Page 982 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 48288293297297897998098198298398498598699210321082 ... LastLast
Results 14,716 to 14,730 of 20729
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Funnily enough, the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is now $0.1736 per page due to the price increase. That makes it the worst value omni they've ever released.

So they've solicited 2 of their 3 worst value omni's in the space of a month or so.
    At least that is a more reasonable price than buying it when it was out of print.

Of note is that Marvel prints in China while DC prints in Canada. I'm curious how much the trade war and potential transport (Middle East factor) costs factor into the new pricing vs. looking at the secondary market and deciding to try to capture some of that value.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm glad that reprints are happening. This should be a clear indicator to someone in the Marvel Collections Dept that not all OOP material need be redone. Demand isn't there.
    Who in the Dept convinced those in charge this reprint above others(like some vol.2 &3s in other lines) was needed???? Based on what?
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Funnily enough, the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is now $0.1736 per page due to the price increase. That makes it the worst value omni they've ever released.

So they've solicited 2 of their 3 worst value omni's in the space of a month or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    The timing is the weirdest part. I would’ve considered buying it, but the creator-centric omnis are covering the best material from the GAoMC omni, with better restoration, and they’re going beyond it. True, they’re expensive, but it’s not like the GAoMC omni is cheap itself. I don’t mind them reprinting it, but I’m baffled about why they did it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    I didn't even notice that so this IS the new normal. I guess i am gonna buy less new Omnibi in the future because these new prices are pretty ridiculous.

Silver Surfer - 576 pages - $100
    She Hulk - 752 pages - $125

So next time they want to release a new 1000 pages Omnibus is it gonna be $150?
    The only reason they reprinted the GA Marvel Comics Omnibus is because of the 80th anniversary. It took for ever to go OOP. I would suggest that anyone wanting to pick this up to wait for it to go at deep discount. I picked up the first printing for less than $30.

Now get this, it looks like the GA Marvel Comics Omnibus 2nd Printing at $150 (the new norm?) with 848 pages is the most expensive per page - $0.1769. Any other bids?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The only reason they reprinted the GA Marvel Comics Omnibus is because of the 80th anniversary. It took for ever to go OOP. I would suggest that anyone wanting to pick this up to wait for it to go at deep discount. I picked up the first printing for less than $30.

Now get this, it looks like the GA Marvel Comics Omnibus 2nd Printing at $150 (the new norm?) with 848 pages is the most expensive per page - $0.1769. Any other bids?
    What does GA mean? To me that's short for Green Arrow but since you are talking about Marvel that can't be right. Really can't think of a Marvel hero that could be GA right now. Whichever Omnibus you are talking about, did you forget that She-Hulk is a new Omnibus first print? What are you trying to say? I picked up Avengers The Crossing Omnibus new for $30 too and that was years after it was printed. So you say the next Avengers Omnibus should launch for $125 because The Crossing didn't sell? If i was Marvel i would never reprint The Crossing because there was obviously no demand for it since it still isn't sold out but they should they really go by that and assume that means something for other Omnibi? Should the next Avengers Omnibus with 900 pages launch for $175? Does a higher price mean better sales? I would say the opposite is true. In my opinion The Crossing would have sold even less if it launched for $150 instead of $100.
    Last edited by Scarlet-Spider; 09-21-2019 at 01:30 AM.

What does GA mean? To me that's short for Green Arrow but since you are talking about Marvel that can't be right. Really can't think of a Marvel hero that could be GA right now. Whichever Omnibus you are talking about, did you forget that She-Hulk is a new Omnibus first print? What are you trying to say? I picked up Avengers The Crossing Omnibus new for $30 too and that was years after it was printed. So you say the next Avengers Omnibus should launch for $125 because The Crossing didn't sell? If i was Marvel i would never reprint The Crossing because there was obviously no demand for it since it still isn't sold out but they should they really go by that and assume that means something for other Omnibi? Should the next Avengers Omnibus with 900 pages launch for $175? Does a higher price mean better sales? I would say the opposite is true. In my opinion The Crossing would have sold even less if it launched for $150 instead of $100.
    GA - Golden Age

What we're saying is that Marvel Omnibus prices are unfortunately increasing. Low page counts at such high prices is not appealing at all. The Golden Age (GA) Marvel Comics Omnibus Vol. 1 was reprinted with a $150 price tag as opposed to the $125 1st printing. The result: very low sales for the 2nd printing.

