Page 570 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 704705205605665675685695705715725735745806206701070 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Has anyone griped about the spines on the new Marvel OHC's?
    I only have Squirrel Girl and I think I've mentioned it in another thread before how much I hated it. It's almost like the previous Now ohc spines except it's different enough to bother you and it looks worse.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fedor02 View Post
    Is it solicited?
    It's just another printing, it's not a new edition, so it's not solicited. Speedyhen confirmed the date when a customer emailed them to ask when it would be in stock.

This sort of thing happens all the time. Each of those JMS books has been through several printings, but for whatever reason only certain books get mentions in the solicits when reprinted.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Man they're really printing some big ones. I don't need any of those but if that is Ennis Punisher Max I will be interested. I never did find a v4 OHC.

Hah, I had completely forgotten about Omnibus and his list, thanks. I pasted it into the OP so many times you would have thought I'd look there first.

Thanks for that, super useful.

Can anyone comment on the GoTG Omnibus by DnA? Build quality/paper etc, thinking I'll upgrade my HCs.
    Basically all current Marvel omnibuses and OHC-s are exactly the same except the event ones because those are produced faster and are lower quality (Spider-Verse, Infinity, Secret Wars etc. They all have crappy paper and tighter binding).
    The omnibuses and ohcs that are produced in their regular pace all have printed covers, easy to open binding and thight but acceptable (for most people) paper. If you compare them to older omnis that has the faux leather cover they are quite a step down, feels cheaper and chunkier books, the ones over the 1000 pages mark feel a bit flimsy and the ribbon sometimes separates from the spine even in the shrinkwrap.
    The DNA GoTG omnibus I think is just about the right size.

Also is it worth waiting for the Hickman Avengers Omnibus? Or buying the OHCs?

What has the build quality of recent Omnibuses been like? Are the OHCs any good?
    If the issues will be printed in story order then definitely. It is a grand epic that weaves its way through multiple titles.

Man they're really printing some big ones. I don't need any of those but if that is Ennis Punisher Max I will be interested. I never did find a v4 OHC.

It's the Marvel Knight Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    What's the consensus of the material in the Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Erik Larsen Omnibus?
    Good times! Light-hearted super-heroics with subplots running from one issue to the next. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I think it's pretty fun for the most part. You have a 6 part sinister six tale and Venom's 3rd and 4th appearances (the latter being a favorite of mine as its when spidey tricks him into thinking he's killed him, leaving Brock to "retire" on an island, which also sets up a great issue down the line when spidey has to go ask him for help with Carnage) and Cardiacs 1st appearance.
    Cardiac. LOL. I remember when he was the "hot new character find of 1993!" or whatever according to Wizard. Whatever happened to him. IIRC didn't he pop up in Superior Spidey a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by TajtheDestroyer View Post
    I saw seller on Amazon noting that "Marvel titles have a black ink remainder mark on the top or bottom edge of the book", has anyone ordered from bargainbooktime? If so what do the remainder marks look like?
    Haven't ordered from that seller but have bought marketplace seller books with remainders before. Generally there a small black dot or line on the top or bottom of the spine. I used to have a books a million store next to my old work office and I'd go there and browse their clearance/remainder books.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    It's the Marvel Knight Punisher.
    Is that the series where he was resurrected as a demon slayer/angel type thing? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

Is that the series where he was resurrected as a demon slayer/angel type thing? Sheesh.
    that's pre Ennis MK. Ennis started with Welcome back Frank which is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    If the issues will be printed in story order then definitely. It is a grand epic that weaves its way through multiple titles.
    Knowing how meticulous Hickman is with all his books, it'll most likely be in reading order.

Thanks for the answers last page!

Now can you guys tell me if the following have sewn or glued spines, please?

Uncanny X-Men Omnibuses 1-3
    X-Men Prologue to Inferno
    CC/Lee Omnibuses 1-2
    X-Statix Omnibus

Thank you so much.

Incredible Member

Can anyone comment on the GoTG Omnibus by DnA? Build quality/paper etc, thinking I'll upgrade my HCs.
    The entirety of that run is also contained across the 3 WoK omni's as well. If you were considering those you don't need to purchase the GotG unless you want it all in one book. I have no real issues with the construction of the new omni's. Sure I wish they were still like the original releases but I don't worry about them falling apart like some do they seem plenty sturdy to me. As far as Hickman Avengers I would definitely wait for the omnibusses
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

CC/Lee Omnibuses 1-2
    X-Statix Omnibus

Thank you so much.
    All are sewn. The only exception is the first print of UXM 1, but there have been 3(?) printings of that, so the majority of them out there on the secondary market will be sewn.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    All are sewn. The only exception is the first print of UXM 1, but there have been 3(?) printings of that, so the majority of them out there on the secondary market will be sewn.
    Thanks, Brewman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

CC/Lee Omnibuses 1-2
    X-Statix Omnibus

Thank you so much.
    I know Brewman already addressed these specific volumes, but for future reference, Krisis maintains a Marvel omnibus listing that indicates which are glued vs. sewn. All of the ones you cited above are included on this page, even the Inferno Prologue (which technically isn't an Omnibus but is similar in length, much like the FotM, Inferno, and Fatal Attractions OHCs). Hope this helps!

http://crushingkrisis.com/crushing-c...ibus-editions/

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    I know Brewman already addressed these specific volumes, but for future reference, Krisis maintains a Marvel omnibus listing that indicates which are glued vs. sewn. All of the ones you cited above are included on this page, even the Inferno Prologue (which technically isn't an Omnibus but is similar in length, much like the FotM, Inferno, and Fatal Attractions OHCs). Hope this helps!

http://crushingkrisis.com/crushing-c...ibus-editions/
    That helps a lot, thanks! In fact, Krisis kindly linked me to his listing a while ago, it was my bad not to think of looking for the link again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    The entirety of that run is also contained across the 3 WoK omni's as well. If you were considering those you don't need to purchase the GotG unless you want it all in one book. I have no real issues with the construction of the new omni's. Sure I wish they were still like the original releases but I don't worry about them falling apart like some do they seem plenty sturdy to me. As far as Hickman Avengers I would definitely wait for the omnibusses
    Yeah I noticed that there was a whole bunch of cosmic omnibuses now which is great! I found Annihilation is OOP, otherwise I would have been tempted to get the lot. I already have OHCs for that cosmic saga from Annihilation, Conquest, WoK, RoK and Thanos Imperative. Seeing I can get GotG in Oversized now is great. I am missing out on the Nova issues, but buying 3 Omnibuses to cover that seems a bit overkill. I will price them up but I have already ordered GotG Omnibus at a decent price.