Page 714 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2146146647047107117127137147157167177187247648141214 ... LastLast
Results 10,696 to 10,710 of 20762
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Hey guys, should i get the x-men classic omnibus ? I already have uncanny x-men omnibus vol 123
    It's a great companion to Uncanny vol.1, but depends how fussed you are about "The Extras" for your collection.

Fantastic Member

Aaron's Thor output before #700 is already 1500 story pages, so it would be at least two-volume omnibus set now, and who knows how long he's planning to stay with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Hey guys, should i get the x-men classic omnibus ? I already have uncanny x-men omnibus vol 123
    We actually had this conversation the other day (I asked the same question). Go back a few pages and you can get some good info. I think I got talked into buying it. LOL

Mighty Member

Well i guess with Bendis going DC exclusive that pretty much squashes any remainimg hope for subsequent follow up volumes to his orphaned v1 omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Well i guess with Bendis going DC exclusive that pretty much squashes any remainimg hope for subsequent follow up volumes to his orphaned v1 omnis.
    Not necessarily. The Thor: Heroes Return Omni that was just released is by two DC exclusives, one of whom was synonymous with Marvel (Romita Jr). And Marvel was happy to push the Avengers by Geoff Johns collections a few years back, long after he'd become their Chief Creative Officer. I think the biggest impact this will have on future releases is that his name may not be front and centre anymore. (So just as well all the Avengers by Brian Bendis complete collections will be released by the time he's moved to DC!)

He appears to have left on good terms. I'm bummed because I really dug the direction he was taking Iron Man and Dr. Doom. I wanted to see that play out. Also, his Defenders was pretty cool as well.

Mighty Member

Im just saying chances were were already slim for USM or NA v2s, this certainly doesn't imcrease the odds.

Yeah i was looking forward to seeing where IM and Defenders were going. I'm a big fan of Bendis, so it'll be fun to see him play in the DC toybox

Im just saying chances were were already slim for USM or NA v2s, this certainly doesn't imcrease the odds.

Yeah i was looking forward to seeing where IM and Defenders were going. I'm a big fan of Bendis, so it'll be fun to see him play in the DC toybox

I like him as well. I think it's the cool thing to hate on the guy and, yes he can repeat himself sometimes but for the most part he's a great storyteller. I'm super excited to see what he brings to DC. That said, deep down I always kind of hoped Marvel would have given him the 616 Amazing Spider-Man title. I liked his version in New Avengers and was always curious to see him handle a full solo title. Oh well.

USM and NA have been completely collected in the oversized hardcover format for *years*. You are free to buy them at any point.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    USM and NA have been completely collected in the oversized hardcover format for *years*. You are free to buy them at any point.
    Absolutely - if they are going to do anymore Ultimate omnibuses, can we please have a Miles Morales one, which hasn't been done in OHC format yet. I really feel like it's the missing piece of the Ultimate OHC collection.

So what? If someone wants them in omnibus form they want them in omnibus form. People are free to want it in the format they want to buy it in without someone being a jerk about it.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I ended up getting Thor OHC volume 1.

Mighty Member

But that's Orion's m.o. I'd be disappointed otherwise. He's part of the family. Like that cousin you see at holidays everyone hates
    Last edited by awayne83; 11-08-2017 at 03:21 PM.

And once again...you just don't get it do you? Why do you act like such a dick? The previous posters are obviously referring to OHC collection or omnibus edition. You know this. Why bother chiming in if you have nothing to add?

Looking on amazon and see the MMW Champions book is highly discounted. Is it cheap because it is not very good?