Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    There's a Moon Knight Omnibus with a Finch cover from the 2000s out. Amazon only lists material from the 70s, though.
    it's the variant of the same omnibus that collects his first appearances and solo series just with a modern cover. Bit misleading. (They also slapped a Spider-man/Moon knight cover on the Infinity something omnibus that's coming out).

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You should.

It is.

Yes, it's usually only the Big Two that get the big discounts. Indy publishers tend to run 30-40% off, I believe. As far as the search function, that's a good question; I preorder all of my monthly floppies as well, so I've never tried to filter.
    I’ve been getting all my books through CGN... I can’t figure out DCBS. When I search for the books I know are coming out or are already out, nothing comes up in the search. Mostly epic collections, but even ones a month or so away or new releases don’t even show up in the search.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's the variant of the same omnibus that collects his first appearances and solo series just with a modern cover. Bit misleading. (They also slapped a Spider-man/Moon knight cover on the Infinity something omnibus that's coming out).
    Wow, that was fast. And thank you

Quote Originally Posted by theegreatone View Post
    Is it normal for books that have already been released to be on this list? It's a bit confusing. Does it wait for all books to be released and then ships them all at once? Charging you for the books then?
    The only reason that a book that's already released would show up among the preorders is if it's a new printing. I see this a lot with the more popular Image trades. They're always getting new printings.

You are able to order books that have already released when making your preorder. If you do so, they get pulled and shipped with your next regular shipment (weekly, biweekly, or monthly).

Mighty Member

Hachette fishing - not sure Omar's gotten to these yet:

WHAT IF?: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL SERIES OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC SPIDER-MAN/FANTASTIC FOUR COVER

CLOAK AND DAGGER OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC

Looks like more should be appearing soon, and there are a few obvious things showing up (ASM by Spencer v13, etc)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Omar had a special about 2 weeks ago about Cloak & Dagger Omni vol. 2

If he did or said anything about the What If? Omni then I missed that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Hachette fishing - not sure Omar's gotten to these yet:

WHAT IF?: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL SERIES OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC SPIDER-MAN/FANTASTIC FOUR COVER

CLOAK AND DAGGER OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC

Looks like more should be appearing soon, and there are a few obvious things showing up (ASM by Spencer v13, etc)
    This is good news for my bank account as I won't be picking these up or the Loki Vol. 1 Omnibus. The What If? series has never really interested me, mainly because it's not canon. I have, however, purchased several What If? floppies that had Daredevil as the main protagonist.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Omar had a special about 2 weeks ago about Cloak & Dagger Omni vol. 2

If he did or said anything about the What If? Omni then I missed that.
    The What If...? omnibus was announced by Omar in a video from 12/17/20.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    The response from IST in regards to the New Mutants and Excalibur omnibuses.

"Hello,

Neither of these items are available from the distributor any longer so we are currently unable to restock them.

Thank you for your business! We appreciate it!

Thanks,"

Granted, I didn't specify regular or DM cover, but it does appear they're gone. Damn. I've been out of the Omnibus and OHC game for a couple years due to finances and almost everything I had wanted being released anyway. Had no idea it had gotten this bad with short print runs. Going to make sure I order Uncanny Vol. 4 on day one of release now. Ended up ordering from Amazon while I could. Fingers crossed they don't arrive damaged.
    As of right now, CGN has both Excalibur covers available and the McLoed New Mutants cover available also. They came back in stock there.

Incredible Member

Is anyone surprised or confused by the stock status of certain books?

Looking at IST, the DM covers for Moon Knight Omnibus and Cates Marvel Cosmic Universe are still in stock. I figured those would be sold out within days if not release day given the way some omnis disappeared during 2020. I wonder what the reasoning is - did Marvel increase the print runs? Is the pandemic shortage over for new releases? Are these just not as popular as I assumed? Or are they popular but there's too many other new omnis and books to choose from at this moment? Or some combination of the above?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Is anyone surprised or confused by the stock status of certain books?

Looking at IST, the DM covers for Moon Knight Omnibus and Cates Marvel Cosmic Universe are still in stock. I figured those would be sold out within days if not release day given the way some omnis disappeared during 2020. I wonder what the reasoning is - did Marvel increase the print runs? Is the pandemic shortage over for new releases? Are these just not as popular as I assumed? Or are they popular but there's too many other new omnis and books to choose from at this moment? Or some combination of the above?
    It's a combination of the above. NearMint said that Excalibur was the starting point when Marvel increased their print run based on the sudden increase in sales 2nd quarter last year. Excalibur lasted about 1~1.5 months at IST so that's good. At least we don't need to scramble for 1st 10 minutes of release to get a book. Phew.

