Page 860 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3607608108508568578588598608618628638648709109601360 ... LastLast
Results 12,886 to 12,900 of 20754
    Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

I wanted to mention that Brian Cronin is doing a new CBR Top 100 list. This is the first time he's done one for One-Shots and Graphic Novels. Voting ends August 31st. Here's a link:
    https://www.cbr.com/vote-top-comic-b...raphic-novels/

Extraordinary Member

Is the Kraven Deluxe edition the restored version with accurate color and credits that appeared in the recent Epic collection, or is it the recolored "graphic novel" version published before?

As for the story, I think the more advanced writing style (compared to most of Marvel's other '80s comics I mean) and the grim and gritty violence sort of camouflage what a standard Spider-Man story it really is. "The bad guy knocks out Spider-Man instead of killing him and then puts on Spidey's costume so he can prove he's a better Spider-Man than the original" is something Stan Lee could have done. So like a lot of gritty superhero stories it's not as serious as it thinks it is. This also happens a lot with Batman stories, of course.

All-New Member

Any chance, any of the Dan Slotts Spider-mans arcs, to appear in omnibus formats in the future? I’m always so close to purchasing his amazing and superior spiderman deluxes hardcovers. But I hold back, feeling it will be suited for omnibus eventually. I’m sure there will be an announcement, the moment I cave and get them. Lol

Just a reminder......
    We are a few months away from the Conan The Barbarian Omnibus vol.1 (01/16/2019)
    featuring the art of Barry Windsor Smith !
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 08-19-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I am looking forward to Marvels November solicitations
    October disappointed me, hoping up coming listings
    Has a few gems.
    You are hoping for a something new to be added?
    We already know what their HC, OHC, Omni, MMW and Epics are through the end of the year.

Is there some precedent that I don't recall where Marvel has snuck in something that wasn't solicited some 6months prior?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Is the Kraven Deluxe edition the restored version with accurate color and credits that appeared in the recent Epic collection, or is it the recolored "graphic novel" version published before?
    It's the recolored version.

Here's a vid of it (should start while he's flicking through it, if not it's around the 5:40 mark).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Bl36Mcs_c&t=359s

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    It's the recolored version.

Here's a vid of it (should start while he's flicking through it, if not it's around the 5:40 mark).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Bl36Mcs_c&t=359s
    Thanks. I'll stick with the Epic version then, though I can sort of see why they thought the recolored was more appropriate for a stand-alone reprint.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Just a reminder......
    We are a few months away from the Conan The Barbarian Omnibus vol.1 (01/16/2019)
    featuring the art of Barry Windsor Smith !
    Will it contain the colored Red Nails?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    You are hoping for a something new to be added?
    We already know what their HC, OHC, Omni, MMW and Epics are through the end of the year.

Is there some precedent that I don't recall where Marvel has snuck in something that wasn't solicited some 6months prior?
    Yeah there have been some Stealth Omnis such as the Brubaker Daredevil Reprints and also some other titles but I don't have a list. Also it feels like the last one of these titles has been a long time ago?
    I was so hoping for a Brubaker Iron Fist surprise...

Should I go ahead and pick up Enemy Within and Duel of Iron Epics since it doesn't seem like we'll be getting a follow up to the "Vol 1" Omnibus prior to that?

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Will it contain the colored Red Nails?
    Red Nails should be in Vol. 2.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Yeah there have been some Stealth Omnis such as the Brubaker Daredevil Reprints and also some other titles but I don't have a list. Also it feels like the last one of these titles has been a long time ago?
    Yes, that would be great re: IIF Omni and also the Bendis DD Omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I think the Howard the Duck omnibus reissue (around the time of the first Guardians movies) also was a surprise book that wasn't solicited the first time around.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Hickman's Fantastic Four Complete collection Vol. 1 comes out this week. Am I right in thinking that Complete Collections always come out with just 2 volumes? If so are they gonna get all of Hickman's stuff into 2 volumes?

Amazon says Vol 1 includes: "Collecting DARK REIGN: FANTASTIC FOUR 1-5, FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) 570-578, and material from DARK REIGN: THE CABAL ONE-SHOT "

While the omnibus Vol. 1 includes: "Dark Reign : Fantastic Four 1-5, Dark Reign : The Cabal, Fantastic Four 570-588, FF 1-5"

Edit: My problem is that I own the Vol. 2 omnibus and I'm very impatient and wondering what to do.
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 08-20-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Hickman's Fantastic Four Complete collection Vol. 1 comes out this week. Am I right in thinking that Complete Collections always come out with just 2 volumes? If so are they gonna get all of Hickman's stuff into 2 volumes?

Amazon says Vol 1 includes: "Collecting DARK REIGN: FANTASTIC FOUR 1-5, FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) 570-578, and material from DARK REIGN: THE CABAL ONE-SHOT "

While the omnibus Vol. 1 includes: "Dark Reign : Fantastic Four 1-5, Dark Reign : The Cabal, Fantastic Four 570-588, FF 1-5"

Edit: My problem is that I own the Vol. 2 omnibus and I'm very impatient and wondering what to do.
    No, there isn't a limit on the number of volumes. For example, there are 6 or 7 volumes of the Punisher MAX Complete Collections.