Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    My apologies, I think I misunderstood that part of your OP.

I was thinking in terms of Danny Ketch trades Vol. 1-2, but then remembered there was no vol. 3. You were talking about all Ghost Rider volumes. In that case the answer is no, I'd say. My first GH was the Danny series, and I understood it just fine. Still haven't read anything that predates it, tbh.

phew, and I almost bought every Jonny Blaze Ghost Rider because you suggested it.

I read the first 15 issues of Danny Ketch when they came out, and stopped because I had to at the time. I think I will ignore vol. 1-2 and look out for Danny Ketch GR vol. 1. I could get it for 50 Dollar.
    Searching for the individual issues at eBay.de is way more expensive.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I received an update regarding the petition to get Marvel to revert back to the original SA Omnibus spines:

PETITION UPDATE
    Collectors Assemble (for our spines)
    Jonathan WAJNBERG
    Paris, France
    JUL 24, 2021 —

Hello guys,

We reached a peak with our petition. And to be honest it went way more far than I could imagine first.

The petition counts more than 175 signatures.

I didn't post the link since days, mostly in order to not spam or annoy anyone on the FB groups, but I guess this number of unsatisfaying people is enough to make Marvel see they are doing a big mistake with those new spines.

Few days ago, I sent an e-mail to Omar from Near Mint Condition and it was nice from him to answer me and tell that he was going to forward the petition to David Gabriel. You can watch his latest Q&A show on which he confirms that.

So... now the decision is up to the editor.

We still don't know if it will be taken into account but we've done our best for this issue.

We have done what we had to do, and I really really really wanted to thank you all for your efforts. Again, I even didn't hope more than few signatures when I launched the petition.
    Thanks a lot, guys. You are the greatests, whatever Marvel will decide for the silver age omnibus.

T H A N K Y O U

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I received an update regarding the petition to get Marvel to revert back to the original SA Omnibus spines:
    Thanks for letting us know, Raffi.

KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON OMNIBUS
    Written by DAN ABNETT & JOHN TOMLINSON
    Penciled by GARY ERSKINE, KEVIN HOPGOOD, MIKE COLLINS, PHIL GASCOINE, JOHN ROYLE, TERRY CLARK, JOHN ROSS, BRYAN HITCH & CARLOS PACHECO
    Covers by Alan Davis
    Since the days of King Arthur, the mystical Green Knight has been the protector and embodiment of Britain. Now, as Earth faces environmental disaster, several unlikely champions — including detective Dai Thomas, reporter Kate McClellan and writer Ben Gallagher — find themselves empowered to protect the land! But what are the mysterious spirits of the Pendragon? And can these newly minted heroes — along with Union Jack and WWII hero Albion — unravel the mystery of the Omni-Corporation and stave off the arcane evil of the Bane? It’s a moody and suspenseful thriller as only Marvel UK can provide! And when the Knights formally become a superteam, they’ll face the menaces of Mys-Tech, Baron Blood, Death’s Head II — and the Bane’s terrifying master, the Red Lord! Collecting KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON (1990) #1-18, KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON (1992) #1-15, MYS-TECH WARS #1-4 and DARK GUARD #1-4.
    1016 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93183-4
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

NEW WARRIORS CLASSIC OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA, DARICK ROBERTSON & MORE
    Penciled by DARICK ROBERTSON, CRAIG BRASFIELD, BRANDON MCKINNEY, RICHARD PACE, CHRIS MARRINAN, JAVIER SALTARES, STEPHEN JONES, DAVE HOOVER, TONY DANIEL, DAVID BOLLER, ROBERT WALKER & MORE
    Covers by DARICK ROBERTSON & RICHARD PACE
    All they want to do is change the world! But to do so, the New Warriors will have to grow up fast! In a brutal Middle Eastern conflict, can the team stay true to their ideals? As shadows engulf New York, the Warriors face the darkness within! And when their families are targeted, will the heroes reach their breaking point? Night Thrasher takes control of his future, Nova gets a major upgrade, Namorita is transformed and Marvel Boy begins his journey to justice! But who is (or are?) Turbo? And when the Sphinx scatters the Warriors through time, who will rise to take their place? Collecting NEW WARRIORS (1990) #27-53 and ANNUAL #3-4, NIGHT THRASHER: FOUR CONTROL #1-4, X-FORCE (1991) #32-33, NIGHT THRASHER #11-12, NOVA (1994) #6-7 and NEW WARRIORS ASHCAN EDITION — plus material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #122 and #159-163, MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL #2 and NIGHT THRASHER #1.
    1136 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93295-4

