Page 256 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1562062462522532542552562572582592602663063567561256 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Goon is amaaaaaaazing

Just buy it. Now.

Do it.
    It has been added to my list but the DD companion got the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    It has been added to my list but the DD companion got the nod.
    when you get both DD and the Goon, put the two books next to each other and compare their sizes, quality and price.
    Just for fun :P
    (I don't say you shouldn't get the DD omni, it's good material)

Goon and iZombie might be the ones I go for as I don't have them on my list. Cheers Balakin.
    I started reading The Goon Library 1 yesterday and I'm loving it. It keeps putting a smile on my face and the characters are great. It's a really nice book to hold and read as well. The paper is really thick, almost card like!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    when you get both DD and the Goon, put the two books next to each other and compare their sizes, quality and price.
    Just for fun :P
    (I don't say you shouldn't get the DD omni, it's good material)
    So my refund was spent on the DD companion... and then a few more pounds on Astor City, Quantum and Woody Q2 the second Black Panther collection and Olympus...the Goon and iZombie are at the head of the queue for next month.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I started reading The Goon Library 1 yesterday and I'm loving it. It keeps putting a smile on my face and the characters are great. It's a really nice book to hold and read as well. The paper is really thick, almost card like!
    Yeah I love the Dark Horse Library editions, with the Hellboy book I was always worried I had turned over two pages at a time.

Amazing Member

Thirded...fourthed?

The Goon is really, really good stuff and is comparable to Hellboy in quality. It starts of a liiittle rough, but very quickly finds its feet and becomes something special.

On a side note, is anyone else's copy of Vol 2 slightly bendy? I feel like it's worse quality than the first, whereas Hellboy LEs were uniform for all volumes.

Now that I finally caved and bought both of Bendis' Daredevil Omni's I am sure volume 1 will be re-printed in the near future.

So for anyone looking for them, you're welcome in advance
    Last edited by Andru; 04-04-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Yeah I love the Dark Horse Library editions, with the Hellboy book I was always worried I had turned over two pages at a time.
    I was thinking the same when I first picked The Goon up, but I'm glad Dark Horse put page numbers in it.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member

Pretty good week for Marvel with 2 omnibus to buy. I'll probably buy the frank miller companion http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT150968

first at IST and then use the 2% discount on this puppy

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT150963

Hopefully they both have the 50% off discount tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Pretty good week for Marvel with 2 omnibus to buy. I'll probably buy the frank miller companion http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT150968

first at IST and then use the 2% discount on this puppy

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT150963

Hopefully they both have the 50% off discount tomorrow.
    That Byrne Omni seems like such a hodgepodge of "meh" material to me.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I was looking through the Hachette catalogue and crew somewhat concerned regarding the Star Wars OHCs.

There were solicits in the catalogue for Star Wars Volume 1 and Darth Vader Volume 2 (presumably Darth Vader Volume 1 was in the previous catalogue). Both Vol 1s contain issues 1-12 (the series up to the Vader Down crossover). Darth Vader Vol 2 contains the Vader Down crossover and also several more issues of Darth Vader (16-19 and Annual 1).

My concern is that Star Wars Vol 2 will also contain the Vader Down crossover. I will not want to buy it twice. I assumed that Vader Down would have its own OHC, and the Star Wars and Darth Vader OHCs would skip it (like they're doing with the TPBs: Star Wars Volumes 1-3 are 1-6, 7-12, and 15-18. Darth Vader Volumes 1-3 are 1-6, 7-12, and 16-19 + Annual 1.)

Do you guys suspect that the crossover will appear in both OHCs? Has recent history shown that to be likely? I'm just recalling how many TPBs and OHCs for recent series double-up on events. If Star Wars Vol 2 is likely to contain the crossover, then I'm more likely to buy TPBs rather than OHCs.
    Yes, I suspect it will appear in both, just like how Trial of Jean Grey appears in both All New X-Men OHC 3 and Guardians of the Galaxy OHC 2. The cross over is big enough to be it's own tpb, but too small for it's own OHC
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It'll be $50...then a year from now it'll be back over $100 in OOP territory. Don't whine later if you let it go OOP when you could get it for $50...NOW.
    I'm Canadian, so it's going to be more like $75-80 at minimum.

All for a book with an original cover price of just $55.
    Miller was right.

Just a heads up to anyone ordering the Daredevil Companion and who shops at CGN. They still have it listed as $125 list price so if it doesnt change I would just order it from IST tomorrow. I only order from IST but I brought this up last month and someone verified that the list price is $100 (that's what Amazon has it as). No reason to spend an extra $12.50 plus the $8 shipping.

I just emailed CGN letting them know about the pricing. If they respond I'll leave a post since I know a lot of you guys buy from CGN rather than IST because of quicker shipping.

P.S. They just emailed me that it has been corrected and I just checked and it was! That was quick, maybe they saw my post saying to shop at IST instead! Haha.
    Last edited by smc123; 04-04-2016 at 03:40 PM.

The worst part about moving:

shelf.jpg

Should have kept more of those Diamond distro boxes.

i just finished the daredevil omnibus by miller & janson earlier today and i really enjoyed it. it started off slow with the issues that weren't written by miller but really picked up once he was writing. the thing i liked most was the evolution of the art over the course of the book. it was interesting to see the layouts by miller and the finishes by janson in the back. some panels looked better with just millers sketch compared to finished art and others where janson really elevated millers work. certainly a cool dynamic between the two.

i will be ordering the companion later on this week and look forward to it. i've read born again, but it's been awhile, but nothing else from the collection.
    formerly 'weeks'