Page 456 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556956 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 20730
    Mighty Member

Rsisited buying epics so far, but those 2 spiderman ones are mighty enticing...

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

Tangled web seems interesting. Is that like a villian focused series? I've never read any of it that I'm aware of.
    Yes, sort of. It was an outsider's look at Spider-Man often with focus on the the villain. Garth Ennis, as I recall, did a good one on Rhino in which he got smart (a play off o Flowers for Algenon. Brian Azz - I believe it was him - did a story or an arc about a loyal Kingpin henchman making his way to the see the big man after Spider-Man showed up and botched one of their operations.
    Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    That's good news, especially the Michelinie/Larsen one. I keep hoping they omni the post Stern Alien Costume Saga though. They have it in two fat tpb complete collection books that I keep holding off on for buyers fear. I figure if I cave and buy them they'll end up announcing the omni shortly after.
    I've never read any of the Tangled Web stuff, it will be a wait and see one for me.
    no ****. enough of this already. collect from Sterne up through the McFarlane ASM omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Garth Ennis, as I recall, did a good one on Rhino in which he got smart (a play off o Flowers for Algenon). Good stuff.
    It was written by Peter Milligan. Great, great story.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

That's good news, especially the Michelinie/Larsen one. I keep hoping they omni the post Stern Alien Costume Saga though. They have it in two fat tpb complete collection books that I keep holding off on for buyers fear. I figure if I cave and buy them they'll end up announcing the omni shortly after.
    I've never read any of the Tangled Web stuff, it will be a wait and see one for me.

Oh, and on the Superior Foes topic, I love that book. Brilliant stuff, both writing and art.
    Yeah, I have those 2 Complete Alien Saga TPBs. Picked up the first one for dirt cheap and had to get the 2nd one (from IST) even though I'm not a TPB guy, strictly OHC/MMW unless it's DD.

Haven't read much of Tangled Web but what I have read for eg. the Rhino story (like my fellow posters) was good stuff. Issues #4-11 were included in The Best of Spider-Man OHCs which I have.

Seeing the pace Marvel are churning out these Omnis, we'll probably get Omnis of the Complete Alien Saga and Straczynski's run and I'll end up double dipping.

Of the new batch of stuff, I'll only be picking up the 2 Spidey Omnis. I'm really hoping that we'll get The New Avengers Vol. 2 Omni after the dust settles on those Complete Collections.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

One more Spidey amazon fish:

Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 19

COLLECTING: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) 193-202, ANNUAL (1964) 13, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL (1979) 1

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    some new MArvel stuff showed up on amazon but I'm too lazy to copy everything (from the Omnibus collector's group)
    the 2 main ones are the Michelinie-LArson Spidey omnibus
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302907026...=p_30%3Amarvel
    So some slight overlap with the Micheline/McFarlane Omni it seems if the Amazon description is right.

ASM #324, 327 and 329 are in both Omni's? Thats'....odd, right? I mean it's either/or, or should be based on the artist, yes?
    The rest of the description will be all new to Omni format.

So we are going to have ASM in Omni form in these collections:
    ASM vol.1-3 #1-104
    Stern #206, 224-252
    Mich/McFarlane #296-329
    Mich/Larsen #287, 330-350
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So some slight overlap with the Micheline/McFarlane Omni it seems if the Amazon description is right.

ASM #324, 327 and 329 are in both Omni's? Thats'....odd, right? I mean it's either/or, or should be based on the artist, yes?
    I agree, it's odd. It would appear that the first Michelinie omnibus (McFarlane) favored the approach of a contiguous range of issues by the same author, whereas this follow-up volume is geared more towards Larsen as the artist. He actually did the penciling work on ASM 324, 327, and 329. I guess McFarlane didn't have the bandwidth to keep up with every issue of ASM when it was coming out more than once per month in late 1989. Also, Michelinie had no involvement in any of the adjectiveless Spider-Man issues; Larsen did all the writing, penciling, and inking for those. Similarly, Howard Mackie was the author of the ASM Vol. 2 (1999) issues. The material from MCP 48-50 was authored/drawn by Larsen too. That's 13 issues of the omnibus that omit Michelinie completely.

Had Larsen's stint on Spider-Man lasted slightly longer, I'm sure Marvel would have happily moved those issues into their own thin omni, like the McFarlane one we got two months ago.

On a related note, I'm loving the news of a Spidey Epic that follows up directly where ASM Omni v3 will leave off, encompassing the Gwen Stacy storyline. Also grateful for the Kraven's Last Hunt Epic, even if the gap filled in ASM is modest.

The New Avengers complete collections vol 1 to 5, Is that more than was collected in the vol 1 omni?

The new omnis and Epics are great news for me. I've only been trying to collect AMS for the past couple of years (along with other books) and I've got huge gaps. However, the one I really want to read and buy the most is the Macfarlane/Michelinie omnibus, so I'd love a reprint of that eventually.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    I agree, it's odd. It would appear that the first Michelinie omnibus (McFarlane) favored the approach of a contiguous range of issues by the same author, whereas this follow-up volume is geared more towards Larsen as the artist. He actually did the penciling work on ASM 324, 327, and 329. I guess McFarlane didn't have the bandwidth to keep up with every issue of ASM when it was coming out more than once per month in late 1989. Also, Michelinie had no involvement in any of the adjectiveless Spider-Man issues; Larsen did all the writing, penciling, and inking for those. Similarly, Howard Mackie was the author of the ASM Vol. 2 (1999) issues. The material from MCP 48-50 was authored/drawn by Larsen too. That's 13 issues of the omnibus that omit Michelinie completely.

Had Larsen's stint on Spider-Man lasted slightly longer, I'm sure Marvel would have happily moved those issues into their own thin omni, like the McFarlane one we got two months ago.

On a related note, I'm loving the news of a Spidey Epic that follows up directly where ASM Omni v3 will leave off, encompassing the Gwen Stacy storyline. Also grateful for the Kraven's Last Hunt Epic, even if the gap filled in ASM is modest.
    It says in the description it collects all of Larson's work on Spider man. Its more comparable to the stern omni in that regard than the Michelinie/Mcfarlane run. Hence the adjectiveless approach a la stern.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    The New Avengers complete collections vol 1 to 5, Is that more than was collected in the vol 1 omni?
    I don't have the omni but I think it's contents would be covered up through the vol 3 tpb with some overlap. So if you wanted to finish the run in tpb you would need tpbs 3-5. I think. If that's your plan it might be better to seek out the new avengers ohcs instead. Although they are out of print now.

And this is only a guess, but by getting the run in these tpbs now, along with the huge lag since the first omni was released, it's my opinion that getting a new avengers by Bendis omni vol 2 is now slim to none. That ship has sailed. Anything can happen obviously, but I don't think we will see a vol 2 omni. Just like those still waiting for an Iron Man by Fraction / LaRocca ohc vol 3 - I think these ships have sailed...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

The rest of the description will be all new to Omni format.

So we are going to have ASM in Omni form in these collections:
    ASM vol.1-3 #1-104
    Stern #206, 224-252
    Mich/McFarlane #296-329
    Mich/Larsen #287, 330-350
    Plus whatever issues are in the new Clone Saga omni.

Plus whatever issues are in the new Clone Saga omni.
    Has volume 2 been confirmed or fished?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian2staples View Post
    plus whatever issues are in the new clone saga omni.
    asm 394-401

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    It was written by Peter Milligan. Great, great story.
    Yes, my bad. Ennis did a different arc. And yeah Milligan's was a cool story.