INVADERS OMNIBUS
    Written by ROY THOMAS, DON GLUT & MORE
    Penciled by FRANK ROBBINS, JIM MOONEY, ALAN KUPPERBERG, DON HECK, SAL BUSCEMA, JOHN BUSCEMA, DAVE HOOVER, LEE WEEKS & MORE
    Covers by FRANK ROBBINS, JACK KIRBY & GIL KANE
    Long before Captain America led the Avengers, he joined the original Human Torch, Namor the Sub-Mariner and more as the mightiest heroes of World War II — the Invaders! With young adventurers Bucky and Toro by their side, they charged into overseas action, taking on Nazi threats such as Baron Blood, Master Man, Warrior Woman and the vilest of them all — the Red Skull! Along the way, the Invaders made new allies including Union Jack, Spitfire and the Liberty Legion. And witness the heroes of two eras collide, as the Invaders battle alongside the Avengers and the Fantastic Four! Collecting GIANT-SIZE INVADERS #1-2, INVADERS (1975) #1-41 and ANNUAL #1, MARVEL PREMIERE #29-30, AVENGERS (1963) #71, INVADERS (1993) #1-4, WHAT IF? (1977) #4, FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #11, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE ANNUAL #1, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #20 and material from CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #22.
    1152 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93475-0

MOON KNIGHT OMNIBUS VOL. 1 (2nd PRINTING)
    Written by DOUG MOENCH, DAVID ANTHONY KRAFT, BILL MANTLO, STEVEN GRANT, JACK HARRIS, FRANK MILLER & MORE
    Penciled by DON PERLIN, KEITH GIFFEN, MIKE ZECK, JIM MOONEY, JIM CRAIG, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, DENYS COWAN, HERB TRIMPE, KEITH POLLARD & MORE
    Covers by DAVID FINCH & BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    Discover the many faces of the Moon Knight! Mercenary. Werewolf hunter. Millionaire playboy. Cab driver. Super hero? Moon Knight is many things to many people, and he has the multiple personalities to match! Follow Marc Spector, the earthly Fist of Khonshu, as he battles to find his place in the Marvel Universe — and builds the strangest rogues’ gallery in all of comics. Prepare yourself for the deadly Bushmaster! Arsenal, the one-man army! Stained Glass Scarlet, the nun with a crossbow! And more! Featuring iconic stories by Doug Moench and Bill Sienkiewicz! Collecting WEREWOLF BY NIGHT (1972) #32-33; MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1971) #28-29; DEFENDERS (1972) #47-50; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #22-23; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #52; MOON KNIGHT (1980) #1-20 and MARVEL TEAM-UP ANNUAL #4 — plus material from HULK MAGAZINE #11-15, #17-18 and #20; MARVEL PREVIEW #21 and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #220.
    1016 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93380-7

MOON KNIGHT OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    Written by DOUG MOENCH, ALAN ZELENETZ, DENNIS O’NEIL, STEVEN GRANT, TONY ISABELLA, CARY BURKETT, JO DUFFY, CHRISTOPHER PRIEST, ANN NOCENTI & MORE
    Penciled by VICENTE ALCAZAR, GREG LAROCQUE, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, JOE BROZOWSKI, KEVIN NOWLAN, BO HAMPTON, LUKE MCDONNELL, DENYS COWAN, CHRIS WARNER, MARK BEACHUM, BRENT ANDERSON, JUDITH HUNT & MORE
    Covers by ALEX ROSS & FRANK MILLER
    The end of the beginning! Doug Moench and Bill Sienkiewicz’s landmark, critically acclaimed run comes to a close. But first Moon Knight must survive threats old and new — including the madness of Morpheus, the deadly return of Stained Glass Scarlet, the devious Black Spectre and a rematch against the Werewolf by Night! Moon Knight teams with Iron Man, Brother Voodoo, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man and more — but when tragedy strikes, the dead walk and secrets come to light, will Moon Knight meet his final rest? Or will he rise again, reinvigorated as the Fist of Khonshu? Collecting MOON KNIGHT (1980) #21-38, IRON MAN (1968) #161, POWER MAN AND IRON FIST (1978) #87, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #144, MOON KNIGHT (1985) #1-6 and MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #30 — plus material from SOLO AVENGERS #3, MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #38-39 and MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1990) #1.
    960 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93453-8

