Page 1014 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 145149149641004101010111012101310141015101610171018102410641114 ... LastLast
Results 15,196 to 15,210 of 20773
    Astonishing Member

From the new collected editions it´s the reprint of Uncanny X-Men#1 Omnibus and the Infinity Saga Omnibus that i will add to my wishlist of books to buy.
    The Acts of of Vengeance:Marvel Universe TPB and the previous TPB featuring the Avengers stories i will be buying as well because that means that with those two TPB i will have almost all the stories in the two Acts of Vengeance Omnibuses (One of them is even OOP),the main stories missing from the these two new TPB´S are X-men stories but they are collected in other Omnibuses as the X-men by Chris Clameront and Jim Lee Omnibus.
    I started collecting the new Doctor Strange comic book and the first issue by Mark Waid and Kev Walker was awesome so that will be a comic book i will be rather reading in single issues that collected editions.

Spectacular Member

How good are the other Infinity Omnibus compared to Infinity Gauntlet? Are they as good as Infinity Gauntlet?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    How good are the other Infinity Omnibus compared to Infinity Gauntlet? Are they as good as Infinity Gauntlet?
    Dunno.I have not read them.
    I kept adding the new stories by Jim Starlin in my wish list but i have not read them yet.
    It´s cool to have all those new Infinity stories collected in a Omnibus because i am a fan of Jim Starlin and cosniderating how i liked all those cosmic stories writen by him as the first Thanos stories or the Infinity trilogy of the 90´s i am guessing the new stories are good stories as well.

Mighty Member

I will assume you're asking about story contents - Infinity War is a solid follow up (but it's missing the first Infinity Watch arc which is an important bridge between Gauntlet and War). The doppelganger tie-ins vary, but have some high points.

I thought Infinity Crusade kinda sucked.

Thanos War was awesome. Lots of stuff in that collection. Trippy Adam Warlock, big Captain Marvel arc, Death of Captain Marvel. Fun stuff

If Infinity Saga (the new one, haven't seen contents yet) is the 6 OGNs plus interstitial content, it's solid. I thought the first half was better than the second, but it was a very fitting finale for Starlin's time in the cosmic Marvel universe
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Just watched a near mint condition video and saw that they are reprinting and expanding The Eternals Omnibus. Along with a few other Omni announcements. Definitely really cool that they add more things to be printed instead of taking them away.
    In their video, they point out that the Eternals omnibus is not just a reprint. It has additional content with the 1980a 12 issue mini and some other guest appearances.

Spectacular Member

Can someone explain where the upcoming Infinity Saga omnibus fits in relation to the Thanos Wars and three Infinity Gauntlet Omni trilogy. When did Starlin write this? Is this almost like a companion and exploring those characters and stories further? I wouldn’t want to get it if it’s just rehashing things already covered in the other four omnis. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Can someone explain where the upcoming Infinity Saga omnibus fits in relation to the Thanos Wars and three Infinity Gauntlet Omni trilogy. When did Starlin write this? Is this almost like a companion and exploring those characters and stories further? I wouldn’t want to get it if it’s just rehashing things already covered in the other four omnis. Thanks in advance for your responses.
    We don't know the contents yet. Unless it's a weird mash up omni (like that IG/Hickman Infinity one), it will most likely be the recent OGNs - Infinity Siblings, Infinity Conflict, Infinity Ending, Infinity Finale, Infinity Revelation, Infinity Relativity - and the interstitial material - Infinity Entity and Thanos vs Hulk 4-issue minis and Thanos Annual 1.

The only other real possibility would be Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos 1-6 (plus maybe some non-Starlin Thanos stuff?).

