Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    One Omnibus reprint and a new Omnibus for January 2022:

Doctor Strange 1 & 2. Movie push I guess.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    One Omnibus reprint and a new Omnibus for January 2022:

So now that this completes the Dr. Strange Silver Age and Feb will wrap up his Sorcerer Supreme with volume 3 that leaves the volume 2('74-'87) Bronze Age run left uncollected, right? At least in Omni fashion.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So now that this completes the Dr. Strange Silver Age and Feb will wrap up his Sorcerer Supreme with volume 3 that leaves the volume 2('74-'87) Bronze Age run left uncollected, right? At least in Omni fashion.
    According to Wikipedia, the series below are between the end of the Doctor Strange SA Vol 2 omnibus and Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Vol 1 omnibus.

Marvel Premiere #3–14 (July 1972 – March 1974)
    Doctor Strange vol. 2 #1–81 [#184–264] (June 1974 – Feb. 1987)
    Strange Tales vol. 2 #1–19 (April 1987 – Oct. 1988)

There is also an annual, crossover issues, team up appearances, What If issues and graphic novel that can be included. There's 2-3 omnibus worth of material in the gap.

Astonishing Member

One new omnibus and 2 reprints. I think this may affect some people's 10 most wanted lists.

Incredible Member

I really hope that the speed at which they are publishing those also means that we will see an Uncanny X-Men volume 5 much sooner than we saw a volume 4.

Also: I wish they'd release more modern runs in omnibus format.

Mighty Member

It's hard to come up with a good comp for Peter David's Hulk run - in length, popularity, age (just that it's not pretty new) - to guess or hope at something Marvel might put out at an equivalent pace. It's really impressive and props to Marvel.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

AFAIK, Hulk doesn't have a movie coming out, nor is he licensed property like Conan or have rights issues like Shang Chi. So what's accounting for this pace? Has any "regular ol' series" had 4 omnis come out this fast?

If they're selling well, then hopefully Marvel will move into collecting X-Factor vol 2 into omni too (beyond the first omni coming it in a couple months).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    AFAIK, Hulk doesn't have a movie coming out, nor is he licensed property like Conan or have rights issues like Shang Chi. So what's accounting for this pace? Has any "regular ol' series" had 4 omnis come out this fast?

If they're selling well, then hopefully Marvel will move into collecting X-Factor vol 2 into omni too (beyond the first omni coming it in a couple months).
    It's got to be sales - I remember v1 was really big at Diamond, and it's the first time I remember an omni selling out at Amazon inside 2-3 weeks from release.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post

Well regarded run that was ignored in oversized format for years...probably selling pretty well.

Also, Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk is a pretty big success, so Marvel likely wanted to see if they could make some money on other popular Hulk runs.

Incredible Member

Makes sense. I'd bought vol 1 because I've never read this run. My first ever Hulk issue was 467, the ending issue. And I'd always thought that was amazing, with the sweet Kubert art.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'd decided to stick with Epic Collections for PAD's Hulk, but that reprint of vol. 1 is going to make it really hard not to grab the omni's... :-/
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol. 4 (January 2022)
    The Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol. 1 (February 2022)
    The Incredible Hulk Omnibus Vol. 1 (March 2022)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

One new omnibus and 2 reprints. I think this may affect some people's 10 most wanted lists.
    Oh, SNAP!
    Yes for that PD vol.4!! Hard to believe a year from now that will all be tidy. Plus a SA vol.1 reprint. So, I have it but it is a massive brick. I might entertain the reprint for space AND to prop up a SA vol.2

I also feel it is very likely that sometime in 2022 we will see an Immortal Hulk Omni. Would that be better as 2 smaller volumes? Or do they go the one big brick format like some of those Deadpools?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Oh, SNAP!
    Yes for that PD vol.4!! Hard to believe a year from now that will all be tidy. Plus a SA vol.1 reprint. So, I have it but it is a massive brick. I might entertain the reprint for space AND to prop up a SA vol.2

I also feel it is very likely that sometime in 2022 we will see an Immortal Hulk Omni. Would that be better as 2 smaller volumes? Or do they go the one big brick format like some of those Deadpools?
    Good God, I hope they break up Immortal into two volumes. The upcoming Deathstroke omni is gonna be a terrible reading experience for being just as huge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'd decided to stick with Epic Collections for PAD's Hulk, but that reprint of vol. 1 is going to make it really hard not to grab the omni's... :-/
    I also want the Joe Casey short run that finished up the Hulk title. I've got the PAD run in Visionary and Epic format. I'll just close out the run with the last Epic collections.