Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Guys, I need your wisdom.

As you've no doubt heard me whine earlier in this thread about how I blinked and missed out on the War or the Realms Omnibus (that I had been patiently waiting for).

What little of it there is online (pretty much only ebay) goes for over $180 (after shipping). Amazon-UK has it for $160 (after shipping), which is pricey, but the cheapest I can find it right now.

Should I bite, or wait?
    How much is it worth for you to have it right now? There is no guarantee it will come back in stock, but looking at how ASM by JMS and PAD Hulk have gotten restocked after pretty quick sellouts I wouldn’t be surprised if WotR came back. Pretty sure the ASM Omni even got a second print run as I have seen posts that there is a rounded spine version of the Quesada variant out there now instead of the flat spine the first batch had. I think Marvel is paying much more attention to how these books are selling now.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Its in stock at Amazon.Ca, cheaper than the UK one. No idea how much postage is though!

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Its in stock at Amazon.Ca, cheaper than the UK one. No idea how much postage is though!
    Won't ship to the US (or at least not to California).

Guys, I need your wisdom.

As you've no doubt heard me whine earlier in this thread about how I blinked and missed out on the War or the Realms Omnibus (that I had been patiently waiting for).

What little of it there is online (pretty much only ebay) goes for over $180 (after shipping). Amazon-UK has it for $160 (after shipping), which is pricey, but the cheapest I can find it right now.

Should I bite, or wait?
    Last I checked (yesterday), War of the Realms Omni is still up on Indigo for around $120 USD (before shipping).

Spectacular Member

Won't ship to the US (or at least not to California).
    Its still in stock at Forbidden Planet, £72, might be worth contacting for a postage quote.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The first volume of the NR era is OOP and pretty expensive after market (say, $65 give or take) and covers the SotE sequel and Mara Jade comic, among other things. It's kind of a hodge podge, rather than a thematic collection (like the next 4 NR era volumes). I think there will be three more NR era volumes after Dark Empire - one for Crimson Empire, one for Leviathan/Union/Boba Fett, and one for Chewbacca/Invasion (or that will be a singular volume of the NJO era).

SotE isn't collected yet because they appear to be going v1, v2, ... through each era individually. SotE is certainly "Rebellion" era, probably v5 or v6 but maybe even v7 (I'm having trouble parsing what all has or has not been collected in this era, but it seems like Shadows of the Empire will be in the last Rebellion volume, however the numbering works, unless they put all the Dark Forces books together in this era).
    Somewhat related to his; I remember as a kid I really disliked the art in Dark Empire, but today I read a Boba Fett mini-series that was done by the same artist, and honestly now I feel that the art fits perfectly together with that storyline. I've been trying to find a physical copy of this series but it seems to be out of print. The story itself is also pretty good to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Its still in stock at Forbidden Planet, £72, might be worth contacting for a postage quote.
    Also not delivering to US.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Last I checked (yesterday), War of the Realms Omni is still up on Indigo for around $120 USD (before shipping).
    Then it's $30 for shipping, still kinda pricey... ?
    Last edited by slop101; 11-28-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

New Marvel omnibus coming in summer 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtyvvVaxYVE

I think a lot of people have been waiting for this one.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

X-Factor by Peter David vol.1 is a nice announcement.
    Will be nice to see them collect the first part of this volume though as well. That would be at least what, two volumes with crossovers etc?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    New Marvel omnibus coming in summer 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtyvvVaxYVE

I think a lot of people have been waiting for this one.
    Never read this run, except the therapy issue. May get it.

TBH I'd much rather have the later X-Factor run that started with the Madrox mini. Or at least get complete collections of the full run. That was an amazing series!

Yeah, David's second run on X-Factor, starting with Madrox and ending with #262 was a MUCH better book/run - would love an Omni of that - it would have to take 2 volumes, or one HUGE volume, to collect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Never read this run, except the therapy issue. May get it.

TBH I'd much rather have the later X-Factor run that started with the Madrox mini. Or at least get complete collections of the full run. That was an amazing series!
    The omnibus does have "Volume 1". Given how quickly the the Hulk by PAD volume 2 came out, we may see that pretty soon.

Yeah, David's second run on X-Factor, starting with Madrox and ending with #262 was a MUCH better book/run - would love an Omni of that - it would have to take 2 volumes, or one HUGE volume, to collect.
    The Investigations series was at least 113 issues (#1 to 50 then #200 to 262), not including one shots or Point One issues. That's also not including the Madrox mini, or crossover issues, eg She-Hulk. I think delivery people would be getting in touch with unions and legal representatives if Marvel published all that in a single volume

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I'd love that as well. Bought a couple of trades from that run, excellent stuff.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

So all of that X-Factor material is already collected in Epic Vol.'s 7 and 8 (minus #'s 55 and 70). While I'm jazzed to see it get the upgraded treatment, I don't think it makes sense to call this book "Vol. 1" when presumably Vol. 2 - 3 (4?) will be the X-Factor Investigations material. As we all know, the two books were night and day.

Another thought is that they tried doing Complete Collections already, and that line was canceled two books in, so maybe they figured they'd rope in more sales by starting with the classic 90's run...? *shrug*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES