Page 441 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541941 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster283 View Post
    What kind of printing defects have you guys gotten from Marvel? I've ordered several Omnibuses this year that I've unwrapped but have not read yet and may need to go back and inspect them!
    My Ms. Marvel masterworks 2 had a folded printed on page. Deadpool Classic had two pages with torn corners.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

So I decided to open all my unopened omnibus and well opened 7 so far found 2 where I had to reglue the ribbon and the protective layer to the spine of the pages.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    I pre-ordered it when it was first listed at DCBS. They said their order was short and they were waiting for more to come from Diamond. However, when I contacted IDW to find out if there were more (because I had heard that Diamond was sold out because they oversold it), they confirmed that it was gone and no more were coming because they were only allowed to print the 999 that got made. I need to contact DCBS for a refund because they charged my card way back when.
    When did you get the email saying you aren't getting it? Do you order every month? If so, they will cancel the order of their own accord and credit your account for the next order you make. If you just want a straight up refund then yeah, I guess you should contact them.

I don't want to speak out of school, but I would feel guilty if I didn't at least tell you there is still reason to think you may get it from them. DCBS is probably Diamond's biggest customer, if not one of the top 3 retailers. If anyone has the pull to get copies that Diamond may have, it'll be them. Also, just trust me.
    Last edited by johnsme; 10-11-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't believe that flimsy piece of plastic is helping in any way.
    Plus, you may have miscut pages, minor punctures, ink smears or any other possible issues that members here have reported when they open a book. You'll miss your window of opportunity for a replacement copy from your retailer by not opening it within days or receiving the book.
    Your dice to roll though.
    In response to the comments suggesting that I think that shrink wrap will magically protect any large collected edition from harm whilst waiting for me to crack it open, of course I know that it won't. I simply keep the books I don't plan on reading immediately in the shrinkwrap for the same reason that comic shops do. They are easier to move, easier to keep free of dust and other damaging agents, and are just generally more protected during the first few weeks of purchase IMO. Plenty of times I open them immediately, especially if it's material I've never read before or am just dying to see in the oversized format, but as I stated before the general line-wide decrease in paper / build quality has definitely decreased my enthusiasm and initial excitement for these books. Out of my 70+ Marvel Omniboos, only maybe 10 or so are still wrapped.
    Last edited by WinterSoldier76; 10-12-2016 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Typo

I pre-ordered it when it was first listed at DCBS. They said their order was short and they were waiting for more to come from Diamond. However, when I contacted IDW to find out if there were more (because I had heard that Diamond was sold out because they oversold it), they confirmed that it was gone and no more were coming because they were only allowed to print the 999 that got made. I need to contact DCBS for a refund because they charged my card way back when.
    That's strange that DCBS wouldn't send you a copy. They had copies available on IST and TOW the day it was released, so between all their storefronts they had the stock to fill your pre-order. You would think you would be at the top of the list since you pre-ordered it months in advance.

Have you checked with DCBS/IST/TOW lately? I pre-ordered mine Aug 3 just ahead of the original scheduled release date, prior to stopping pre-orders. Mine came a few weeks ago. I got copy 234/999 ordering that late in the game. That being said, we have no idea if the books were allocated based off first-in-first-out pre-orders or if it was just random.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    That's strange that DCBS wouldn't send you a copy. They had copies available on IST and TOW the day it was released, so between all their storefronts they had the stock to fill your pre-order. You would think you would be at the top of the list since you pre-ordered it months in advance.
    Yeah I agree. Sounds fishy. I think he should email DCBS/IST/TOW again and see what they say. They're usually great with customer service.

IMG_1861.jpg
    Clone saga minus dust jacket.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Also no table of contents. Just a credits page and an intro then it jumps straight into it.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    When I first wanted to read Big Time I looked for the first collection but it was out of stock everywhere, so I assumed it was out of print. That's when I decided to buy the smaller trades instead, and typically, all of the complete collections are available now. It feels like a waste of money to try and sell the ones I have (at a loss no doubt) to then buy the larger books but if I can't find Danger Zone in trade anywhere, I might be forced to.
    I have a spare one from when I upgraded from TPBs to PHCs, bro. It's yours. Just hit me up via DM to arrange details.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    IMG_1861.jpg
    My god what is going on with spidey's legs? ah, the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by lukabratzi View Post
    My god what is going on with spidey's legs? ah, the 90s
    Until you mentioned the legs I thought that was an amazing cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Omniboo, it just sounds weird
    Hey, I finally got caught up on the thread after spending several weeks reading every page. I'm glad someone else said this, since "omniboo" sounds like some made up kid word that I know I'd accidentally use in other, non-comic reading circles and look like an idiot. Nothing wrong with "omnibi" as the plural, right?

Also, thanks for all the Clone Saga omnibus pics -- I've been looking forward to it for a while since the first issue of Spider-Man I read (Spec. #222) was smack dab in the middle of that run. The guy with the shrink-wrapped copy should open it though. My copy of the Busiek Avengers Vol. 1 omni had a few pages that were practically trashed or folded in and uncut. Better to do a scan and make sure you don't need to replace it (unless you're planning on reselling down the line and keeping it wrapped for that).

Have a good day.
    G Morrow

Quote Originally Posted by G Morrow View Post
    Hey, I finally got caught up on the thread after spending several weeks reading every page. I'm glad someone else said this, since "omniboo" sounds like some made up kid word that I know I'd accidentally use in other, non-comic reading circles and look like an idiot. Nothing wrong with "omnibi" as the plural, right?
    Actually, yes. While omnibi is "acceptable" (on the grounds that language is owned by its users, and English has no academy deciding what words are in or out), the much more correct plural would be omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    IMG_1861.jpg
    That cover is ironic since it was originally used to promote the Planet of the Symboites crossover from the 1995 Super Specials (Annuals) which, as far as I know, aren't included in this Omnibus. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Actually, yes. While omnibi is "acceptable" (on the grounds that language is owned by its users, and English has no academy deciding what words are in or out), the much more correct plural would be omnibuses.
    I don't know. Something about "omnibuses" hits the ear wrong to me. Not that "omnibi" is necessarily much better, but...

Have a good day.
    G Morrow