Page 989 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 48988993997998598698798898999099199299399910391089 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,835 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    I have 1 question about this new IMMORTAL HULK HC VOL 02. Is it oversized like Vol 01 OHC which got released some time ago?
    It is absolutely oversized

I posted this in the General Omnibus thread, but I think it might be more relevant here:

Does anyone know the chances of UXM Vol 2 Omnibus being reprinted?

I'm thinking about just biting the bullet and paying $175+ on ebay for it. But I did see that they have the Dark Phoenix omnibus pretty cheap on Amazon. Is there a significant difference between the two?

Incredible Member

They've just announced a reprint of Volume 1 so I guess the chances are high that volume 2 will be reprinted.

In my experience, almost everything gets a reprint eventually. Exceptions may be those books with licence issues. For instance, with the Conan licence being back at Marvel, chances are very low that we'll see a reprint of Colossal Conan. But with Marvel having been alerted to the market for OOP omnibus and 2020 being the year of the reprints, I'd say wait.

Personally, I could have saved a ton of cash if I had been more patient. Almost all the whales that I spent over cover on have been reprinted by now. Worst part is: haven't even gotten to reading most of the whales I bought at inflated prices. Might as well just have waited...

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I posted this in the General Omnibus thread, but I think it might be more relevant here:

Does anyone know the chances of UXM Vol 2 Omnibus being reprinted?

I'm thinking about just biting the bullet and paying $175+ on ebay for it. But I did see that they have the Dark Phoenix omnibus pretty cheap on Amazon. Is there a significant difference between the two?
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol 2 & The Dark Phoenix Omnibus are completely different...

Uncanny Vol 2 collects issues 132-153 plus extras. Dark Phoenix only collects issues relevant to that story (97-105, 107-108, & 125-138) plus extras.

So not only are you getting overlap with Uncanny Vol 1, but you're going to be missing 15 issues from Uncanny Vol 2.

I would say the chances of a re-print are pretty high. Just a guess, but maybe the second half of 2020 or early 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Personally, I could have saved a ton of cash if I had been more patient. Almost all the whales that I spent over cover on have been reprinted by now. Worst part is: haven't even gotten to reading most of the whales I bought at inflated prices. Might as well just have waited...
    Fair enough. Actually, thinking about it now, I've already read most of the issues in that collection. I just really enjoy that portion of Claremont's run and would love to have it in physical form. I think I'll wait to see if it'll reprint later next year, and if not, I'll probably just buy it over the cover price.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol 2 & The Dark Phoenix Omnibus are completely different...

Uncanny Vol 2 collects issues 132-153 plus extras. Dark Phoenix only collects issues relevant to that story (97-105, 107-108, & 125-138) plus extras.

So not only are you getting overlap with Uncanny Vol 1, but you're going to be missing 15 issues from Uncanny Vol 2.

I would say the chances of a re-print are pretty high. Just a guess, but maybe the second half of 2020 or early 2021.
    Ah okay, thanks.

The earlier volumes tend to get reprinted consistently (Hulk, Iron Man, etc... being exceptions) but anything past 2 requires great patience. I'm still waiting for a reprint of Uncanny X-Men V. 3.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    The earlier volumes tend to get reprinted consistently (Hulk, Iron Man, etc... being exceptions) but anything past 2 requires great patience. I'm still waiting for a reprint of Uncanny X-Men V. 3.

For people who have been collecting/following Omnibuses for awhile, was the Iron Man Vol 1 Omnibus a slow seller? I read that Hulk inventory lingered for years (only in the past few years being finally cleared), but I'm not sure about Iron Man.

The secondary market prices for both is expensive, but not as high as other OOP books. And since neither has gotten reprints even though they are *really* old (2008), I guess it is because of low popularity/sales?

It's crazy what some books go for but nice to see Marvel reprinting some of them. I'm throwing my Uncanny X-Men vol.3 on eBay so I can buy some of them, too many books coming out that I want.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Very very happy about the Ben Reilly Vol. 2 Omnibus.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Very happy about the X-Men epic!
    Miller was right.

Keep the Conan coming!

Spectacular Member

I'm interested in she hulk and xmen grand design. As I understand grand design is some kind of summary of xmen's history, right?

It would be great if they also launched The history of the marvel universe as an HC, I'm really liking it as a summary of the whole universe

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Ben Reilly Omni vol.2, will this complete the Clone Saga material in Omni form now?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It should, yes.