STAR WARS LEGENDS: THE EMPIRE OMNIBUS VOL. 1
    Written by JOHN OSTRANDER, RANDY STRADLEY, W. HADEN BLACKMAN & ALEXANDER FREED
    Penciled by LUKE ROSS, DOUGLAS WHEATLEY, JIM HALL, CHRIS SCALF, MARCO CASTIELLO, ANDREA CHELLA, RICK LEONARDI, DAVE ROSS, LUI ANTONIO & AGUSTIN ALESSIO
    Covers by TSUNEO SANDA & DAVE WILKINS
    The Old Republic has fallen — and the Empire is rising! In the aftermath of Episode III, Sith lord Palpatine exerts his ruthless grip on the galaxy as his enforcer Darth Vader leads a brutal purge to wipe out the Jedi Order! Marked for death, Jedi Master K’Kruhk must protect the younglings under his care, as Master Dass Jennir finds refuge with a crew of smugglers. But to survive, will they abandon their heroic ideals? Meanwhile, the relentless Vader must rescue an officer’s son and defend the Emperor from an uprising — by any means necessary! Witness the beginnings of the Galactic Empire! Collecting STAR WARS: REPUBLIC #78-80, STAR WARS: PURGE, STAR WARS: PURGE — SECONDS TO DIE, STAR WARS: PURGE — THE HIDDEN BLADE, STAR WARS: PURGE — THE TYRANT’S FIST #1-2, STAR WARS: DARTH VADER AND THE LOST COMMAND #1-5, STAR WARS: DARK TIMES #1-17, STAR WARS: DARK TIMES — BLUE HARVEST #0, STAR WARS: DARK TIMES — OUT OF THE WILDERNESS #1-5 and STAR WARS: DARTH VADER AND THE GHOST PRISON #1-5.
    992 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93417-0

YOUNG AVENGERS BY HEINBERG & CHEUNG OMNIBUS
    Written by ALLAN HEINBERG
    Penciled by JIM CHEUNG, ANDREA DI VITO, ALAN DAVIS & MORE
    Covers by JIM CHEUNG & ALLAN HEINBERG
    Acclaimed TV veteran Allan Heinberg and superstar artist Jim Cheung’s complete YOUNG AVENGERS collaborations — in a single Omnibus for the first time! When the original Avengers disband, costumed teens Patriot, Asgardian, Hulkling, Iron Lad, Hawkeye and Stature unite to fill the gap. Their first order of business: surviving the wrath of Kang the Conqueror! Second? Weathering the disapproval of the adult Avengers! But when their teammate Billy’s magical powers spiral out of control, the Young Avengers set out to find the one person who might help: the Scarlet Witch, who might be Billy’s mother…and whose own uncontrollable powers caused the Avengers’ dissolution! Once the young heroes find her, nothing will ever be the same! Collecting YOUNG AVENGERS (2005) #1-12, YOUNG AVENGERS SPECIAL #1, AVENGERS: THE CHILDREN’S CRUSADE #1-9, AVENGERS: THE CHILDREN’S CRUSADE — YOUNG AVENGERS and material from UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #526.
    600 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93389-0

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE UNCANNY X-MEN VOL. 14 HC
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by ALAN DAVIS & JON BOGDANOVE with JOHN ROMITA JR., ARTHUR ADAMS, BUTCH GUICE, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH, MARC SILVESTRI, RICK LEONARDI & BRET BLEVINS
    Cover by BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH
    In his very first work for Marvel in the U.S., iconic artist Alan Davis delivers on a double-sized NEW MUTANTS Annual that introduces Psylocke to the world of the X-Men! But she’s arrived just as Sabretooth and the Marauders go on the hunt for Morlocks — and they don’t mind slaying any X-Men who get in the way! The “Mutant Massacre” event shocked readers and set a high-water mark for X-Men storytelling. Plus: Longshot joins the X-Men as they — and the New Mutants — take on Mojo in an Arthur Adams-drawn Annual! Meanwhile, Kitty Pryde is slowly disintegrating, leading the X-Men to make a deal with Doctor Doom to save her. Needless to say, the Fantastic Four have something to say about that! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #210-219, X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #10, NEW MUTANTS ANNUAL #2 and FANTASTIC FOUR VS. X-MEN #1-4.
    496 PGS./Rated T …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93344-9
    Trim size: 7 x 10

