders omni to my order. I'm just a sucker for this older material. Now just gotta free up some money for the JLA Omnibus.
    I wish I could buy everything I want. It is really hard to stick to a $300 monthly DCBS budget. I get bored and start researching the other books and then I want them too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I've had issues with ToW too. I'd never ordered from them from before; usually used IST. Once comics started shipping regularly again around June/July and new books started disappearing way too fast from IST, I decided to use ToW to just pre-order everything I wanted through the end of the year, just to have peace of mind. A large order, mind you. So far, they've told me three books are out of stock (even though they were pre-ordered). I opted to get a refund and buy them from Amazon instead (for zero discount, sigh). However, it's been a couple weeks and the refunds haven't been issued, and my other emails with questions haven't been answered. I'm willing to chalk this up to COVID related logistical issues. But has anyone else had similar issues?

For the order from which the 3 books had gone out-of-stock, they charged my card a month ago for the full amount though.

I'm afraid which other pre-ordered books will go out of stock at ToW. I'm mainly concerned with the UXM omni v1-3 and Busiek Conan.
    Anyone else having / had similar issues with TOW/IST/DCBS now or before covid? Do they have a phone number to call? Just been radio silence for weeks from them

Anyone else having / had similar issues with TOW/IST/DCBS now or before covid? Do they have a phone number to call? Just been radio silence for weeks from them
    Not exactly, but somewhat similar. IST used to respond quickly and had great customer service but there has been a decline. When they respond they are great, but it's now taking a week or more to hear back. I actually wanted to add onto an order and make a larger purchase with them and messaged them to do so and never heard back despite it being weeks ago. I also have an order placed on September 27th that still is not done and shipped, as well as one from October 7th. I don't know what their staffing situation is like but for some reason I have trouble imagining them being all screwed up from COVID. But maybe that's dumb of me. But I've ordered from Amazon and from an Ebay seller I've used often and had no real delays in stuff being shipped out, although the shipping itself has taken longer. I just wish I knew what was happening on their end to cause this. Maybe they are short-staffed. It's been frustrating but not so much that ill stop using them.

ToW definitely makes me nervous on my pre-orders because they have flat-out told me they have no way to track and hold what amounts need to be set aside. What I hear with that is that they don't have a system set up, but I honestly can't imagine it would be that difficult to set it up like, "ok, we will receive 200 copies to sell between IST / ToW, so we know we need 100 available come release date, so we can accept the first 100 pre-orders, and then after that it becomes the first 100 on release day". I'm not an expert but I'm sure that it shouldn't be that difficult to set up.

I still have pre-orders in and will continue to do so. And if I really want the book, like the WotR DM variant omnibus, ill try to get it from IST on release and if I get 2 then I'll have to find someone to buy extra. I had WotR along with JLA by Morrison bundled because they had the same release date but then the JLA got pushed back a couple weeks so I didn't want to miss my chance.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    Not exactly, but somewhat similar. IST used to respond quickly and had great customer service but there has been a decline. When they respond they are great, but it's now taking a week or more to hear back. I actually wanted to add onto an order and make a larger purchase with them and messaged them to do so and never heard back despite it being weeks ago. I also have an order placed on September 27th that still is not done and shipped, as well as one from October 7th. I don't know what their staffing situation is like but for some reason I have trouble imagining them being all screwed up from COVID. But maybe that's dumb of me. But I've ordered from Amazon and from an Ebay seller I've used often and had no real delays in stuff being shipped out, although the shipping itself has taken longer. I just wish I knew what was happening on their end to cause this. Maybe they are short-staffed. It's been frustrating but not so much that ill stop using them.

ToW definitely makes me nervous on my pre-orders because they have flat-out told me they have no way to track and hold what amounts need to be set aside. What I hear with that is that they don't have a system set up, but I honestly can't imagine it would be that difficult to set it up like, "ok, we will receive 200 copies to sell between IST / ToW, so we know we need 100 available come release date, so we can accept the first 100 pre-orders, and then after that it becomes the first 100 on release day". I'm not an expert but I'm sure that it shouldn't be that difficult to set up.

I still have pre-orders in and will continue to do so. And if I really want the book, like the WotR DM variant omnibus, ill try to get it from IST on release and if I get 2 then I'll have to find someone to buy extra. I had WotR along with JLA by Morrison bundled because they had the same release date but then the JLA got pushed back a couple weeks so I didn't want to miss my chance.
    Thanks for responding. I understand that IST/TOW are pretty much the only game in town when it comes to those discounts. But finding out weeks after a book's release that No I won't be getting it from them and now have to buy it from Amazon at probably-full price and shoddy packaging, is pretty frustrating; especially as one of my ToW orders (the one from which 3 pre-ordered books went out of stock) already charged my card a month ago for the full order, with none of the refunds of the 3 books showing up yet and the order itself showing as not having been shipped yet (even though all books within it were released 2+ weeks ago). Like, I'd be fine if there were more communication, but there isn't. Alas...

Thanks for responding. I understand that IST/TOW are pretty much the only game in town when it comes to those discounts. But finding out weeks after a book's release that No I won't be getting it from them and now have to buy it from Amazon at probably-full price and shoddy packaging, is pretty frustrating; especially as one of my ToW orders (the one from which 3 pre-ordered books went out of stock) already charged my card a month ago for the full order, with none of the refunds of the 3 books showing up yet and the order itself showing as not having been shipped yet (even though all books within it were released 2+ weeks ago). Like, I'd be fine if there were more communication, but there isn't. Alas...
    No problem. That's my big problem right now is that it takes so long to hear from them. And again, that they don't have a system to make sure the people that pre-orders get their books. Someone who has pre-ordered with DCBS could answer better, but I think that route is the closest you can get to being guaranteed to get the books you pre-order, because I think maybe ordering a few months out like that means they can keep one for you? Someone who has used DCBS could answer better. The closest I could get to a guarantee from Emily at IST / ToW is that if you order by the date listed on the ToW homepage, you are basically guaranteed. I know nothing is 100% and things can happen, but I ordered and paid for Brubaker Cap and ASM 2 before the due date, so in theory i should be good.

So far I have gotten all books that I have been pre-ordered after the "guaranteed" date without an issue.

Spectacular Member

I am starting to preorder so here's what I gather from the websites and Omnibro videos:

IST - ONLY for books IN STOCK, no pre-order. Any order with books that suddenly runs out of stock will screw your order delivery, and risks cancellation if books are out of print.

DCBS - ONLY for PRE-ORDERS in the catalog for the particular month, for books coming out of 4 to 6 months later. Best bet to get your books as your orders are added on top of their order to diamond/lunar. Cut-off date is 21st of each month.

TOW - for PRE-ORDERS and IN STOCK. Their preorder is misleading though, as it is not counted in their initial order to diamond/lunar. Their page still maintains preorder status even after the the actual preorder window closes. That's why even if you 'preordered' with them, you may not get your book if it sells out, as a copy is not actually allocated to you. You are still in queue as every other piranhas on IST release day.