Page 914 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4148148649049109119129139149159169179189249641014 ... LastLast
Results 13,696 to 13,710 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't have link to it, so sorry, but the Hachette(sp) catalog has posted a solicit for Marvel Masterworks Ghost Rider vol.1

I saw this scrolling through facebook and at the time the link had a problem. This was back on Fri or Sat, thought I'd see some talk here of that.
    Anyone else see that over the weekend?

I'm mostly an Omni collector but would get that line. OG Johnny Blaze Bronze Age Ghost Rider is long overdue a proper collection format.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't have link to it, so sorry, but the Hachette(sp) catalog has posted a solicit for Marvel Masterworks Ghost Rider vol.1

I saw this scrolling through facebook and at the time the link had a problem. This was back on Fri or Sat, thought I'd see some talk here of that.
    Anyone else see that over the weekend?

I'm mostly an Omni collector but would get that line. OG Johnny Blaze Bronze Age Ghost Rider is long overdue a proper collection format.
    Masterworks don't seem to get much love on these boards, but it's been the talk of the town over on the MMW boards. I am on board for this one. I've been loving the MW format a lot lately for their size (page count) and quality. I sort of wish this was Omni for faster completion and oversize is always great, but this way it's getting the primo restoration and attention.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Masterworks don't seem to get much love on these boards, but it's been the talk of the town over on the MMW boards. I am on board for this one. I've been loving the MW format a lot lately for their size (page count) and quality. I sort of wish this was Omni for faster completion and oversize is always great, but this way it's getting the primo restoration and attention.
    I can imagine. They've been yearning for Ghost Rider for some time now.

I'm a "moderate" MMW collector. I purchase all the Spidey titles (ASM, MTU & PPSSM) and Daredevil in MMW format.

Spectacular Member

I was reading Hickman’s Fantastic Four omnibus and it throws you right into Blackbolt’s story, when I realised had a few things from War and Realm of Kings. However I read them all out of order or missing chunks and I wanted to hold off while trying to compile the crossover. It’s the messiest collection of a story... (maybe I should just get the omni’s?)

I have:
    War of Kings and Realm of Kings OHC
    Guardians of the Galaxy Premiere vol 1-5 (collects 1-25).
    Road to War of Kings trade.
    Nova tpb vol 1,3 and 6 (I need to track the other three volumes down).

And bought independently of the story:
    Thanks Imperative OHC
    X-men: Fall of Shi’ar Empire
    X-men: Deadly Genesis (individual issues bought as a set).

On a side note it was the Annihilation and Conquest OHC that I enjoyed and made me get Nova & Guardians. Now that all the cosmic omnibus’ are out I feel I don’t really need them if I can round out the titles I already own. What else would I really need for Annnihilation, Conquest, War and Realm?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    On a side note it was the Annihilation and Conquest OHC that I enjoyed and made me get Nova & Guardians. Now that all the cosmic omnibus’ are out I feel I don’t really need them if I can round out the titles I already own. What else would I really need for Annnihilation, Conquest, War and Realm?
    I find this site pretty helpful for questions like this:
    https://www.comicbookherald.com/marv...reading-order/

It's a bit differently oriented than the Crushing Krisis collecting guides in a way I think will best answer your question
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

The early Ghost Rider stories take a while to find a clear direction to be honest; most of the excitement will be for the Ploog art, and nostalgia. I compare it to the early Captain Britain stories, also written by Friedrich (who unfortunately passed away last year- it is a shame this was not released whilst he was still around).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    The early Ghost Rider stories take a while to find a clear direction to be honest; most of the excitement will be for the Ploog art, and nostalgia. I compare it to the early Captain Britain stories, also written by Friedrich (who unfortunately passed away last year- it is a shame this was not released whilst he was still around).
    I suspect that since Friedrich sued Marvel back in '07/'08 over the GR rights and it wasn't settled till/'14 that his death maybe the only reason we are getting it the 70s GR material in premium format. I'll get the MMW but really want a multi Omni set of the material, 3 volumes would easily get it covered.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Happy Amazon fishing day. No synopses yet, but most of the Sept. and Oct. titles have shown up. Beyond standard releases (Age of X-Man, War of Realms, the next volume of ongoings), there are a few interesting things in there:

https://smile.amazon.com/s?i=stripbo...1&ref=sr_adv_b

Art of Sara Pichelli
    https://smile.amazon.com/Marvel-Mono...9&unfiltered=1

Daredevil by Frank Miller Box Set:
    https://smile.amazon.com/Daredevil-F...0&unfiltered=1

Hulk Epic: Hands of the Hydra (Presumably volume 4)
    https://smile.amazon.com/Incredible-...0&unfiltered=1

X-Men by Roy Thomas and Neal Adams
    https://smile.amazon.com/X-Men-Roy-T...0&unfiltered=1

Fantastic Four Epic: Mystery of Black Panther (presumably vol 4)
    https://smile.amazon.com/Fantastic-F...7&unfiltered=1

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Paperback? 1896 pages?! $250.00?!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Paperback? 1896 pages?! $250.00?!!
    I'm guessing paperbook books inside a hard case. That's enough pages for the DD omni, the DD omni companion, and the Elektra omni. Hopefully we can get it on discount

Any thoughts on the contents of the Hulk Dogs of War HC?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    Any thoughts on the contents of the Hulk Dogs of War HC?
    I'm not the biggest Hulk fan, but I've read a sampling of just about every writer/era. This book contains all of Paul Jenkins' run, plus the short fill-in run by Sean McKeever. I've always found Jenkins to be an underrated writer - cerebral yet comprehensible - and his Hulk is no exception. The McKeever material is good, but not as good as what came before. If you want it all in one place, I'd recommend this book. It is a bit pricey (should've been $75), but I'd be picking it up myself if I didn't already have the single issues.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm not the biggest Hulk fan, but I've read a sampling of just about every writer/era. This book contains all of Paul Jenkins' run, plus the short fill-in run by Sean McKeever. I've always found Jenkins to be an underrated writer - cerebral yet comprehensible - and his Hulk is no exception. The McKeever material is good, but not as good as what came before. If you want it all in one place, I'd recommend this book. It is a bit pricey (should've been $75), but I'd be picking it up myself if I didn't already have the single issues.
    Thanks. I think I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This also contains the 2 issue Hulk Smash mini by Ennis and McCrea I believe

I was gathering some books today at IST
    But at check out, I was starting too worry they would be discounted more soon and I would lose it,
    but I also did not want to risk losing the DM Captain Marvel Omnibus.
    And so after going back and fourth decided to place the order for the Captain Marvel Omnibus and
    Phil Jimenez Wonder Woman Omnibus, and hold off on other books like Immortal Hulk and Miracle Man.
    I checked back two hours later and saw the books I put back where now discounted more and the
    DM Captain Marvel Omnibus was gone............