Page 1355 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3558551255130513451351135213531354135513561357135813591365 ... LastLast
Results 20,311 to 20,325 of 20773
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    DAREDEVIL VOLUME 2

Collecting: Daredevil (1964) #75-119, Avengers (1963) #111, Amazing Adventures (1970) #1-8

and

DAREDEVIL BY CHIP ZDARSKY VOLUME 1

Collecting: Daredevil (2019) #1-30, Daredevil Annual (2020) #1
    One assumes that volume 2 will be 31-36, Devil's Reign 1-6 + Omega, Woman Without Fear 1-3 (was there a Zdarsky story in Elektra 100?), maybe War of Realms: War Scrolls, and then the new series. That seems like a nice 2 volume set where both are similar sizes
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

That's a definite purchase for me!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL VOLUME 3

Collecting: Daredevil (1964) #75-119, Avengers (1963) #111, Amazing Adventures (1970) #1-8

and

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    One assumes that volume 2 will be 31-36, Devil's Reign 1-6 + Omega, Woman Without Fear 1-3 (was there a Zdarsky story in Elektra 100?), maybe War of Realms: War Scrolls, and then the new series. That seems like a nice 2 volume set where both are similar sizes
    No Zdarsky story in Elektra #100. I personally don't need that issue. Also Daredevil #1-14 (2022) will be included, which followed on from Devil's Reign. I kind of doubt War of the Realms: War Scrolls will be included. It's not Zdarsky's and is not linked to the DD run.

Man Without Fear: The Death of Daredevil by Jed MacKay which bridges Soule's and Zdarsky's run will be unfortunately orphaned. IMHO, Marvel dropped the ball with Soule's Omnibus. There should have been 2 volumes which would have included Mackay's 5-issue miniseries and Soule's Hunt for Wolverine: Weapons Lost miniseries which was basically a Daredevil miniseries.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    No Zdarsky story in Elektra #100. I personally don't need that issue. Also Daredevil #1-14 (2022) will be included, which followed on from Devil's Reign. I kind of doubt War of the Realms: War Scrolls will be included. It's not Zdarsky's and is not linked to the DD run.

Man Without Fear: The Death of Daredevil by Jed MacKay which bridges Soule's and Zdarsky's run will be unfortunately orphaned. IMHO, Marvel dropped the ball with Soule's Omnibus. There should have been 2 volumes which would have included Mackay's 5-issue miniseries and Soule's Hunt for Wolverine: Weapons Lost miniseries which was basically a Daredevil miniseries.
    Oh, I just saw Chip had a story in there and DD was on the cover and thought, well, that makes sense. But he's got a Howard the Duck short in there, which would NOT make sense in a DD omni

Oh, I just saw Chip had a story in there and DD was on the cover and thought, well, that makes sense. But he's got a Howard the Duck short in there, which would NOT make sense in a DD omni
    The War Scrolls issues had various stories. The story that featured Daredevil as the main protagonist was written by Jason Aaron and drawn by Andrea Sorrentino and was pretty good. Even better were the 6 pages featuring Daredevil and Heimdall in the War of the Realms: Omega one-shot also written by Aaron. Now, if they did include these stories into the Zdarsky Omnibus, that would be nice but I can't envisage it. I have the War of the Realms Omnibus which, IMHO, is one of the better events (I'm not picking up the Thor Aaron Omnibuses).

Astonishing Member

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

DAREDEVIL VOLUME 3

and

Both of these are exciting.
    Especially the Silver Age volume 3! It didn't even have a chance to make it into a Most Wanted Poll
    Guess we DD fans can place that SA DD vol. 4 on the Poll now for next year!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Destiny of X post below - just skip if that matters not to you:

It appears that Destiny of X will not receive the same treatment Dawn of X and Reign of X did - complete collections of all the works in more or less chronological order. With that in mind, and with an assist from charliehustle415, I think I've figured out the correct* selection of tpbs to pick up if you'd been getting Dawn of X and Reign of X in this manner and wish to continue reading everything. I pulled the list of all applicable issues from Wikipedia and made the list below:

*For me, correct means limiting double dipping and not having to buy books that only have 1-2 relevant issues, so getting the AXE omnibus is not reasonable because of the amount of double-dipping with x-titles

1. Stop buying Trials of X after volume 10. Do not buy v11 or v12 unless you want to own two copies of that story

2. Ongoing titles (multiple volumes)
    a. Deadpool by Alyssa Wong v1-2
    b. Immortal X-Men v1-3
    c. Legion of X v1-2
    d. Marauders by Orlando v1-2
    e. New Mutants by Ayala v3-4
    f. Wolverine by Percy v4-6
    g. X-Force by Percy v5-7
    h. X-Men by Duggan v2-4
    i. X-Men Red v1-3

