Page 1299 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 29979911991249128912951296129712981299130013011302130313091349 ... LastLast
Results 19,471 to 19,485 of 20773

Interesting that there are plans for a volume 6 and 7. I won’t be getting those because I’m fine with the MM omnibus I already have, but for the completists they are going to have to take on a decent amount of double dipping, no?

Extraordinary Member

I'll be interested to see whether they censor the "Kitty says the N-word to a Black person's face" moment (no, not the one in God Loves, Man Kills, the one in Uncanny X-Men # 196) the way the New Mutants Omnibus censored Kitty's list of slurs (she... uh... it's a pattern).

I'm not going to complain a lot if they do; times have changed. But I prefer uncensored if possible so I'll probably wait to see if I replace my Masterworks.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Interesting that there are plans for a volume 6 and 7. I won’t be getting those because I’m fine with the MM omnibus I already have, but for the completists they are going to have to take on a decent amount of double dipping, no?
    Yep. Going forward there will be considerable double dipping, as Uncanny doesn't have any glaring, uncollected gaps (off the top of my head).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

From the most wanted omnibus poll. This will come out 2 years after the last volume.
    UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOLUME 5 collects: Uncanny X-Men (1981) 194-209, Annual 9, New Mutants Special Edition, (1985) 1, Nightcrawler (1985) 1-4, Longshot (1985) 1-6, material from Marvel Fanfare (1982) 33

This does not include annual #10 or New Mutants annual #2, which would bring the end of this volume to the beginning of the Mutant Massacre omni. It also does not include X-Factor 1-8 or any other X-Factor issues prior to Mutant Massacre. Instead, Marvel is planning Uncanny X-Men volumes 6 and 7 to continue the line with only the relevant crossover issues going forward. X-Factor will need its own omnibus to collect the early issues. Any Uncanny X-Men volumes or X-Factor volume will double dip with the crossover omnis.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Since Marvel revealed to Omar they have a mapped out order for volumes 6 & 7 of UXM I'm going to assume the same has been done for ASM at the least.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

These X-Men omnis are getting smaller and smaller. Only 15 issues of the actual Uncanny book is kinda sad.
    Lots of good Arthur Adams content though, so that's cool.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    These X-Men omnis are getting smaller and smaller. Only 15 issues of the actual Uncanny book is kinda sad.
    Lots of good Arthur Adams content though, so that's cool.
    I thought that as well, however, much of Uncanny is now collected elsewhere as the title creeps into already collected content areas of the 1990s.
    How many uncollected issues are left of the main title to bridge into already collected content? Is this a Krisis question?
    I have to imagine that vol.6 and vol.7 are also very likely to have more mini-tie ins that equal the content from the actual main book.

Volume 5 of UXM has 15 UXM issues + an annual=16
    11 issues from minis and "material from" another source=12
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    SPIDER-MAN BY JOE KELLY collecting: Amazing Spider-Man (1999) 575-576, 595-599, 606-607, 611, 617, 625; Non-Stop Spider-Man (2021) 1-5; Savage Spider-Man (2022) 1-5; Marvel Fanfare (1996) 2-3; Webspinners: Tales of Spider-Man (1999) 7-9; material from Amazing Spider-Man Extra! (2008) 1, 3; Amazing Spider-Man (1999) 577, 600, 612, 634-637, 647; Spider-Man: Grim Hunt - The Kraven Saga (2010)

and

SPIDER-MAN: BRAND NEW DAY VOLUME 1 collecting: Free Comic Book Day 2007 (Spider-Man), Amazing Spider-Man (1999) 546-583; Amazing Spider-Man Annual (2008) 1; Secret Invasion: The Amazing Spider-Man (2008) 1-3; Presidents' Day Celebration Digital Comic (2009) 1; Spider-Man: Fear Itself One-Shot (2009); Amazing Spider-Man: Extra! (2008) 2; Spider-Man: Swing Shift Director's Cut One-Shot (2007); material from Amazing Spider-Man: Extra! (2008) 1

I'm definitely in for BND Vol. 1. Very glad this is happening. I think I'll give the Joe Kelly Omnibus a miss as there will be some double dipping and I don't feel the need to buy it just for the Non-Stop and Savage mini-series (I haven't heard anything good about the latter but I haven't read it myself) or the other scattered issues. I respect Joe Kelly as a writer and he did some pretty good work on Daredevil in the latter part of the 1990s at the end of Vol. 1 before DD was renumbered under "Marvel Knights". It seems weird they're releasing these 2 Omnis at around the same time.

A while back I was picking up all the Spidey Omnis but because of increased Omnibus prices, lack of space and the fact that I've settled for keeping my OHCs (Superior, Ultimate, Spider-Verse), I've held back from preordering certain ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm definitely in for BND Vol. 1. Very glad this is happening. I think I'll give the Joe Kelly Omnibus a miss as there will be some double dipping and I don't feel the need to buy it just for the Non-Stop and Savage mini-series (I haven't heard anything good about the latter but I haven't read it myself) or the other scattered issues. I respect Joe Kelly as a writer and he did some pretty good work on Daredevil in the latter part of the 1990s at the end of Vol. 1 before DD was renumbered under "Marvel Knights". It seems weird they're releasing these 2 Omnis at around the same time.

A while back I was picking up all the Spidey Omnis but because of increased Omnibus prices, lack of space and the fact that I've settled for keeping my OHCs (Superior, Ultimate, Spider-Verse), I've held back from preordering certain ones.
    Definitely in for Vol 5. Will have to see about 6 and 7.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Add me to the chorus of people who don't "get" the first one, although I suppose it's the cleanest way to get Non-Stop/Savage in OHC format (if you have a goal of putting all the modern titles in OHC format, which I don't think we have a lot of evidence that Marvel actually cares about). Otherwise, it seems a mildly odd choice if you're sitting around thinking, "We need more 'Spiderman by [Creator]' books" just in the sense that there are definitely bigger name creators (both historically and in terms of page rate/clout/whatever) who have yet to get this treatment [Peter David, Michelinie/Bagley, JMD/Buscema, Slott (although one might imagine that's coming in a couple years based on the second announcement, but would it start at Big Time or would the first volume include his BND work, too?), just to name a few].
    I absolutely expected a Spider-Man by Chip Zdarsky (Something like PP:SSM 295-310, Spider-Man: Life Story 1-7 & Annual and Spider-Man: Spider's Shadow 1-5) before a Joe Kelly omni.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

This is what May-July 2023 is looking like for Omnibus releases:

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Uncanny X-Men Vol. 5 is my only must-have, with Black Cat and Genis-Vell strong possibilities.

2023 is gearing up to be light on the wallet.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Did I miss the announcement for the X-23 one?

Quote Originally Posted by theegreatone View Post
    Did I miss the announcement for the X-23 one?
    I guess. It's already up on Amazon.

My only wish is a reprint of The return of the winter soldier omnibus. Can someone make it happen?