More popular title like the New Mutants is still sold out fairly quickly though. Moon Knight is a lesser famous character. That Cates Marvel Cosmic Universe Omni is just priced absurdly, and most of the material is already collected in OHC or treasury edition.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    It's a combination of the above. NearMint said that Excalibur was the starting point when Marvel increased their print run based on the sudden increase in sales 2nd quarter last year. Excalibur lasted about 1~1.5 months at IST so that's good. At least we don't need to scramble for 1st 10 minutes of release to get a book. Phew.

More popular title like the New Mutants is still sold out fairly quickly though. Moon Knight is a lesser famous character. That Cates Marvel Cosmic Universe Omni is just priced absurdly, and most of the material is already collected in OHC or treasury edition.
    I agree MK is less famous but I believe his Epic Collections, or at least the first one, went OOP and the price jumped sky high. Plus there's news about the MK Disney+ show. And then I know the Cates collection has its detractors, but he's a very popular writer right now and that will probably be the only opportunity to get Silver Surfer: Black in oversized hardcover (even though the paperback treasury edition is a larger format - I'm surprised they didn't do a special treasury sized HC for collectors). Plus I'm only really surprised about the DM editions still being in stock. Although based on the number of omnibuses that are getting DM editions (and sometime multiple DM editions), maybe Marvel is increasing print runs for those as well.

All-New Member

If they have increased their print run then it's still not enough, at least not so that international customers can get a copy. I had preordered Excalibur and New Mutants with Amazon on day one. Like many books recently Amazon just hasn't bothered to fulfil the preorders, selling through their entire stock on the Amazon US site it seems. Its incredibly unfair to have ordered before others who then get the book simply because they live in the US. Did anyone from the UK experience similar or did you get your copies? Has anyone got recommendations of alternatives to Amazon in the UK? I am trying Forbidden Planet for future orders, don't know if they'll be any better.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    If they have increased their print run then it's still not enough, at least not so that international customers can get a copy. I had preordered Excalibur and New Mutants with Amazon on day one. Like many books recently Amazon just hasn't bothered to fulfil the preorders, selling through their entire stock on the Amazon US site it seems. Its incredibly unfair to have ordered before others who then get the book simply because they live in the US. Did anyone from the UK experience similar or did you get your copies? Has anyone got recommendations of alternatives to Amazon in the UK? I am trying Forbidden Planet for future orders, don't know if they'll be any better.
    Fellow Amazon UK pre-orderer here. No sign of Excalibur yet and they have shifted the date again to Jan 19th. Let's see. Uncanny X-men 1 finally came into stock just before Christmas after months of waiting.

I think Amazon UK use the UK book distributor (Turnaround) to obtain their stock and they have never had it in either. It's listed as reprinting there which is slightly worrying.

You can't order from Turnaround directly but the largest UK book wholesaler - Gardners - does run a retail operation at hive.co.uk with some fairly hefty discounts. It's worth keeping an eye out to see if it comes into stock there. I've spotted some titles in stock there for weeks before Amazon finally ships my pre-orders.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Travers View Post
    Fellow Amazon UK pre-orderer here. No sign of Excalibur yet and they have shifted the date again to Jan 19th. Let's see. Uncanny X-men 1 finally came into stock just before Christmas after months of waiting.

I think Amazon UK use the UK book distributor (Turnaround) to obtain their stock and they have never had it in either. It's listed as reprinting there which is slightly worrying.

You can't order from Turnaround directly but the largest UK book wholesaler - Gardners - does run a retail operation at hive.co.uk with some fairly hefty discounts. It's worth keeping an eye out to see if it comes into stock there. I've spotted some titles in stock there for weeks before Amazon finally ships my pre-orders.
    So far I have managed to get most of what I'd ordered, even through placing late orders with other sites at higher prices. I'm not hopeful for Excalibur and New Mutants and my order of Absolute Swamp Thing has gone completely. I've complained to Amazon numerous times but they honestly don't give a rats ass. Why would they, its not like they need the custom? I think they outsource all of their complaints to India so out of sight out of mind I'd imagine. Their customer services is completely inept unless its something simple like a return and they just stopped replying to my emails after a while. That's one way of dealing with it I guess lol.

Thank you for the recommendation of Hive. I had never heard of them but will have a look.