3. X-minis/single volume collections
    a. Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain
    b. Bishop: War College
    c. Hellfire Gala - Immortal (Hellfire Gala 2022, Secret X-Men #1, FCBD 2022)
    d. Knights of X
    e. New Mutants Lethal Legion
    f. Rogue & Gambit
    g. Sabertooth: The Adversary
    h. Sabertooth & the Exiles (no solicitation on Amazon but one is on Edelweiss)
    i. X-Terminators

4. OHCs (released initially as OHCs, TPB also an eventual option)
    a. Sins of Sinister (Sins of Sinister one shots, Storm and the Brotherhood, Immoral X-Men, Nightcrawlers)
    b. X Lives & Deaths of Wolverine

5. Event tie-ins
    a. A.X.E. Judgement Day (AXE 1-6, AXE: X-Men, Avengers/X-Men FCBD)
    b. A.X.E. Judgement Day companion (AXE: Death of the Mutants, other tie-ins)
    c. Dark Web (Dark Web, Dark Web: X-Men)
    d. Devils Reign: X-Men (Devil's Reign: X-Men)

NOTES:
    1. Based on solicitations across Amazon, the monthly releases, and Edelweiss, I've been unable to find either Giant Size X-Men: Thunderbird or X-Force Annual #1 (2022) anywhere - they both look like orphans.
    2. The Marauders contents on Amazon says the tpb will be released w/issues 6-10. Edelweiss says 6-12 + Before the Fall: Mutant First Strike. I'm assuming Edelweiss is correct
    3. Immortal X-Men v3 does not have a content listing on either Amazon or Edelweiss, but I'm assuming it'll be 11-13 + Before the Fall: Sinister Four (the other three Before the Fall collections are contained in the main series collections for the author of each book)

I'll update this post if there are any corrections necessary

After trying to read an Omnibus last night, I came to realize that I really, REALLY HATE glossy pages!

Even a little bit of indirect light (which I obviously need to see) can create enough glare off the glossy page to be annoying and even unreadable without having to constantly adjust the book so it won't glare on the part you're reading.

That's why books with matte pages are far better - no stupid glare!

While it's a bit light on material I will go ahead and buy it if the price is right and they add the upcoming mini series.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Destiny of X post below - just skip if that matters not to you:

It appears that Destiny of X will not receive the same treatment Dawn of X and Reign of X did - complete collections of all the works in more or less chronological order. With that in mind, and with an assist from charliehustle415, I think I've figured out the correct* selection of tpbs to pick up if you'd been getting Dawn of X and Reign of X in this manner and wish to continue reading everything. I pulled the list of all applicable issues from Wikipedia and made the list below:

*For me, correct means limiting double dipping and not having to buy books that only have 1-2 relevant issues, so getting the AXE omnibus is not reasonable because of the amount of double-dipping with x-titles

1. Stop buying Trials of X after volume 10. Do not buy v11 or v12 unless you want to own two copies of that story

2. Ongoing titles (multiple volumes)
    a. Deadpool by Alyssa Wong v1-2
    b. Immortal X-Men v1-3
    c. Legion of X v1-2
    d. Marauders by Orlando v1-2
    e. New Mutants by Ayala v3-4
    f. Wolverine by Percy v4-6
    g. X-Force by Percy v5-7
    h. X-Men by Duggan v2-4
    i. X-Men Red v1-3

3. X-minis/single volume collections
    a. Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain
    b. Bishop: War College
    c. Hellfire Gala - Immortal (Hellfire Gala 2022, Secret X-Men #1, FCBD 2022)
    d. Knights of X
    e. New Mutants Lethal Legion
    f. Rogue & Gambit
    g. Sabertooth: The Adversary
    h. Sabertooth & the Exiles (no solicitation on Amazon but one is on Edelweiss)
    i. X-Terminators

4. OHCs (released initially as OHCs, TPB also an eventual option)
    a. Sins of Sinister (Sins of Sinister one shots, Storm and the Brotherhood, Immoral X-Men, Nightcrawlers)
    b. X Lives & Deaths of Wolverine

5. Event tie-ins
    a. A.X.E. Judgement Day (AXE 1-6, AXE: X-Men, Avengers/X-Men FCBD)
    b. A.X.E. Judgement Day companion (AXE: Death of the Mutants, other tie-ins)
    c. Dark Web (Dark Web, Dark Web: X-Men)
    d. Devils Reign: X-Men (Devil's Reign: X-Men)

NOTES:
    1. Based on solicitations across Amazon, the monthly releases, and Edelweiss, I've been unable to find either Giant Size X-Men: Thunderbird or X-Force Annual #1 (2022) anywhere - they both look like orphans.
    2. The Marauders contents on Amazon says the tpb will be released w/issues 6-10. Edelweiss says 6-12 + Before the Fall: Mutant First Strike. I'm assuming Edelweiss is correct
    3. Immortal X-Men v3 does not have a content listing on either Amazon or Edelweiss, but I'm assuming it'll be 11-13 + Before the Fall: Sinister Four (the other three Before the Fall collections are contained in the main series collections for the author of each book)

I'll update this post if there are any corrections necessary
    Excellent work as usual Bob!

