Page 140 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 40901301361371381391401411421431441501902406401140 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 20773
    Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Thats true, but there are a lot of series that have had OHCs and omnibuses.
    If I'm counting right, there are actually only 12 Omnis that are also available in separate OHCs - Annihilation, AXM, Busiek's Avengers, Bendis' Daredevil, Hawkeye, New Avengers, New X-Men, Powers, Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-Man. Oh, and I guess the Ultimate sampler Omni, so 13 out of nearly 130 Omnibus volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    If I'm counting right, there are actually only 12 Omnis that are also available in separate OHCs - Annihilation, AXM, Busiek's Avengers, Bendis' Daredevil, Hawkeye, New Avengers, New X-Men, Powers, Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-Man. Oh, and I guess the Ultimate sampler Omni, so 13 out of nearly 130 Omnibus volumes.
    Which New X Men run is available in the OHC format?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Which New X Men run is available in the OHC format?
    Grant Morrison's New X-Men run is available in 3 OHC's

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-CAR View Post
    Define available ��

If Hickman's Avengers stuff comes out in Omnibu, it's not going to be for a while. It's too readily available in three other formats. Marvel isn't going to cannibalize their own sales.

Look how long it took the Busiek Avengers to hit Omni after the OHCs.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I finished Hickman's New Avengers vol. 2 OHC last night; this brings me up through Infinity in Avengers and now to the beginning of Time Run Out in New Avengers.

I have to say, I just am not a fan. Hickman has always been more of a miss to me, but I did really love his Fantastic Four/FF runs. Avengers is not that. In fact, I feel you could write this same story with almost any comic book characters and not have to change a thing. It's more like he wanted to write a "Hickman" story, as opposed to an "Avengers" story.

It's not that I don't think Hickman is a good writer; he seems very capable. It's that his ideas are too broad and clinical to actually get invested in. It's like someone took a semester of Engineering and feel in love with the words and concepts. All these phrases that sound cool, but are utterly meaningless in the context of the story. I feel like I'm proofing a test report, not reading an Avengers comics.

Vol. 3 of Avengers just arrived, so maybe that will sway me back to the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    If Hickman's Avengers stuff comes out in Omnibu, it's not going to be for a while. It's too readily available in three other formats. Marvel isn't going to cannibalize their own sales.

Look how long it took the Busiek Avengers to hit Omni after the OHCs.
    I completely agree. While I think that it is a great candidate for the omnibus treatment at some point in the future, and hope to see it happen, it doesn't make any sense for them to compete with themselves for sales. Once the OHC's are OOP we will likely see an omni. I wouldn't be surprised to see complete collections at some point either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    My copy of the superior foes of spider-man omni arrived into work this morning. I haven't had a proper look at it as its sealed (and I'm still at work) but it seems like a cool book. I think I only ever read the first issue of this so I'm excited to dive in. The spine's quite cool, it's the standard marvel now white with the omnibus logo at the top but the series title is all scratchy and Spider-man has webs underneath it. The bottom has the cast carrying the beetle. I like it, it'll stand out among the other ohcs that are just written in block capitals.
    please post a pic if u have time!

Quote Originally Posted by X-CAR View Post
    Huh. Must have missed that. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    Define available ��
    As in Marvel produced 3 OHC's containing Grant Morrison's New X-Men run. All but vol. 3 can be found on secondary market for around cover price with Vol. 3 being a bit higher in price.

It seems you're right. I'm surprised. My first thought was: No way, there has to be more. I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    It's like someone took a semester of Engineering and feel in love with the words and concepts. All these phrases that sound cool, but are utterly meaningless in the context of the story. I feel like I'm proofing a test report, not reading an Avengers comics.
    Ha, I thought the exact same thing but you did a better job of conceptualizing it. I liked his Secret Warriors and his FF but Avengers was an absolute mess.

Whew!!!..Just received my Stern Spidey and ASM 1 from CGN...perfect condition...I was getting worried after hearing a few of the post here.
    still wainting on another order from them.

Quote Originally Posted by namor View Post
    Whew!!!..Just received my Stern Spidey and ASM 1 from CGN...perfect condition...I was getting worried after hearing a few of the post here.
    still wainting on another order from them.
    I got my Stern Spidey today as well. Perfect condition. Still waiting on ASM 1 omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Huh. Must have missed that. Cheers!

Published 2001-2004 as the run originally came out. So, yeah. It's been a while.

Wait, you missed one - Millar's Wolverine is available in OHCs. Also most of the Ennis Punisher run and Alias (I believe) but those aren't quite finished.

Regardless, you make a good point