GA - Golden Age

What we're saying is that Marvel Omnibus prices are unfortunately increasing. Low page counts at such high prices is not appealing at all. The Golden Age (GA) Marvel Comics Omnibus Vol. 1 was reprinted with a $150 price tag as opposed to the $125 1st printing. The result: very low sales for the 2nd printing.

Oh ok i see, i thought you were saying that books which sold slowly and then get a reprint should have much higher prices. Of course Marvel Omnibus prices increase but the amount of the increases are far too big. The She-Hulk Omnibus was always gonna be a $75 one with it's page count but since prices increase raise the price to $85 or $90, that would be reasonable increase but going from $75 to $125 is absolutely ridiculous. Somehow Marvel only makes massive $25 or $50 increases, why do they feel the need for it to always be huge $25 steps? Somehow we went from 1000 pages for $100 just a few months ago to a Silver Surfer Omnibus with 500 pages being $100. A 50% price increase has nothing to do with inflation or normal price increase that happen.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Incredible Member

I believe there was further restoration work done on the GA contents. The same should be true of the Silver Surfer Omni since the TPB Masterworks were released after the first printing. As pointed out before, if Marvel saw people paying $200-300 for it why wouldn't they go for a little more? Does this justify as large an increase as happened I can't say, but it's not just like the just raised the price just because. For the She-Hulk Omni that is probably just a Byrne tax. All of the creator specific GA Omni's are coming out at $150 as well.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

It’s not like most of us will be paying $100 for the SS reprint...I plan to order from IST the week it comes out...$50 plus tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    It’s not like most of us will be paying $100 for the SS reprint...I plan to order from IST the week it comes out...$50 plus tax.
    You would still be paying less if Marvel charged the normal price. If Marvel starts going for $200 Omnibus price then you might only pay $100 plus tax at IST but you are still paying 50% more than you would have if Marvel only charged the normal $100 instead of $200.

Just how much Marvel overcharges becomes especially ridiculous when you compare to the new announced DC Omnis:

Golden Age Marvel ------------- 570 pages - $125
    Silver Surfer ------------------- 576 pages - $100
    She Hulk ---------------------- 752 pages - $125

Superman/Batman Omnibus -----1200 pages - $125
    Swamp Thing Bronze Age --------450 pages - $40
    DC Year of the Villans -----------870 pages - $100
    Last edited by Scarlet-Spider; 09-21-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    This is a paperback.

Nevermind...
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 09-21-2019 at 11:27 AM.

You would still be paying less if Marvel charged the normal price. If Marvel starts going for $200 Omnibus price then you might only pay $100 plus tax at IST but you are still paying 50% more than you would have if Marvel only charged the normal $100 instead of $200.

Just how much Marvel overcharges becomes especially ridiculous when you compare to the new announced DC Omnis:

Golden Age Marvel ------------- 570 pages - $125
    Silver Surfer ------------------- 576 pages - $100
    She Hulk ---------------------- 752 pages - $125

Superman/Batman Omnibus -----1200 pages - $125
    DC Year of the Villans -----------870 pages - $100
    Golden Age Marvel Comics Omnibus is 848 pages at $150
    Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omnibus is 752 pages at $100

But yeah, I get what you're saying.

I reckon in most cases, the higher the price, the more restoration was carried out but still...

Yes, I agree with you. Crazy! The DC Omnibuses are generally much more reasonably priced.

With regards to being the most expensive, Spiderman by McFarlane Omni beats it by a webstring. 440 pages at $75 makes it $0.17045 per page. The She-Hulk Omni is $0.1666666667 per page.
    I see your Spider-Man McFarlane Omni at 17 cents per-page, and raise you to the Doctor Strange Lee-Ditko Omni at 18 cents per-page.

This is nothing new.