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: DOCTOR STRANGE VOL. 10 HC
    Written by ROGER STERN with CARL POTTS & ANN NOCENTI
    Penciled by PAUL SMITH & DAN GREEN with STEVE LEIALOHA, CARL POTTS, TONY SALMONS & BRET BLEVINS
    Cover by FRANK CIROCCO
    The Marvel Masterworks reach the epic finale of legendary writer Roger Stern’s Doctor Strange run! He’s joined by Paul Smith and Dan Green and a host of top guest-artists all of whom add their beautifully-crafted visuals to the magical milieu. These master storytellers will introduce Dr. Stephen Strange to some of his toughest challenges yet: Dracula is in pursuit of the mythical book of demonic power – the Darkhold! Scarlet Witch, Monica Rambeau, Blade and Hannibal King join forces with Doctor Strange to keep it from the Lord of the Vampires! Then, the curse of the Ebony Blade has driven the Black Knight mad. Can Doc Strange pull him back from the brink? Plus: Clea wages war to end Umar’s reign over the Dark Dimension! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE (1974) #58-73.
    400 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93320-3

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

I know some people have talked about their preorders getting cancelled and having to put another order in for them.
    I have 3 preorders in over at ToW and have not gotten any notifications about cancelling and reordering. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I'm preordering some of my white whales (The Death of Capt America omni, Fantastic Four by Hickman vol. 1 and the X-men by Hickman).

Am I being paranoid about this? ToW is a sister company of IST, which is the same as DCBS?

THE INCREDIBLE HULK OMNIBUS VOL. 1 (2nd PRINTING)
    Written by STAN LEE & GARY FRIEDRICH
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY, STEVE DITKO, GIL KANE, JOHN BUSCEMA & MARIE SEVERIN with DICK AYERS, BOB POWELL & MORE
    Covers by ALEX ROSS & JACK KIRBY
    Dr. Robert Bruce Banner may be a mild-mannered scientist, but after being caught in a gamma bomb explosion, he was transformed into the unstoppable engine of destruction known as the Incredible Hulk! From the earliest Stan Lee/Jack Kirby issues that put an irradiated angle on the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde complex, to Steve DitkoÂ’s psychological slobberknockers in TALES TO ASTONISH and the Jade GiantÂ’s return to his own solo series, Marvel is proud to present everyoneÂ’s favorite man-monster from the very beginning! Featuring General Thunderbolt Ross; Betty Ross, the tortured woman who loves Bruce Banner; vile villains from the Leader to the Abomination; and earth-shaking battles against the Silver Surfer, Thor, Giant-Man, Namor, Hercules and more! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1962) #1-6, TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #100, INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #102, and material from TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #59-99 and #101.
    752 PGS./All Ages Â…$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93386-9

FANTASTIC FOUR BY JONATHAN HICKMAN OMNIBUS VOL. 2 (2nd PRINTING)
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Penciled by GREG TOCCHINI, STEVE EPTING, BARRY KITSON, JUAN BOBILLO, NICK DRAGOTTA, GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA, ANDRÉ LIMA ARAÚJO, CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO, RON GARNEY, MIKE CHOI, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, RYAN STEGMAN & MORE
    Covers by Gabriele Dell’Otto & Giuseppe Camuncoli
    Superstar writer Jonathan Hickman continues to revamp and redefine Marvel’s First Family! The War of Four Cities escalates, with the Future Foundation caught in the middle! But as the Inhumans return to Earth, and Annihilus’ forces and the Kree armada lay siege to the planet, will the coming of Galactus turn the tide — or doom us all? As the Future Foundation contends with the Council of Reeds and the Mad Celestials, Valeria turns to their greatest foe! Find out why all hope lies in Doom! And in the aftermath of an endgame beyond imagination, the FF explore the farthest reaches of the Marvel Universe — from Wakanda to the Negative Zone, from the past to the future! Collecting FF (2011) #6-23 and FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #600-611 and #605.1.
    832 PGS./Rated T …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93384-5