I feel sad that my spines won't match, but Marvel has never been good about this.

I have so many mismatched collections now I will have another one.

Astonishing Member

ULTIMATE MARVEL BY JONATHAN HICKMAN OMNBIUS

Collecting: Ultimate Thor (2010) #1-4, Ultimate Comics Hawkeye (2011) #1-4, Ultimate Comics Ultimates (2011) #1-12, material from Ultimate Fallout (2011) #2-6

August 2023 Epic Collections Solicitations:

AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION: THE YESTERDAY QUEST TPB
    Volume #10 in the Avengers Epic Collections
    Written by JIM SHOOTER & DAVID MICHELINIE with GEORGE PÉREZ, ROGER STERN, MARV WOLFMAN, BILL MANTLO, STEVE GERBER, TOM DeFALCO, MARK GRUENWALD, STEVEN GRANT, ROGER SLIFER & SCOTT EDELMAN
    Penciled by GEORGE PÉREZ, JOHN BYRNE & DAVE WENZEL with SAL BUSCEMA, CARMINE INFANTINO, JIM MOONEY, DON NEWTON & MICHAEL NETZER
    Cover by GEORGE PÉREZ
    Writers Jim Shooter and David Michelinie and avenging artists George Pérez and John Byrne bring you the Avengers at their best! And it begins with the cosmic “Korvac Saga” – co-starring the Guardians of the Galaxy! Possessed by the Power Cosmic, Korvac seeks to create a utopia on Earth. His godlike power may mean the end of the Avengers – and everyone else on the planet! Then, bookending this volume is “The Yesterday Quest” – a storyline with deep revelations for the Scarlet Witch, including her first encounter with the evil power of the Darkhold! In between, new heroes join the team, battles with the Absorbing Man and Count Nefaria will shake your fillings, and you will see why the Avengers will forever be called Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! Collecting AVENGERS (1963) #167-188 and ANNUAL #8-9, and material from AVENGERS: THE KORVAC SAGA TPB.
    496 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94876-4
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

NEW MUTANTS EPIC COLLECTION: THE DEMON BEAR SAGA TPB - NEW PRINTING!
    Volume #2 in the New Mutants Epic Collections
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by SAL BUSCEMA, BILL SIENKIEWICZ & BOB MCLEOD
    Cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    ON SALE OCTOBER 2023
    Don’t call them X-babies anymore! Visionary artist Bill Sienkiewicz transforms the New Mutants, and the young heroes’ lives will never be the same! New recruits Magma and Magik find their footing at the school – but when the team tries to rescue Kitty Pryde from Emma Frost, will they all end up as members of rival mutant team the Hellions? Then, the Demon Bear that haunts Dani Moonstar bares its teeth! Will the New Mutants survive the Bear’s ferocious attack – and if so, can they make a new friend in the alien called Warlock? Plus: A cosmic caper introduces intergalactic rock star Lila Cheney! When Sunspot and Wolfsbane are in danger, only Cloak and Dagger can help! Professor X’s son, Legion, makes his mind-bending debut! And an old friend/foe makes a shocking return! Collecting NEW MUTANTS (1983) #13-31 and ANNUAL #1.
    512 PGS./Rated T+ …$49.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-95055-2

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION: ROUND ROBIN TPB - NEW PRINTING!
    Volume #22 in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collections
    Written by DAVID MICHELINIE, AL MILGROM, GERRY CONWAY & STAN LEE
    Penciled by MARK BAGLEY, CHRIS MARRINAN, GUANG YAP, MARIE SEVERIN, ALAN KUPPERBERG, PARIS CULLINS & ROSS ANDRU
    Cover by ERIK LARSEN
    ON SALE SEPTEMBER 2023
    Spidey gets by with a little help from his friends! If he can survive a rematch with the Tri-Sentinel, this time without Captain Universe powers, Spider-Man will face a sidekick’s revenge! But wait, he never had a sidekick. So who is the Secret Empire’s cyborg powerhouse Midnight? To get to the bottom of this mess, the web-slinger will need to do a little old-fashioned teaming up. How’s Moon Knight, Punisher, Nova, Night Thrasher and Darkhawk? Not enough names? Well, the extravaganza known as the Vibranium Vendetta has Iron Man, Black Panther, Kingpin and…hoo-boy…the metallic menace known as Ultron! How does Peter Parker handle all this action without Cardiac problems? Oops, spoke too soon! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #351-360, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL (1964) #25, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #11, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #7 and SPIDER-MAN: FEAR ITSELF (1992).
    488 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-95054-5