Page 922 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4228228729129189199209219229239249259269329721022 ... LastLast
Results 13,816 to 13,830 of 20773

They’ve just started Exiles complete collections too, better not abandon them like they did X-Factor & Generation X.

Extraordinary Member

Decided to pass on the Avengers Infinity omnibus.

Sorry to ask a question I should already know, but when (give or take) does IST update their site for the next week's new releases? I know it's on TUE - is it 1PM CT, 2PM CST, or 3PM CST?
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    How are we feeling with Marvel completing their complete collections? My Indredible Hercules collection is broken into OHC, hardcover, & trades. I would love to have it all uniform in complete collections, but I know Marvel has a hit or miss track record. They pumped out Bendis’ Avengers and Slott’s Spider-Man, but completely abandoned The 2000’s X-Factor after 2 volumes.

I would imagine Indredible Hercules would consist of 3 or 4 volumes, so I am somewhat skeptical since it’s not as popular as Avengers or Spider-Man.
    Not to be snarky in any way, but I would guess in Herc's case, it'll depend how well vol 1 sells. I believe those PAD X-Factor ones didn't sell, so they stopped the line. They are continuing the F4 by Hickman collections, as an example, so I think the real answer is "if it sells decent, we'll continue until we finish (or it stops selling decently)"

So only time will tell, but on books like Incredible Herc (which is literally one of my all-time faves!) we all need to buy it when it comes out to help us get a shot at a vol 2, 3, etc...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Not to be snarky in any way, but I would guess in Herc's case, it'll depend how well vol 1 sells. I believe those PAD X-Factor ones didn't sell, so they stopped the line. They are continuing the F4 by Hickman collections, as an example, so I think the real answer is "if it sells decent, we'll continue until we finish (or it stops selling decently)"

So only time will tell, but on books like Incredible Herc (which is literally one of my all-time faves!) we all need to buy it when it comes out to help us get a shot at a vol 2, 3, etc...
    My fear is it will be a low seller Which is such a shame because it is a great run!

However, IIRC, Bendis' Avengers Complete Collections were being solicited one after the other, without any sales history. So before volume 1 was ever out, volumes 2 & 3 were already announced.

Same with the recent solicitations for the New Mutants Complete Collections. Well's New Mutants run was quickly followed by DNA's volume 1 & 2 which collected all 50 issues of New Mutants volume 3.

So crossing my fingers Incredible Herc vol 2 is announced in the next few months!

Oh the sad irony of an incomplete Complete Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Lol. 'Incomplete Collection' just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Lol. 'Incomplete Collection' just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?
    DC should coin the phrase for pretty much all of its trade lines...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    They’ve just started Exiles complete collections too, better not abandon them like they did X-Factor & Generation X.
    What’s different between the new Exiles Complete Collections and the Ultimate Collections they released several years ago? (I wish they’d skip these stupid trades and just make an Omnibus for Exiles already)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    What’s different between the new Exiles Complete Collections and the Ultimate Collections they released several years ago? (I wish they’d skip these stupid trades and just make an Omnibus for Exiles already)
    I seldomly drop In here these days but I can help with that one: as far as I know no difference butI don't own the new version (by name only it seems). It was published to go along with the new Exiles series that naturally is already cancelled (or finished). So if you hope for more reprints don't get your hopes up. Last month I read every Exiles collection ever collected. Lots of mediocre issues, very few bad once and some great.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Sorry to ask a question I should already know, but when (give or take) does IST update their site for the next week's new releases? I know it's on TUE - is it 1PM CT, 2PM CST, or 3PM CST?
    Tuesdays, for you in St.Louis, MO, which is Central Time that would be 2pm...give or take.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Tuesdays, for you in St.Louis, MO, which is Central Time that would be 2pm...give or take.
    thanks, Captain!

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    How are we feeling with Marvel completing their complete collections? My Indredible Hercules collection is broken into OHC, hardcover, & trades. I would love to have it all uniform in complete collections, but I know Marvel has a hit or miss track record. They pumped out Bendis’ Avengers and Slott’s Spider-Man, but completely abandoned The 2000’s X-Factor after 2 volumes.

I would imagine Indredible Hercules would consist of 3 or 4 volumes, so I am somewhat skeptical since it’s not as popular as Avengers or Spider-Man.
    Well the word I would put is "naive"...
    Solely based on history. Still hate they didn't finish X-Factor by Peter David... or She-Hulk for that matter.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

New titles added to hachette overnight:
    • Namor the Sub-Mariner by John Byrne and Jae Lee Omnibus
    • Marvel Universe by Rob Liefeld Omnibus
    • Avengers West Coast Epic Collection: Lost in Space-Time
    • Jim Lee XXL (giant hardcover)
    • Venom by Donny Cates Vol. 1 OHC
    • Thanos: The Infinity Ending
    • Marvel Visionaries: Chris Claremont
    • Marvel Visionaries: Steve Ditko
    • X-Men Milestones: X-Tinction Agenda
    • X-Men Milestones: X-Cutioner's Song
    • X-Men Milestones: Fatal Attractions
    I wrote a program that automatically sends emails when new Marvel titles are added on the hachette site. If you'd like to be added to the mailing list, just send an email to marvelcollectionsnews@gmail.com letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    New titles added to hachette overnight:
    • Namor the Sub-Mariner by John Byrne and Jae Lee Omnibus
    Oh Collections Department, shine on you crazy diamond.