As to placement, after Infinity Crusade there were a number of stories not by Starlin (Thanos vs Thor, Cosmic Powers, etc). Then Starlin wrote Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos 1-6 (Abyss kind of cleans up some of the poor characterization Starlin perceived in the other stories). The OGNs I mentioned above come after all of that (and are kind of apart from the rest of the Marvel Universe) - they're Thanos, Adam Warlock, and a cast of other cosmic characters doing kind of trippy high end cosmic adventures.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    We don't know the contents yet. Unless it's a weird mash up omni (like that IG/Hickman Infinity one), it will most likely be the recent OGNs - Infinity Siblings, Infinity Conflict, Infinity Ending, Infinity Finale, Infinity Revelation, Infinity Relativity - and the interstitial material - Infinity Entity and Thanos vs Hulk 4-issue minis and Thanos Annual 1.

The only other real possibility would be Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos 1-6 (plus maybe some non-Starlin Thanos stuff?).

As to placement, after Infinity Crusade there were a number of stories not by Starlin (Thanos vs Thor, Cosmic Powers, etc). Then Starlin wrote Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos 1-6 (Abyss kind of cleans up some of the poor characterization Starlin perceived in the other stories). The OGNs I mentioned above come after all of that (and are kind of apart from the rest of the Marvel Universe) - they're Thanos, Adam Warlock, and a cast of other cosmic characters doing kind of trippy high end cosmic adventures.
    Thanks that helps a lot. So, to confirm everything in the infinity saga omnibus should be read after infinity crusade?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Thanks that helps a lot. So, to confirm everything in the infinity saga omnibus should be read after infinity crusade?
    Presuming the contents is one of the two I listed (OGNs or Abyss/The End), then yes, after Crusade

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just watched a near mint condition video and saw that they are reprinting and expanding The Eternals Omnibus. Along with a few other Omni announcements. Definitely really cool that they add more things to be printed instead of taking them away.
    I'm thinking of picking it up. Has anyone read any of the two runs and would care to comment?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Presuming the contents is one of the two I listed (OGNs or Abyss/The End), then yes, after Crusade
    Thank you for the responses. Will definitely have to get this one.

While I've collected comics for most of my life I've only just discovered the omnibus editions so missed out on the first volumes of the big names does anyone know if they will ever be reprinted, thanks. They are Thor v1 X-men v1 Avengers v1 Hulk v1 Captain America v1 Iron man v1 these are all the silver age appearances. As to my query it is quite funny in all my time reading these comics in the U.K they have only been reprinted in black and white and so I thought I'd treat myself by reading them in colour for the first time. Can anyone help me please?
    Hail Hydra!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    In their video, they point out that the Eternals omnibus is not just a reprint. It has additional content with the 1980a 12 issue mini and some other guest appearances.
    Yes I was aware of that which is what I meant when i said “reprinting and expanding”. But is this is actually the first time that they are reprinting and expanding an Omnibus? I am getting the Daredevil Bendis Omni 2 and it seems that they had a chance there to expand that one with 1-2 trades of material which they apparently have not done.

Are there any examples of them doing this in the past or is Eternals going to be the first time that they have updated a new printing/edition ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    While I've collected comics for most of my life I've only just discovered the omnibus editions so missed out on the first volumes of the big names does anyone know if they will ever be reprinted, thanks. They are Thor v1 X-men v1 Avengers v1 Hulk v1 Captain America v1 Iron man v1 these are all the silver age appearances. As to my query it is quite funny in all my time reading these comics in the U.K they have only been reprinted in black and white and so I thought I'd treat myself by reading them in colour for the first time. Can anyone help me please?
    Yeah they will be reprinted. Honestly if you want to read them then just get Marvel Unlimited and read them on your computer and buy the Omnibus that are currently in print to read physically while you wait for the out of print ones to come back in print.

I’m sure that those omnibus will come back into print but it will take years not weeks or months before it happens. I know the collector in people wants those particular ones right now and maybe they are more appealing because you can’t have them... but there is so much that IS in print and available that you will enjoy just as much if not more.

The only other one I can think of is the X-Men Mutant Massacre omni. I think the Death and Return of Superman from DC did also.